Bangkok to London Flights

roger101

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Specifically to Bangkok?

This magic date is discussed intensively but the details seem to be unclear.

The hopes that unlimited touristic travel TO Thailand will be possible seems rashly.

When you go the B.A. Website the flights from Heathrow are not direct to BKK with B.A, you have to go to Hong Kong or other places and the flights are with multiple airlines.

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Incorrect - there are not hundreds of thousands arriving every day at the moment - there are some, mostly UK residents that have been stuck abroad .  Also, is it quite easy to check you are at the quarantine address. You have to give a phone number for the address and if you don't answer when they call, you will be fined £1000 + if you are not a legal UK resident, you will be deported.

I hope genuine travellers don't do as you are suggesting because the government have stated that if the 'home' qurantine is abused they will either make it mandatory at a government facilty or cancel it altogether.

I'm waiting for the day I can travel to Thailand and see my wife again - I'll happily home quarantine when I get back. What I, and hundreds, possibly thousands of others don't need is people behaving in the way you are suggesting and causing the quarantine concession to be cancelled.

You ever watch the U.K. news the citizens are breaking the lockdown every day, yes give them an address but what is to stop you staying there for a day or so then moving on, the Police would have no idea where you were.

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

You ever watch the U.K. news the citizens are breaking the lockdown every day, yes give them an address but what is to stop you staying there for a day or so then moving on, the Police would have no idea where you were.

Yes I watch the UK news every day - I live here. You are presuming then that the authorities will only call once and that will be on the first day.

I expect there may be some abuse and yes, people are breaking the lockdown but lockdown and quarantine are 2 different things. Most people who were breaking the lockdown think they will get away with some excuse or other if they are questioned. There is no excuse for breaking quarantine - you stay in one place, end of.

Whether the UK's quarantine policy works or not, its not really the right thing to do to come on this forum suggesting ways around it - Covid 19 is a serious issue.

Edited by KhaoYai

13 hours ago, roger101 said:

This wasn't for me but a friend who doesn't have internet. He was booked for a flight on the 7th June with Eva. When he went to the agent they couldn't at the time find any information. So when he told me a  few days later I said I would look on the net. I tried Eva website but no joy. Looked at another couple of sites, still no definite information. So yesterday I tried the font of all knowledge and got the info that he needed. OK

Thats not what you quoted in your opening remarks to the topic. If you go onto one of the flight search engines like Skyscanner you will see the upcoming departures over the next few days, not rocket science.

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

When you go the B.A. Website the flights from Heathrow are not direct to BKK with B.A, you have to go to Hong Kong or other places and the flights are with multiple airlines.

Not quite true. There are no BA flights London to Bangkok until 29 and 30 June and yes these are not direct but via Hong Kong. Direct flights are scheduled however from July 1st. Fully expect the flights to be cancelled though as Thailand not accepting incoming pasengers. Unless they come in empty of course.

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Yes I watch the UK news every day - I live here. You are presuming then that the authorities will only call once and that will be on the first day.

I expect there may be some abuse and yes, people are breaking the lockdown but lockdown and quarantine are 2 different things. Most people who were breaking the lockdown think they will get away with some excuse or other if they are questioned. There is no excuse for breaking quarantine - you stay in one place, end of.

Whether the UK's quarantine policy works or not, its not really the right thing to do to come on this forum suggesting ways around it - Covid 19 is a serious issue.

Loads of migrants have arrived in the U.K., we can’t even keep track of them never mind legit arrivals in their hundreds. Mobile Phone, just change the sim, most arrivals won’t have a UK Sim and if they are only here on holiday they are not going get one.

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Loads of migrants have arrived in the U.K., we can’t even keep track of them never mind legit arrivals in their hundreds. Mobile Phone, just change the sim, most arrivals won’t have a UK Sim and if they are only here on holiday they are not going get one.

If they're not from the EU/EEA, they will generally get a new SIM (especially if they're migrants rather than tourists). - Because using their existing SIM in their phone for data will cost them an absolute fortune. I know people who buy a three PAYG sim when they land in London, pay for unlimited data for a month (still £15?) - and they're sorted for their holiday.

Or do you see hordes of people on holiday in Thailand still using their home country SIM rather than swapping it out for a Thai SIM for exactly the same reason.

There is obviously the problem that if it's at immigration that they're having to give their phone number - they won't have their SIM yet because you generally buy it from the shops once you're past immigration and customs.

Edited by bkk_mike

20 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Specifically to Bangkok?

This magic date is discussed intensively but the details seem to be unclear.

The hopes that unlimited touristic travel TO Thailand will be possible seems rashly.

Just checked Eva and they are selling flights starting 1st July but not flying every day maybe 4 times a week  London to Bangkok but I reckon they are just going through the motions knowing full well  those flights will not be available until such times that the UK can show a clean country rid of the virus for at least a month . If the $100,00 dollar insurance and fit to fly rules are still in place there will be few if any visitors to Thailand so no demand for flights .

19 hours ago, Maejoe said:

TG 916 still flying BKK - LHR  3 times per week, mostly cargo only flights,

However, passenger bookings will be accepted from 1 June

It has a cargo capacity of 26 tons, wonder if they pulled all the seats out or are just flying it light (cargo 777-300 can carry 56 ton). ?

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

It has a cargo capacity of 26 tons, wonder if they pulled all the seats out or are just flying it light (cargo 777-300 can carry 56 ton). ?

I have seen pictures of planes where cargo was simply stowed on seats/overhead compartments.

It makes sense only for valuable stuff (medical supply e.g.).

Like this picture from Lufthansa:

cargo.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I have seen pictures of planes where cargo was simply stowed on seats/overhead compartments.

It makes sense only for valuable stuff (medical supply e.g.).

Like this picture from Lufthansa:

cargo.jpg

Wowzers thanks for the pic, bet the luggage loaders love moving all them boxes !!

4 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Good way to lose even more money if it was cargo-only. Using A350's at the moment. Last Tuesday flight cancelled.

19 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I don't know how that would work, I seem to remember that Hong Kong stopped all arrivals (except for re-patriation) including transit passengers a few weeks ago.  Don't know if that's changed.

28 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I don't know how that would work, I seem to remember that Hong Kong stopped all arrivals (except for re-patriation) including transit passengers a few weeks ago.  Don't know if that's changed.

B.A website showing direct flights from Heathrow to BKK on the 1st July, if you book and they cancel the vouchers if you accept instead IFA refund are valid for 12 months.

On 5/29/2020 at 2:03 PM, CorpusChristie said:

I have some friends who last week flew back to Amsterdam (From BKK) with KLM with recently purchased tickets , quite sure you could get a connecting flight to London from Amsterdam .

Think I might stay a few days if I went to Amsterdam