i need a little advice i have a retirement visa and a multi entry permit so i can come and go to the uk as many times as i need in the 12 month i have to go back to the uk for a few weeks to sort a few things out and got a flight in july booked if its not cancelled but i need to know what paperwork i will need to come back to thailand with all this covid 19. will i still need health insurance and fit to fly cert as my health insurance will run out 3 days before i fly back to the uk and was going to get again once i have returned

• Confused 1

thanks for the info i thought about putting the trip off a few month but thats imposible i will just have to play it as it comes or get health insurance before i go back. not looking forward to going and will be back but only 3 weeks and then back to thailand

• Confused 1

Yes I must go in person to sign and have witnessed a few things with house sales and pension so not got a choice but to go in person. Thinking if putting all my stuff here in storage maybe some time before I can get back so it maybe cheaper then paying rent here while I'm not here 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, malthebluff said:

thanks for the info i thought about putting the trip off a few month but thats imposible i will just have to play it as it comes or get health insurance before i go back. not looking forward to going and will be back but only 3 weeks and then back to thailand

You will probably need a Fit to fly-certificate issued within 72 hours prior to the flight + an insurance covering Covid-19 with a coverage of at least 100,000 USD. Maybe the 14 days quarantine will still be in effect when you come back. No one knows for sure. 

As per post #8. I have sold houses (AU) etc and did it from Thailand. I took the docs to embassy had my signatures witnessed etc then surface mailed them back to Oz.

Clearly you have looked into it. Just surprised UK different. 

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just surprised UK different. 

The UK government is renowned for its dogged determination to make life as difficult as is humanly possible for us Brit expats in LOS in a whole variety of ways.

• Sad 1

On 5/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, malthebluff said:

Those are the old requirements and it might not be the same after July 1.

I predict that there will be different requirements for countries with different risk i.e. low, mid, high risk.

I know some people here don't want to hear this but this is the most likely scenario that will be announced sometimes in late June.

Edited by EricTh

Non-Thais returning to Thailand must have a work permit and permission from the Thai consulate. You will be waiting in the UK until they relax the rules to allow more foreigners to enter.

7EEC3D10-9EFB-4737-9E91-2DE1A85C4EA5.jpeg

Edited by Martyp