Bangkok to London Flights

roger101

Next Eva Air is on Sunday, May 31.

Seems like they have reduced to one per week?

They have. Only on Sundays.

Still a couple of flights to other European destinations like Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt.

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

quite sure you could get a connecting flight to London from Amsterdam .

And also from Frankfurt.

Just make sure/inquire whether you will stay in transit as leaving the transit area might cause problems.

BTW, nice coincidence with this thread (Bangkok - London on Lufthansa):

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1166156-flight-bangkok-to-london-on-lufthansa-this-evening/

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have a friend leaving on eva tomorrow and I’m on the one next week. 
Swiss air are doing the route with one short stop in Zurich for a hour or so but it’s half price of eva flight which is 20000bht for economy.
British Airways are due to start same route direct in July . Although they advertised it for last 2 months and cancelled them all. 

21 hours ago, steve187 said:

haven't stopped just a restricted service

Agreed. The flights never stopped. For instance, Eva Air still runs about one per week, as I understand it. The flight holds are probably full of freight, given that the number of freight flights are very limited. For instance, there appears to be only one flight for DHL running from Bangkok to Vientiane when before Covid there was one per day.

18 hours ago, treetops said:

Get in quick if you want to avoid the "quarantine" starting on June 8th.

It’s not an enforced quarantine like Thailand, you have to give the address you are staying at, they can check up to see if you are there but impossible to police as hundreds of thousands of people fly into the Uk everyday, through the the Channel Tunnel and arrive by ferry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

Another OP who doesnt bother to investigate properly before opening a topic. The flights never stopped as quoted above.

This wasn't for me but a friend who doesn't have internet. He was booked for a flight on the 7th June with Eva. When he went to the agent they couldn't at the time find any information. So when he told me a  few days later I said I would look on the net. I tried Eva website but no joy. Looked at another couple of sites, still no definite information. So yesterday I tried the font of all knowledge and got the info that he needed. OK

28 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I enquired when B.A. flights will resume, they said ‘scheduled’ for the 1st of July ?

Specifically to Bangkok?

This magic date is discussed intensively but the details seem to be unclear.

The hopes that unlimited touristic travel TO Thailand will be possible seems rashly.

23 hours ago, Don Mega said:

July 1st would be my guess.

My flight was cancelled and the airline have offered me a return to Heathrow on the 1st July. 

43 minutes ago, roger101 said:

This wasn't for me but a friend who doesn't have internet. He was booked for a flight on the 7th June with Eva. When he went to the agent they couldn't at the time find any information. So when he told me a  few days later I said I would look on the net. I tried Eva website but no joy. Looked at another couple of sites, still no definite information. So yesterday I tried the font of all knowledge and got the info that he needed. OK

You mean you telephoned them?

17 minutes ago, falang1969 said:

The strange thing is TG916 BKK-LHR is still flying almost every other day.

But you can't book a seat on it. I wonder if there is actually anyone on it or is it just empty?

Repatriations I think but only Fri/Sat for last week. TG916 left 30 mins ago. TG917 on approach now. Another tomorrow ( TG916 r/t).  

Edited by nauseus

23 minutes ago, falang1969 said:

The strange thing is TG916 BKK-LHR is still flying almost every other day.

But you can't book a seat on it. I wonder if there is actually anyone on it or is it just empty?

Been mentioned elsewhere here that they are flying cargo.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Lunacy. Imagine all the people you could infect on public transport getting home on your bus and 3 trains before isolating

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

When you arrive in the UK, go straight to the place where you will self-isolate. Your friends or family can collect you from the airport, port or station. Only use public transport if you have no other option. If you do use public transport, wear something that covers your nose and mouth and stay 2 metres apart from other people.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Lunacy. Imagine all the people you could infect on public transport getting home on your bus and 3 trains before isolating

Or perhaps more realistically Imagine all the people you could infected by.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

It’s not an enforced quarantine like Thailand, you have to give the address you are staying at, they can check up to see if you are there but impossible to police as hundreds of thousands of people fly into the Uk everyday, through the the Channel Tunnel and arrive by ferry.

Incorrect - there are not hundreds of thousands arriving every day at the moment - there are some, mostly UK residents that have been stuck abroad .  Also, is it quite easy to check you are at the quarantine address. You have to give a phone number for the address and if you don't answer when they call, you will be fined £1000 + if you are not a legal UK resident, you will be deported.

I hope genuine travellers don't do as you are suggesting because the government have stated that if the 'home' qurantine is abused they will either make it mandatory at a government facilty or cancel it altogether.

I'm waiting for the day I can travel to Thailand and see my wife again - I'll happily home quarantine when I get back. What I, and hundreds, possibly thousands of others don't need is people behaving in the way you are suggesting and causing the quarantine concession to be cancelled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Also, is it quite easy to check you are at the quarantine address. You have to give a phone number for the address and if you don't answer when they call, you will be fined £1000 + if you are not a legal UK resident, you will be deported.

Doesn't everyone just have mobile phones?

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Doesn't everyone just have mobile phones?

Nope, I certainly still have a landline.

But to be honest, there are quite a few people that don't - especially the younger generation.  So far nothing has been said about anyone arriving that cannot provide a phone number. Obviously a mobile proves nothing. 

All that's been said at the moment is that some sort of declaration will have to be completed prior to departure so I guess the airline will be handing those out. People who don't complete them won't be allowed in.

If they are not tough enough with it, I can see the system being abused and simply cancelled.

Edited by KhaoYai