54 Cambodian migrants arrested in Sa Kaeo

webfact

54 Cambodian migrants arrested in Sa Kaeo

By THE NATION

800_1528de8ccfa5f0b.jpg?v=1590719382

Fifty-four Cambodian nationals were arrested at the Thai-Cambodian border in Sa Kaeo’s Ta Phraya district for allegedly entering the country illegally.

“The group was led by La Peun, 46, a Cambodian national, who brought 53 Cambodian workers -- 32 males and 21 females -- across the border,” Ta Phraya Police Station said on Thursday (May 28). “The suspect confessed that he had collected Bt3,000 from each worker as a fee for bringing them across the border,” police said.

640_b9gd697hfbajbbbcg5kk9.jpg

Other suspects reportedly told the police that they had intended to enter Thailand to find jobs, as there weren't any in Cambodia due to the shutdown of Thai-Cambodian border checkpoints to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

All 54 suspects were charged with entering the country as foreigners with no passport and were brought to Ta Phraya Police Station for legal procedures.

640_j7h5bi7af6i9e79g75ajc.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388712

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-29

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

“The suspect confessed that he had collected Bt3,000 from each worker as a fee for bringing them across the border,”

Easy; Bt1.500 for the suspect and Bt1.500 for the official = Bt3.000.-

Sa Kaeo--Gosh they didn't get to far did they---poor sod's,

My wife is nearly 60 comes from near the boarder Sis-sa-Ket way, and she tells me that when the Pol Pot thing was on, they would just stand outside your house and say---we will work all day,  no money just give us some food. So much suffering from one country.

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Sa Kaeo--Gosh they didn't get to far did they---poor sod's,

My wife is nearly 60 comes from near the boarder Sis-sa-Ket way, and she tells me that when the Pol Pot thing was on, they would just stand outside your house and say---we will work all day,  no money just give us some food. So much suffering from one country.

I was in the refugee resettlement business back in Thailand back in 1979-1980.  As an interviewer trying to piece together family history (in hopes of reuniting in the future) , I learned a few words of Cambodian. Male, female, dead. Sad.  Very sad.

• 3 weeks later...

The border in the countryside is an imaginary line in the jungle. What where they thinking paying 3000 B each to a guy taking them to sakaeo. Thais wouldn’t  spot a 50 Cambodians group in the city ? They are stupid