Foreigners allowed to enter Thailand on case-by-case basis

webfact

1 hour ago, Wars said:

Where does it say it doesn't cover it? Are you illiterate? ????   https://www.worldnomads.com/usa/help/insurance/recent-events/coronavirus-faqs

You should read it carefully again maybe this one complex sentence threw you off "Unlike many other companies, World Nomads does not have an endemic or pandemic exclusion for policies purchased by U.S. residents." I underlined what you failed to understand. 

"Unlike many other companies, World Nomads does not have an endemic or pandemic exclusion for policies purchased by U.S. residents, which means that you may make claims arising from the COVID-19 for the benefits specified in your policy.

These benefits include emergency medical and trip interruption coverage for you personally or a travel companion who contracts the COVID-19 or goes under quarantine when traveling. They also include travel delay coverage should your scheduled transportation be set back for at least six hours for say, a border closing or travel ban that has been announced during your trip. Things you may get reimbursed for include doctors’ visits and hospital stays, and certain pre-paid travel arrangements that get disrupted as a result of the infection or the delay of your common carrier.

If you unexpectedly catch COVID-19 at home before you leave for your trip, you may also be eligible for trip cancellation coverage, which represents compensation for any pre-paid non-refundable travel expenses such as flights, hotels, and excursions." 

"World Nomads’ plans for U.S. residents do not have a cut-off date after which coverage related to COVID-19 is no longer available."

well two things one. thanks for being so patronising (like so many on here) and two. i'm not from the US!!... so no use to me at all mr patronising !!

Edited by paulikens
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, paulikens said:

so that doesnt cover covid 19 thanks for clearing that up???? 

1 hour ago, paulikens said:

well two things one. thanks for being so patronising (like so many on here) and two. i'm not from the US!!... so no use to me at all mr patronising !!

Just helping you read buddy, you hit back with some snarky remark first when you didn't even read the text. You seem to be having a hard time understanding the harder words so I simplified them for you. Hope you understand now ???? . So Worldnomads does cover Covid 19 for US citizens for $100,000. 

Edited by Wars

Not worth the trouble. I'll come back to Thailand when the old system is in place for westerns from developed countries; visa free for 60 days with no additional requirements beyond a return ticket and sufficient funds. Don't think I am alone in this opinion.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wars said:

Just helping you read buddy, you hit back with some snarky remark first when you didn't even read the text. You seem to be having a hard time understanding the harder words so I simplified them for you. Hope you understand now ???? . So Worldnomads does cover Covid 19 for US citizens for $100,000. 

yet again you're patronising me, yet another one on here with a superiority complex. i can read obviously as i said im NOT from the US so no good to me whatsoever.. jog on you melt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/31/2020 at 4:15 PM, Caine said:

There’s not an insurance company on the planet that insures against Pandemics, read the small print. 

Of course there is. Most of the O-A compliant policies would cover against pandemics. When I was in India in April ICICI Lombard were selling travel insurance policies covering covid19 up to $250K USD for about $60 for 2.5 months coverage. Whether they would pay or not is another question, but you can get the paper to board a flight.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, paulikens said:

what i don't get is this insurance that covers covid 19,no new insurance policy is going to cover you for covid 19. so do i presume that your only gonna get in if you have a insurance that you took out before all this happened.

The best choice for insurance is from a Thai Bank. Policies are cheaper than foreign Insurance who only want your money and not provide the benifits. The Thai insurances specify the amount of cover for hospitalisation per day. Some will even give you a lump sum if you are murdered.

6 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

The best choice for insurance is from a Thai Bank. Policies are cheaper than foreign Insurance who only want your money and not provide the benifits. The Thai insurances specify the amount of cover for hospitalisation per day. Some will even give you a lump sum if you are murdered.

In order to discuss insurance you first need to define your needs, and then look for schemes that meet those needs at a reasonable cost.

If you only need insurance for one specific purpose, e.g. to meet a border-entry requirement like covid, or to meet an IO requirement like for an O-A retirement extension, you should go for the dirt cheapest option (and every extra the policy provides should be considered a bonus).

The cheap thai bank provided insurance policies are in majority only covering accidents.

Important questions to address when considering an appropriate health-insurance policy are e.g.:

- In case of catastrophic accident, what coverage will be provided and would that be enough to cover the costs for the hospital of your choice;

- Is expensive repatriation covered, in case you want/need treatment in your home-country;

- When you have pre-existing conditions, what consequences do these have on your policy;

- Will the foreseen annual premiums make the policy still attractive in years to come;

- Etc. 

Apart from thai or international health-insurance policies, also travel-insurance valid all year (instead of short-term) might be an attractive option, especially if you need repatriation.

25 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Apart from thai or international health-insurance policies, also travel-insurance valid all year (instead of short-term) might be an attractive option, especially if you need repatriation.

I have looked into these policies in the UK. Offer annual insurance but limit the number of days you can be abroad during that period. Not suitable for someone permanently residing in Thailand.

52 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I have looked into these policies in the UK. Offer annual insurance but limit the number of days you can be abroad during that period. Not suitable for someone permanently residing in Thailand.

Yes, the large majority are limiting the consecutive days abroad (30, 60 or 180 days) and that's of course not an option when staying long-term in Thailand.  But there are also unlimited travel-insurance policies, and those are worth looking into.

13 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

but do they cover covid 19? also that will come in handy if i get murdered????

On 6/1/2020 at 7:47 PM, gearbox said:

Of course there is. Most of the O-A compliant policies would cover against pandemics. When I was in India in April ICICI Lombard were selling travel insurance policies covering covid19 up to $250K USD for about $60 for 2.5 months coverage. Whether they would pay or not is another question, but you can get the paper to board a flight.

