BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand warned to brace for the second wave of COVID-19 infections

Thailand warned to brace for the second wave of COVID-19 infections

1590727862598.jpg

The Dean of the Faculty of Medical Science at Siriraj Hospital has warned Thailand to prepare for the second outbreak of COVID-19, which he said is a certainty and, when it happens, the number of fatalities is expected to increase exponentially.

Speaking on the Mahidol TV Channel today, Professor Dr. Prasit Wattanapha said that, from his monitoring of the COVID-19 situation worldwide, he is sure that Thailand will face a second wave of infections.

“If there are about 100 new infections in one day, it means the virus has already spread widely.  When it spreads, the number of infections will not be doubled, but squared,” he said, adding that several countries are already experiencing second rounds of infections.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-warned-to-brace-for-the-second-wave-of-covid-19-infections/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Buddha Pist said:

Yeah so where did they hide the corpses, Sherlock?

up in smoke without a trace - show me the figures Watson

Yeah and in 2050 there will be the 300th wave

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

have you any figures for "all" deaths in Thailand the last 5 months and what they died of especially "viral Pneumonia"

no didn't think so

Let's say you are right, but why would we care?Does it affect you personally if someone dies of Covid 19 or viral pneumonia?A death is still a death

Since the only kind of evidence we're likely to get anytime soon will be anecdotal (since the government reporting doesn't address what we really want to know, namely, the actual totals), I propose we all ask ourselves Have I had it, or Do I know anyone who has had it, or Do I know anyone who knows anyone who has had it? And report it here. For myself, I haven't had it that I know, nor do I know anyone, nor know anyone who knows anyone, who has had it in Thailand. Now in the US my son, who has a degree in public health but was never tested, is pretty sure he had a mild to moderate case of it.

• Like 1