Thailand warned to brace for the second wave of COVID-19 infections

webfact

Thailand warned to brace for the second wave of COVID-19 infections

1590727862598.jpg

The Dean of the Faculty of Medical Science at Siriraj Hospital has warned Thailand to prepare for the second outbreak of COVID-19, which he said is a certainty and, when it happens, the number of fatalities is expected to increase exponentially.

Speaking on the Mahidol TV Channel today, Professor Dr. Prasit Wattanapha said that, from his monitoring of the COVID-19 situation worldwide, he is sure that Thailand will face a second wave of infections.

“If there are about 100 new infections in one day, it means the virus has already spread widely.  When it spreads, the number of infections will not be doubled, but squared,” he said, adding that several countries are already experiencing second rounds of infections.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-warned-to-brace-for-the-second-wave-of-covid-19-infections/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

have you any figures for "all" deaths in Thailand the last 5 months and what they died of especially "viral Pneumonia"

no didn't think so

Let's say you are right, but why would we care?Does it affect you personally if someone dies of Covid 19 or viral pneumonia?A death is still a death

Since the only kind of evidence we're likely to get anytime soon will be anecdotal (since the government reporting doesn't address what we really want to know, namely, the actual totals), I propose we all ask ourselves Have I had it, or Do I know anyone who has had it, or Do I know anyone who knows anyone who has had it? And report it here. For myself, I haven't had it that I know, nor do I know anyone, nor know anyone who knows anyone, who has had it in Thailand. Now in the US my son, who has a degree in public health but was never tested, is pretty sure he had a mild to moderate case of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddha Pist said:

Yeah so where did they hide the corpses, Sherlock?

See all those long lines of thousands of people queuing day after day to be fed?!?!

Ever see the film "Soylent Green" ?

Theres the answer.

Edited by 19DL86
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

In March this year, Dr. Prasit predicted that COVID-19 infections in Thailand would peak at over 100,000 with hundreds of fatalities by mid-April.  To date, however, about 3,000 plus cases have been recorded with a death toll of 57.

Doesn't give him much credibility at all, but we are expected to believe his latest fear mongering ?

well have you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

answer the question instead of letting on you are confused with my question 

go ahead and produce the figures 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You would not know if there was a 10% bump. I know of three burning areas in just around my village alone and our Main Wat that also does cremations. We hear the Monks chanting almost every third night for the three days all year round. People are dying all the time. Times this all by every village in Thailand and a lot of people can go up in smoke and you would not notice much of a bump at all if like many Thais, die at home; and yes, many village Thais do die at home.

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

In March this year, Dr. Prasit predicted that COVID-19 infections in Thailand would peak at over 100,000 with hundreds of fatalities by mid-April.  To date, however, about 3,000 plus cases have been recorded with a death toll of 57.

Doesn't give him much credibility at all, but we are expected to believe his latest fear mongering ?

Despite the lack of resemblance, this guy appears to be related to the disgraced/infamous Dr Neil Ferguson.

So if we have 100 infections per day, which we had in March, the number of infections will be squared (10,000 per day), which we never had, and no country has had.

This guy is throwing numbers around while thinking about the next lottery draw, and not about science...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vivananahuahin said:

Korea is the white list now, and the second wave is now started, it will be very difficult to travel this year without vaccination and if Thailand open the air,land and see traffic the second wave will be a reality.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this color coding.

In Thailand, they have green, yellow, orange and red provinces, according to their covid 19 status...and yet they are all treated exactly the same: same curfew, same activities allowed to open, same everything...

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

And, please stop with the Thai people would post it on social media stuff. The only Thai people who would know about that extra amount are those at the top with the aggregate reports.

What about the family and friends of all those people if there really were thousands of (conspiracy theory) deaths?  You don't think they know about it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddha Pist said:

Yeah so where did they hide the corpses, Sherlock?

Wonder how many pnuemonia etc. deaths compared to last year. Has diabetes, has covid, died from diabetes. It's the died with and died from thing. Some countries are overstating some understating. My guess is Thailand has understated. Having said this this is also a nice tool for the junta  govt. to use to continually extend state of emergency. 2nd wave, 3rd wave etc. 

Edited by dinsdale

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

You'd hardly notice a few hundred over the normal 1400/day, even in the UK with 10's of thousands there aren't bodies in the streets, no more than usual in any case. 

Exactly!!

Moreso we were told back in the UK that all the "lockdown" measures that were brought in was to preent over burdening of the hosptals/NHS.  <deleted>!

I have friends and family working in the NHS and you can research this.  The hospitals were virtually empty apart from Covid cases.  The A and E were massively under used as there's been very very few road accidents, work place injuries, sporting injuries, pub fights - plus a lot a folk are too scared to go to hospital for obvious reasons.

For whatever reasons and agendas it seems to be serving a lot of governments around the World, to spread fear and have us all panicking locked away submitting to massive restrictions of our freedom and liberty.  Voluntarily having tracer apps in our phones ect.

I am truly shocked and amazed at how quickly and orderly most people have succumb to the control.  So now the Thai govt are ratcheting it up with this bull and a new second wave, tosh. 

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

He could well be spot on, however the numbers released don't match his...

Really, so every 100 infected people will infect 100 each ?? That's a pretty high R value !!

No, that's an R0 = 1 which is low.  The R0 of Covid-19 is believed to be between 2 and 5.  Measles has an R0 of 18.  An R0 = 1 would result in a steady state, neither increasing nor decreasing.  An R0 < 1 means the infection will disappear, while an R0 > 0 means everyone will eventually be infected unless there is some intervention to prevent that, such as widespread social distancing.