Easy recipe for diet - training

robblok

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Good recipe.

Also will help keep a person regular BM which is important to fight off weight gain.

I am always looking for minimum effort recipes.

I got that slow cooker from the Netherlands but i believe there are Thai brands available. Could not find brands that i recognized on lazada. 

But these slow cookers are useful to prepare a lot with minimum effort. Kinda like a fire and forget thing. Once done you can even freeze some of it.

• Like 1

I often bulk cook bolognese sauce or sweet potato, chick pea and lentil curry. Can get five or six portions out of them. Freeze and use as required.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you should overnight soak dried red kidney beans, then strain and use. I think its because it stops them causing 'gas'. 

Of course, you might not mind gassy beans. ????

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

I often bulk cook bolognese sauce or sweet potato, chick pea and lentil curry. Can get five or six portions out of them. Freeze and use as required.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you should overnight soak dried red kidney beans, then strain and use. I think its because it stops them causing 'gas'. 

Of course, you might not mind gassy beans. ????

I dont have much problem with gas (i mean i dont produce it much). So that is not a problem

Good idea.

and I like your skipping the potatoes, but would put some fresh chilies though that I like as I cook without using salt as long as I remember.
my favorite is the EH diet,

“Eat Half”: put half of what you would like on the plate.

Edited by KKr
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 1:33 PM, salsajapan said:

Thank you for your help !

But what is specific with a slow cooker ? why not a standard cooker set not too hot ?

Just recently started using slow cookers but they say that flavors are released better at a lower temperature for a longer period. I must say my chilly tastes better then ever. But i mainly bought the slow cooker as its a fire and forget thing. I mean no worries about something burning unlike with other methods. 

Cooking on low heat or temperature allows the food to maintain its nutrients and dangerous chemicals are not produced. Slow cooking also preserves the freshness and flavors of meals nicely. Your food does not overcook or burn.

Just something i read but for me the main part is the fire and forget thing.. put it all in and never worry about burning. 

On 6/2/2020 at 11:05 AM, KKr said:

Good idea.

and I like your skipping the potatoes, but would put some fresh chilies though that I like as I cook without using salt as long as I remember.
my favorite is the EH diet,

“Eat Half”: put half of what you would like on the plate.

I used to cook without salt, but the little bit of salt i now use does change the taste for the better. I also put in fresh chilies but that was not on the original recipe so i left it out. I also ad garlic.

• Like 1

If you want to make this a lot healthier, brown the mince first. Add some water to the cooked mince, the fat and all the gunk will float to the top of the water. Pour this away leaving you with much leaner, healthier meat.

A tablespoon of worcester sauce would also be a good idea. 

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 3:52 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Hi so how does that food look after taking out of the slow cooker ? Any photos? 

Probably much the same as it will look after it has passed though your body.   PML

• Haha 2

On 5/29/2020 at 4:28 PM, robblok said:

Ill make pictures next time.. but its not pretty to look at ????

Is part of a nice meal not the visual aspect...to me it is. Not your poncy Nouvelle Cuisine, but it's got to look appetising, not like s..t on plate.

2 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Is part of a nice meal not the visual aspect...to me it is. Not your poncy Nouvelle Cuisine, but it's got to look appetising, not like s..t on plate.

For me its all about how it tastes and its food values. I don't care much about looks. But to each his and her own. I mean how can anything that cooks beans look good. It will turn mushy a bit and does not give good visuals. 

• Like 1

Pictures of last nights batch. Lowest pic is of how it looked before 8 hours in the slowcooker. Middle one is how it looks mixed. SO not much to look at but good food.

2020-06-05 06.49.29 (Phone).jpg

2020-06-05 06.53.34 (Phone).jpg

2020-06-04 21.49.26 (Phone).jpg

Edited by robblok