Thailand reports 11 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

webfact

Thailand reports 11 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

s2.reutersmedia copy.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand confirmed 11 new coronavirus cases on Friday and no new deaths, taking the number of infections to 3,076.

The new cases were all patients who had arrived from Kuwait and were in quarantine, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

The coronavirus has killed 57 people in Thailand since it was first detected in January.

(Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat and Panarat Thepgumpanat; Editing by Martin Petty)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-29

Dangerous place Kuwait But hotter and sunnier than here ,so rate is surprising , but i suspect these were possibly workers living dormitories so open to all sorts of contamination

Either that or its all this pen sharing at 7 11 and the like , now where's my steam powered "beam me up scotty" Thai whatever application

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, poohy said:

Dangerous place Kuwait But hotter and sunnier than here ,so rate is surprising , but i suspect these were possibly workers living dormitories so open to all sorts of contamination

Either that or its all this pen sharing at 7 11 and the like , now where's my steam powered "beam me up scotty" Thai whatever application

It is colder than here jan through march only in May does it start getting hotter

• Like 1

...and so we slowly move to the new normal. Pattaya's beaches to reopen at the start of June and the lifting of the at the start of July, including a resumption of international travel. Face masks, frequent hand cleansing, social distancing and Thai Chana will all remain a part o four lives for the foreseeable future though. Let's hope nothing goes wrong between now and July 1st.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Yes dormitories are risky places in the best of times for contagious diseases , I've stayed in dormitories but only 4 beds and I sleep with a mask on. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The new cases were all patients who had arrived from Kuwait and were in quarantine, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

The new cases were all [presumably Thai] patients who had arrived from Kuwait and were in quarantine, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

Funny how they seem to fail to mention that rather pertinent detail.

Dont count on it for international flights in from Westerners to Thailand touristic way before next year first quarter.

I cancelled my travell out of Thailand to visit home country as i realized i would not be accepted in to Thailand again even as ret.ext. living here 11 years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

Zero Covid-19 risk in Thailand as long as you don't get near someone who came from somewhere outside of Thailand. 

Are they not in a Naval/ Army  base or quarantine hotel? So therefore kept away from the general population.

Are you sneaking into the Naval bases ? Nothing like a fellow in uniform. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poohy said:

those people are dressed from head to toe

too hot to get any vitamin D from the sun

so airco rooms = ideal for spread of .... virus

• Like 1

Tell the Chula professor that all the people coming in for the past month have been Thais, not foreigners, and all of the ones infected for the past month have been Thais.  The latest number of infections - eleven - are all Thai. 

• Like 1

no word on dormitories.   

were these 11  positive before transport?  were there others on the plane? did they know?  are they now in 14 day quarentine?   just wait until they open up  for international travel,  the almost safe Thailand will be back in the deep chit.  taxi drivers will get it and then some nightclub will spread  it bigly.  and it may be a more virulent strain this time.  

1 hour ago, CM Dad said:

Tell the Chula professor that all the people coming in for the past month have been Thais, not foreigners, and all of the ones infected for the past month have been Thais.  The latest number of infections - eleven - are all Thai. 

He knows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Traubert said:

He knows.

...and, doesn't care. The narrative is: Thais are safe here from other Thais who are here. Farangs are dirty and dangerous. Foreign lands are polluted and dangerous. China is probably okay, though, as they have the virus under control. 

• Like 2

Yes , the stage is being set for the new normal

Fask masks , track and tracing, more surveillance, all this after destroying jobs worldwide, not sure of Thailand but the US are indicating 40 million jobs lost and lets also consider the lives lost due to lockdowns , not made available yet?

Awaiting the arrival of the potentially mandatory vaccine , which maybe a new type genetically modified Will it be safety tested ,none have been since 1986

Will this become an ID , a form of passport to travel? and for access to other services

Do people think that the lockdowns are warranted , justified? 

Thailand 57 deaths , 3000 infections, most deaths 95% elderly with conditions and compromised immune systems?

Most people are asymptomatic and this respiratory virus does not affect them.

Efficacy of all testing has not been validated yet?

But the Drug companies will make possibly Trillions out the vaccines and funding, as is already happening.

So out of the NEW normal, will be potentially NEW viruses and NEW pandemics, you see the revenue after all WAR is no longer profitable, the new PROFIT motive is Infectious diseases and their Vaccine so called cures, it makes sense they have been working on the Corona Virus at least since 2010, finally pulling out of the joint venture Wuhan Lab in 2019.

People are awake to this 

Healthy life in mind and body ????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52840763

Coronavirus: The mystery of 'silent spreaders'

But over the following week, three local people also came down with the disease for no obvious reason, leading to one of Singapore's first and most baffling coronavirus cases. Working out what had happened would lead to a new and disturbing insight into how the virus was so successfully finding new victims

Edited by 3NUMBAS