Cops helpless as illegal street-racers invade city

webfact

Cops helpless as illegal street-racers invade city

By The Nation

800_a1e8b680e459087.jpg?v=1590736778

A swarm of over 100 motorbikes modified to produce ear-splitting noise shattered the peace in Prachin Buri on Thursday, as riders used the city streets as their personal racetrack.

Alerted to the illegal racing by locals, police scrambled to put up checkpoints along the racers’ route in the city, 150 kilometres east of Bangkok. However, they only managed to nab 14 of the bikers after most of the gang melted into traffic.

The detained bikers were carted off to the police station where all were identified as minors below the age of 16. Officers notified their parents and let them go.

However, their motorcycles have been seized and are parked at the station, after police found that their mufflers had been modified so that noise from the exhaust pipes exceeded the legal limit.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388729

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-29

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, andre47 said:

Confiscate their bikes and hopefully they will learn.

Better yet, give them a place to race next to a night market and a hospital.  The night market provides adoring female fans and the hospital deals with bad judgement.

Thai police are underpaid and not good at policing.  It is better not to ask too much from them.  In fact, asking for help from the government is a bad idea too.  

9 hours ago, VBF said:

I thought Thai Police had guns?

Bikes have tyres........see where I'm going with this?

Have you ever fired a handgun? Have ever fired a handgun at a moving target? Have you ever been a police officer?  Do you know that you may loose control as to what or who the bullet may hit after being fired? Your comments reveals much. See where I am going with this?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Not only confiscate their bikes but have the parents and the  kids stand and watch as they are crushed and made to scrap metal.  

This is the problem with a country that allows 12-13 year olds to drive ride motorcycles.  

Anyone under the age of 16 should have the bike taken away and the parents charged.

It is soo easy to do just have plan clothes cops at the high schools every morning lol

“Cops at the high schools” sounds like more teenage pregnancies.

Let boys be boys. We all have been boys havent we ?

Make a safe place for the races, away from the public traffic. Here could the police help and do a good job, even there is not many tea money in that.

12 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

The kids are under 16, so it´s impossible that they have a driver license. I hope there will come a hefty fine for the parents that they allow the kids driving. But I guess nothing will happen. 

It can´t be so difficult to find them when the bikes are so loud.

As I understand it, a motorcycle licence can be obtained at 15 years of age here. Includes legally. ????

32 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Have you ever fired a handgun? Have ever fired a handgun at a moving target? Have you ever been a police officer?  Do you know that you may loose control as to what or who the bullet may hit after being fired? Your comments reveals much. See where I am going with this?

But, but it's so easy to hit a 2" wide moving tyre with a 9mm. I've seen it done in the movies so many times. Or they could try the Indiana Jones umbrella in the front wheel of the bike trick.

????

5 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

They drive recklessly and are a danger to themselves and other road users and pedestrians and they are also annoying , annoying people with the noise from their modified bikes  

Stop bleating gramps. If you don’t like it, move!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1