Foreigners allowed to enter Thailand on case-by-case basis

webfact

14 minutes ago, fdbob said:

Google Roojai insurance in Thailand’s 450 - 650 baht one year

Not on the approved list , which immigration require .

Next ..

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, fdbob said:

Google Roojai insurance in Thailand’s 450 - 650 baht one year

Yes...but maximum payment is 1,000,000 Baht ( far from the 100,000 USD ) and it is payment to the beneficiary in case of death ...not the actual coverage of the medical expenses

4 hours ago, elliss said:

Not on the approved list , which immigration require .

Next ..

Would you be kind enough to provide the list ...if any of them covers the required amount ?

Thanks

• Like 2

15 hours ago, paulikens said:

what i don't get is this insurance that covers covid 19,no new insurance policy is going to cover you for covid 19. so do i presume that your only gonna get in if you have a insurance that you took out before all this happened.

For the money?  Not sure where you are located but I'm here in Thailand.  I think it was a number of months ago in the Bangkok post they listed a number of companies that was providing insurance for C-19 it was pretty much for 100,000 baht the price was pretty cheap.  I took the list and went to a number of the companies just days they had already stopped offering. I went to AXA which I carry insurance for a number of vehicles ( not on the list ) they offered a short term policy that does cover C-19 1500 baht with a 30 days waiting period. 

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's a pretty poor and misleading headline for this news report...

Considering that the news report ONLY deals with those holding work permits and some other vague permits to work from the Thai government.

And apparently doesn't deal at all with all the expats who are here on retirement or marriage, or are stranded abroad on retirement or marriage status.

Agree, very poor wording leaving lots of confusion.

7 hours ago, alyx said:

Yes...but maximum payment is 1,000,000 Baht ( far from the 100,000 USD ) and it is payment to the beneficiary in case of death ...not the actual coverage of the medical expenses

Would you be kind enough to provide the list ...if any of them covers the required amount ?

Thanks

Agree, would you please share a list or a web address for this subject. thanks.

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's a pretty poor and misleading headline for this news report...

Considering that the news report ONLY deals with those holding work permits and some other vague permits to work from the Thai government.

And apparently doesn't deal at all with all the expats who are here on retirement or marriage, or are stranded abroad on retirement or marriage status.

I think they would much rather you take your wife to farang land and never come back!

As for those on retirement extensions, you wait with bated breath for the screws to tighten

• Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

They must have health insurance and a health certificate, as well as bringing a well-filled brown envelope.

Bit of an omission in what is actually required, so I've fixed it for them.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, alyx said:

Thanks

Somchai's House of Insurance-Voted No.1 by Grandpa Falang on TVisa.....baht only +7% VAT tax no refunds.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fred110 said:

When the amnesty ends July 31 what will the border runners do?

I've mentioned many times that folk here on visa exempt need plan B if thinking just do border bounce for a 30 entry when borders open.

Some countries eg Thailand, Vietnam etc maybe not provide VE

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Somchai's House of Insurance-Voted No.1 by Grandpa Falang on TVisa.....baht only +7% VAT tax no refunds.

Thanks but do you have a link as nothing comes up when doing the search with there key words 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, treetops said:

WP holders can now apply to get on the repatriation flights, and there's still plenty of these.

Note it is not a Covid Free certificate but a Fit to Fly one.

Repatriation flights from Sri Lanka to Thailand? Haven’t seen one yet buddy!

17 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

2 pieces of A4 paper with 2000bt inside -placed in said brown envelope, no other colors allowed, solly

Are the people not able to pay this measly amount? If so, they won't be allowed into the country.

I have a friend who is arranging for his Thai wife to leave Thailand and move to another country , one which he can visit when he is not working his shifts. Because Thailand is refusing to accept  is application despite bringing up three children and been married for over 20 years . The only home he has is in Thailand, now even that is curtailed by idiotic government restrictions. They were about to move to a new house ( currently renting, so apart from furniture, lose nothing else . H states Embassy officals and even the Thai local Officials do not care  . His wife has had enough so probablymoving to aos or even to another continent . 

15 hours ago, Berti said:

Everyone who pays for his/her 14 day quarantine should be allowed to enter.

Tell me any counter-argument (which is non-racist and non-"grumpy old man who loves lockdowns").

Right. And without the need for fit-to-fly <deleted> or “covid” insurance. If I can get to the airport I’m fit to fly, and “covid” insurance doesn’t exist!

13 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

I have a friend who is arranging for his Thai wife to leave Thailand and move to another country , one which he can visit when he is not working his shifts. Because Thailand is refusing to accept  is application despite bringing up three children and been married for over 20 years . The only home he has is in Thailand, now even that is curtailed by idiotic government restrictions. They were about to move to a new house ( currently renting, so apart from furniture, lose nothing else . H states Embassy officals and even the Thai local Officials do not care  . His wife has had enough so probablymoving to aos or even to another continent .

You write that your friend is married to a thai national.

In that case the easiest way to stay long-term IO-hassle free in Thailand, is to apply for a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa at the thai consulates in Savannakhet, HoChiMinh City or Penang.

It's an easy application process (apply morning day 1 and get your passport with the Visa next day) and it basically only requires that you show you are married to a thai national, and NO financials required (except the 5.000 THB Visa fee).

That 1-year Visa provides you with a 90-day permission to stay on entry, at the end of which you need to exit Thailand (a simple border-run will do, which will provide you once again with a 90-day permission to stay) or apply for a 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.

When timed right that Visa can provide you with 17-months IO-hassle free stay in Thailand, with NO need to park money on a thai bank-account, NO need for 90-day reports, NO need for re-entry permits and NO need having to deal with local thai IO for a 1-year marriage extension and all the associated hoops. 

• Confused 1

I dont know how it works in other countries but in the UK insurers look at what the advice is from the foriegn office about travelling to a certain country. At the moment they are advising against travel to all countries. By definition this means that insurance companies will not insure you for a trip let alone Covid 19. The only option for anyone with a work permit will be to take out insurance with a Thai company at a cost.

• Like 1

https://th.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u-s-embassy-bangkok-thailand-may-29-2020/

I called the Thai Embassy in Washington they had no clue what this was even about. They said to leave my number and they would ring me back sometime next week once they had more info. Because they said they heard nothing about it. They transferred me a few times as well but no one has heard about this until I found the article for them. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

In that case the easiest way to stay long-term IO-hassle free in Thailand, is to apply for a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa at the thai consulates in Savannakhet, HoChiMinh City or Penang.

It's an easy application process (apply morning day 1 and get your passport with the Visa next day) and it basically only requires that you show you are married to a thai national, and NO financials required (except the 5.000 THB Visa fee).

That 1-year Visa provides you with a 90-day permission to stay on entry, at the end of which you need to exit Thailand (a simple border-run will do, which will provide you once again with a 90-day permission to stay) or apply for a 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.

When timed right that Visa can provide you with 17-months IO-hassle free stay in Thailand, with NO need to park money on a thai bank-account, NO need for 90-day reports, NO need for re-entry permits and NO need having to deal with local thai IO for a 1-year marriage extension and all the associated hoops. 

This sounds interesting, would liberate the 800K tied up for retirement visa.

Many thanks

• Like 1

19 hours ago, taninthai said:

Get all that and still a bit difficult to enter as flight ban is still operating....lol

Guess they never thought of that. Maybe they can get on a Thai Repratriation Flight? How are Thai Nationals coming in?