This is the best post made on this thread..

On 6/1/2020 at 4:22 PM, paulikens said:

yet again you're patronising me, yet another one on here with a superiority complex. i can read obviously as i said im NOT from the US so no good to me whatsoever.. jog on you melt

All over priced robberys

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 9:50 AM, MikeyIdea said:

It simply means that they are prioritizing. Thai companies need their employees back first or all, many Thai permanent residents don't have residence abroad any longer, nearly all residents have families of course and are or have been paying taxes in Thailand for a long time (25 years in my case) . 

Same as they do when they repatriate Thais. Tourists first, then residents.

It's a logical order IMO 

Yes i do understand what you are thinking. It sure has its own logic and should be the one from this actual government to go with.

I agree this is A logical order. There is many other one logical order depend of your political choose. It would be very unrealistic to think that our thinking is the only one possible to go with (maybe more not respectful than unrealistic).

My wife also said actually many (to much) think is going to change there in Thailand... looks like a lot of Thai people themselves are not to much happy with some political choices.

Sure, it should also depend of social classification, area and cultural mind thinking (Krungtep Thai versus other Thai... tourists business owners only Thai versus majority of Thai workers, etc...).

But without any political thinking and objectively, people dead on the road is upper than people dead because of COVID-19. But COVID-19 is something looks like world wide preoccupation upper than national only interest. And also looks like it is very influential point for many if not any from bottom to top level citizen.

Human is a very influential body (i to).

Foreigners allowed in again … I think by now even  the Chinese can forget it maybe , as new virus outbreak in Beijin now approx. 50 cases on a ….market again ,many news stations bringing it 

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-53033071

2020-06-13_233003.png

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, shdmn said:

50 people in a city of over 20 million in a country of 1.5 billion is less than nothing.  If course there are going to be cases like this popping up from time to time.  Why even post this nothingburger of a story?

You think the corona started before straight with a mass....one has to be the first and then the multiplying factor starts ....

If it is nothing to worry ...you should not bother to comment ....worried you..?????

So i dont know why it was on the news ....as i follow your line ????

IMHO what is important in this "Beijing market outbreak" is not the fact that a new cluster can happen (we all know that it can and will happen in most countries!) but the way that China responded to it: quickly and strongly.

When i see how most the population of my country (France) seems to have forgot in just a few days everything about the virus and the Covid guidance rules, I am a lot of more worried on how my country would react in a similar case and about statistics coming in next weeks... ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stubuzz said:

I sent my official labour office invitation and job offer letter to the nearest Thai Embassy and they told me that foreigners are not allowed entry at this time.

Where was this?  Maybe there's no repatriation flights from there as there are reports (showing passport entry stamps) of expats returning.

23 hours ago, stubuzz said:

I sent my official labour office invitation and job offer letter to the nearest Thai Embassy and they told me that foreigners are not allowed entry at this time.

From Royal Thai Embassy in Germany:

Work-Permit-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Said it months ago, the 31st of July is the first chop, then what's left will be chopped up slowly, so all the pratts from last year talking about " Abiding by the law "and "Having sufficient savings", and those that can't jump through the "Hoops" should go home........  Well, suck it up fellahs, they're coming for you shortly..... 

The Thai people are ok, it's the pack of K*&^S at the top that are full on xenophobic half wits (Anutin and his cronies) who are now kissing the rear end of China in the hope they can lend some more money and sell a bit more country, even Cambodia's doing the same cr#p at the moment, maybe the same boss in charge ? 

I legged it last year to a country next door, got a job there and will be going back very shortly, sadly i don't think i'll be "Allowed" back into the country that i've lived in for thirty years, also sadly i know that western countries will not be treating Thais the same way...... So glad that i don't own a pot to pi&^ in here, because there's one thing i know about Thailand, you'll be leaving everything you can't pick up and run with......  Enjoy the hoops.........

• Like 2

On 6/15/2020 at 4:17 PM, stubuzz said:

Riyadh

Send them the pic from the post above yours.  You still won't get in if there's no flights but you'll be able to smile showing them they were wrong.

Edited by treetops

On 5/29/2020 at 6:54 PM, sungod said:

Do you think Thailand is the only country in the world with these restrictions,they are taking a phased approach or do you think the gates should just open tomorrow and left everyone in again?

I don't think the gates should ever have closed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Said it months ago, the 31st of July is the first chop, then what's left will be chopped up slowly, so all the pratts from last year talking about " Abiding by the law "and "Having sufficient savings", and those that can't jump through the "Hoops" should go home........  Well, suck it up fellahs, they're coming for you shortly..... 

The Thai people are ok, it's the pack of K*&^S at the top that are full on xenophobic half wits (Anutin and his cronies) who are now kissing the rear end of China in the hope they can lend some more money and sell a bit more country, even Cambodia's doing the same cr#p at the moment, maybe the same boss in charge ? 

I legged it last year to a country next door, got a job there and will be going back very shortly, sadly i don't think i'll be "Allowed" back into the country that i've lived in for thirty years, also sadly i know that western countries will not be treating Thais the same way...... So glad that i don't own a pot to pi&^ in here, because there's one thing i know about Thailand, you'll be leaving everything you can't pick up and run with......  Enjoy the hoops.........

Glad your not bitter.

If you moved to Vietnam then you definitely will miss Thailand. Beautiful country and nice people but doesn't have the same attraction as Thailand for me.

However, i totally agree that no one should own assets in Thailand or any other country.

You are a guest in a foreign country and some day your host may tell you it's time to go. Keep your assets in farang land.