Go-go bars gone as coronavirus hits Bangkok's sex district

webfact

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Excellent news. I hope to see this reflected in the reduction of STIs. Hoepefully, this blunts the  growing numbers of HIV infections, Sad to say that much of the sex trade is the country's shameful contributor to despair, drug addiction, debt and deadly disease.

Tsk tsk . Another petty moralist apportioning blame for an act that bought him / her into the world. Dare I utter that shameful word ??? sex !!

17 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Though you are likely correct in a grand sense, sometimes what you think is 'logic' is a belief based on false assumptions.

You might want to look up 'sociobiology', something first brought to prominence by E.O. Wilson.

First, reality: the purpose of life is more life. Boil it down to its basics, and that's it. That means instinct is the driving force of existence. Instinct is geared towards reproducing one's gene pool. 'Selection' of a mate---what we romantics like to call "attraction"---is really just instinct: What sexual partner is most likely to produce a superior being who will carry my genetic contribution forward? Dress it up however you want, but that's what attraction is all about. Good looks, nice body....what they really say is: superior gene pool.

Yes, a man is unlikely to be attracted to a 60-70 year old woman. The reason is less aesthetic than it is biological. At that age the woman is past the age of fertility. Mating with her is biologically useless. Men, OTOH, can pass on their gene pool until death. That does not make them an attractive partner, but a man slightly long in the tooth, who is in shape, handsome, and shows minimal effects of aging, is a genetic marvel and much in demand, because his gene pool is clearly of a strong and superior nature. Scientific studies bear this out. Lots of 20 year old women would be attracted to Brad Pitt or George Clooney, or Richard Gere until recently, despite two being 50+ and Gere almost 70. Toss in Ken Watanabe to add some ethnic diversity. The women may not understand why (it's genetic), they just know they are attracted. Perhaps not all women, but a good many.

Attraction in a biological sense has many oddities, not just age-related. Depending on where a woman is in her monthly menstrual cycle, she will be drawn to a different type of man. At some points in the cycle she will be attracted to cute; at other times she'll be drawn toward uber virile. Remember that Donna Summer song 'Hot Stuff'? "Wanna bring a wild man back home"? A sociobiologist, hearing that, would be able to tell you where a woman is in her monthly cycle. She doesn't want 16-year old Leonardo di Caprio, she wants the 40 year old version because she's feeling freaky.

At what age does a man become 'too old' to attract a 20 year old looking for a fit gene pool contribution?  45? 50? 60? It probably depends on---the man's gene pool and how well he has taken care of himself.

Studies have shown the trait women find most attractive in a man is a high shoulder-to-waist ratio. The least attractive is a protruding belly. These preferences were measured not by poll but by measuring eye movement and brain wave activity. Notice that 50+ Brad Pitt is still 'cut' or 'ripped'.

So....for the older gents out there.....hit the gym. Eat right. Use good cleansers and face creams to minimize wrinkles. Avoid the aging sun. Do that and you maximize your chance of having a 20 year old get all hot and bothered over you into your Golden Years. Even if all these efforts fail in the quest for bedding the woman of your dreams, at the very least you'll be healthy and fit. As for young guys---get started now keeping yourself fit, because your urge to merge isn't going to ebb at 40.

Interesting, obviously have a fat wallet helps. The older guys in the west with younger wives or girlfriends are mostly rich, but they do take care of themselves.

20 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Tbh I've never really looked at his stuff, I get sent the odd link from friends. Things are changing in the bar scene in BKK, more sports bars and trendy bars like Oskar. What it will be like when these establishments reopen who knows, there will be changes for sure.

OK - well there are sure to be a few changes. Where one bar closes another opens. But there will always be willing 'participants' on the streets to offer tenderness and kindness (for a small fee). It is what it is. Actually, I don't drink that much so don't really like sitting in a bar with loud music blaring away and the prospect of this silly notion of bar fines and out of control prices.

Edited by Melbun

On 5/29/2020 at 6:30 PM, webfact said:

The black leather party masks that performers May and Som wear for their fetish shows in Bangkok are definitely not the sort to stop the coronavirus.

The reason I dislike this sort of thread is because of statements like that. The headline is about gogos and whatever May and Som do isn't the main part of a gogo show. It may titillate those never been near Patpong, but it's a false narrative, IMO.

The number of go-go bars in Patpong district has waned in recent years

Unless "recent" includes 20 years ago, that's rubbish. Many gogo bars closed way back and became bag shops. The decline in gogos, IMO, occurred as the horrid night market took over the soi, and patrons deserted it for more civilized venues such as Cowboy and Nana.

