BANGKOK
roger101

Bangkok to London Flights

Does anyone have updated information on when these flights will start.

July 1st would be my guess.

Posted (edited)

EVA still flying direct weekly, otherwise can go Lufthansa via Frankfurt, KLM via Amsterdam or Qatar via Doha.  

Edited by Upnotover
  • Like 2

haven't stopped just a restricted service

• Like 2

Next Eva Air is on Sunday, May 31.

Seems like they have reduced to one per week?

They have. Only on Sundays.

Still a couple of flights to other European destinations like Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt.

I have some friends who last week flew back to Amsterdam (From BKK) with KLM with recently purchased tickets , quite sure you could get a connecting flight to London from Amsterdam .

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

quite sure you could get a connecting flight to London from Amsterdam .

And also from Frankfurt.

Just make sure/inquire whether you will stay in transit as leaving the transit area might cause problems.

BTW, nice coincidence with this thread (Bangkok - London on Lufthansa):

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1166156-flight-bangkok-to-london-on-lufthansa-this-evening/

Edited by KhunBENQ

Get in quick if you want to avoid the "quarantine" starting on June 8th.

• Like 1

I have a friend leaving on eva tomorrow and I’m on the one next week. 
Swiss air are doing the route with one short stop in Zurich for a hour or so but it’s half price of eva flight which is 20000bht for economy.
British Airways are due to start same route direct in July . Although they advertised it for last 2 months and cancelled them all. 

21 hours ago, steve187 said:

haven't stopped just a restricted service

Agreed. The flights never stopped. For instance, Eva Air still runs about one per week, as I understand it. The flight holds are probably full of freight, given that the number of freight flights are very limited. For instance, there appears to be only one flight for DHL running from Bangkok to Vientiane when before Covid there was one per day.

18 hours ago, treetops said:

Get in quick if you want to avoid the "quarantine" starting on June 8th.

It’s not an enforced quarantine like Thailand, you have to give the address you are staying at, they can check up to see if you are there but impossible to police as hundreds of thousands of people fly into the Uk everyday, through the the Channel Tunnel and arrive by ferry.

• Like 1

I enquired when B.A. flights will resume, they said ‘scheduled’ for the 1st of July ?

1 hour ago, jimn said:

Another OP who doesnt bother to investigate properly before opening a topic. The flights never stopped as quoted above.

This wasn't for me but a friend who doesn't have internet. He was booked for a flight on the 7th June with Eva. When he went to the agent they couldn't at the time find any information. So when he told me a  few days later I said I would look on the net. I tried Eva website but no joy. Looked at another couple of sites, still no definite information. So yesterday I tried the font of all knowledge and got the info that he needed. OK

28 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I enquired when B.A. flights will resume, they said ‘scheduled’ for the 1st of July ?

Specifically to Bangkok?

This magic date is discussed intensively but the details seem to be unclear.

The hopes that unlimited touristic travel TO Thailand will be possible seems rashly.