Nonetheless, Patpong's nightlife district employed thousands of people, mostly young women.

Again with the erroneous reporting. It employed thousands if taking into account everyone that worked there, but to say that multiple thousands were bargirls is a very long stretch.

"In the new normal, Patpong will have to adapt a lot. It may end up looking different, but this change will be for the better," Rungruang Kitpati said.

Kitpati has no more idea than anyone else what will happen.

Far as I'm concerned, Patpong had it's day over 20 years ago and just wasn't worth going to other than to remind myself why I didn't go there any more. IMO it was only the notoriety that attracted the ignorant tourist that kept it going.

If it dies, far as I'm concerned it won't be regretted.

It could end up like another famous nightlife street that died and was reborn as a place to eat and shop for tourist junk- Bugis Street.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

21 hours ago, Walker88 said:

At what age does a man become 'too old' to attract a 20 year old looking for a fit gene pool contribution?  45? 50? 60? It probably depends on---the man's gene pool and how well he has taken care of himself.

Jokin', right?

The only oldies I know of that had young hot women wanting to associate with their sagging bodies were either very rich, or powerful, or famous. Mick Jagger and Hugh Heffner come to mind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Jokin', right?

The only oldies I know of that had young hot women wanting to associate with their sagging bodies were either very rich, or powerful, or famous. Mick Jagger and Hugh Heffner come to mind.

Rod Stewart and also Duncan Bannatyne, but both rich and the women want their cash.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Jokin', right?

Well you are all partially right. But I tell you what. I'm of the older vintage and have looked after my body. Very little sun, have very fair skin (smooth as a baby's bum ), can pass as a 25 year old (if you bag my head) and a rigatoni that works fine without chemical assistance. Don't take any medication except for Vit D. Yes, it's about money - but if your body is good - all sins are overlooked by the girls.

1 minute ago, Melbun said:

Well you are all partially right. But I tell you what. I'm of the older vintage and have looked after my body. Very little sun, have very fair skin (smooth as a baby's bum ), can pass as a 25 year old (if you bag my head) and a rigatoni that works fine without chemical assistance. Don't take any medication except for Vit D. Yes, it's about money - but if your body is good - all sins are overlooked by the girls.

We'll have to differ on what motivates young women to want an old body next to them in the morning.

I agree that at it's very basic it's about reproduction, but in today's world of women power they can get pregnant by a rich old man to take care of the financial and then abandon him for a younger model. It's the money and or power/ fame that keeps them there IMO.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We'll have to differ on what motivates young women to want an old body next to them in the morning.

I agree that at it's very basic it's about reproduction, but in today's world of women power they can get pregnant by a rich old man to take care of the financial and then abandon him for a younger model. It's the money and or power/ fame that keeps them there IMO.

Yep, motivation is multivariate though. Such as laziness, wanting all that glitters, Iphones, nice clothes, not wanting to work in a factory for peanuts  - six days a week. The girls we are focused on, already have a husband/boyfriend with a hard body. Most guys are there as optional extras to assist with the above - in exchange for a little  'easy tenderness' - whilst laying on their backs. Nice resourceful girls !!

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't believe there's anything to 'keep them there' any more.

You're not likely to get more than a few years company from any woman these days, no matter what your ages are.

Especially in a country where sleeping with you for a while entitles them to half your assets.

Three years in your bed generally gets them half ...... so it's not in their financial interests to stay any longer.

Move on get a new guy with assets, stay another three years .............

• Like 2

A post with a link to the Stickboy site has been removed as well as the replies.  Links to Stickboy are not allowed on this site. 

Inflammatory posts, troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

Ahmm, I've heard PP was quite good in its day. King's corner had a V stage. LBs on left of V, girl girls on right side. I heard of a customer taking one of each. I saw, I mean heard of, a customer get relief while still in his bleacher seat in an upstairs bar. The momasan came running over.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:03 PM, Pilotman said:

Have you been to a Go Go lately? 2,000, will get you a couple of beers and a packet of nuts. 

Maybe a 'packet of nuts' is what floats his boat.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Rod Stewart and also Duncan Bannatyne, but both rich and the women want their cash.

bruce forsyth had a younger peurto rican wife before he popped off .and she bagged his 12 million assets and his kids got nothing

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 5:22 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

bruce forsyth had a younger peurto rican wife before he popped off .and she bagged his 12 million assets and his kids got nothing

It's amazing that some people think they know who Bruce should leave HIS money to.

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2020 at 5:22 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

Bruce is 'one of us'.

Why should his kids get anything?

My 'former' Brit kids will get nothing from me, it's all for my Thai son.

bruce.png

Edited by BritManToo