Foreigners allowed to enter Thailand on case-by-case basis

webfact

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The Hub of "hoops to jump thru" ! 

Make it difficult enough and they may not bother seems to now be the standard op procedure.

No problem if the Khaosan Road is open!! Pre-order your health certificates from there!!????????????????????????????????

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, hackjam said:

This sounds interesting, would liberate the 800K tied up for retirement visa.

Many thanks

Hi,

Obviously you need to be married to a thai national in order to apply for the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa. 

At the thai consulate in Savannakhet you can also apply for the 1-year MultiEntry Non Imm O - retirement Visa.  To apply you need to show 800K on a bank-account (can be a foreign bank-account) or proof of monthly-income of 65K.  However, the source of the income needs to be from pension, so a pension-statement is required in order to be eligible for that 1-year ME Non Imm O retirement Visa.  If your pension-statement is less than 65K monthly, the combination method is also accepted (e.g. you would have to show 200K on a bank-account if your pension only amounted to 600K annually).

>> I did PM you some additional and practical information on how to apply for the 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage Visa

• Like 2

Said it ages ago, you can jump through as many hoops as you want, you're not wanted here and these lot are going to do their level best to get rid you ....... The new owners don't cotton to westerners...... Let's hope HK kicks off and China kicks the S^%$ out of them then Trump can Vaporize China........ Thailand will do what it's always done and lay down........    Thailand better watch what it's doing with China, this will be remembered later...... They got away last time very lightly with the Japanese...... This time i don't think so..... 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Eligible foreign nationals are invited to submit applications at Thai Embassies in their countries. They must have health insurance and a health certificate. They will also be subject to 14- quarantine on entry to Thailand, either in a state facility or in a private facility at their own cost.

Incredulous !!

27 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi,

Obviously you need to be married to a thai national in order to apply for the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa. 

At the thai consulate in Savannakhet you can also apply for the 1-year MultiEntry Non Imm O - retirement Visa.  To apply you need to show 800K on a bank-account (can be a foreign bank-account) or proof of monthly-income of 65K.  However, the source of the income needs to be from pension, so a pension-statement is required in order to be eligible for that 1-year ME Non Imm O retirement Visa.  If your pension-statement is less than 65K monthly, the combination method is also accepted (e.g. you would have to show 200K on a bank-account if your pension only amounted to 600K annually).

>> I did PM you some additional and practical information on how to apply for the 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage Visa

Im married to a Thai and work outside Thailand I want to see whats going to happen with this quarantine 14 days thats my vacation time sitting in a hotel room

18 hours ago, JCP108 said:

A distressing situation for me. I have an extension based on retirement. Married to a Thai here. As soon as travel is doable between here and the U.S., I must return to deal with some family stuff. At that point, looks like I will be stuck there. Getting wife there looks like a <deleted> show with the current crisis and U.S. administration. 

You can fly to the US now and always have been able too. Not sure what's keeping you back . I just got here a couple weeks ago. My problem like yours is going to be getting back to my condo.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Good luck getting a "health certificate" if you are coming from the United States.

My wife is stuck in the U.K. she cannot get either of the requirements and on top of that there are no flights from the U.K. it’s now 4 months since she has been gone if nothing changes by September then I will bring the shutters down on our property and return to the U.K. for the forceable future . Even when normality returns if they insist on Insurance which must clearly mention cover for the virus as well as a medical certificate 72 hours before flying I can see the Thai tourist industry dying a painful death until they wake up and relax the requirements 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

I dont know how it works in other countries but in the UK insurers look at what the advice is from the foriegn office about travelling to a certain country. At the moment they are advising against travel to all countries. By definition this means that insurance companies will not insure you for a trip let alone Covid 19. The only option for anyone with a work permit will be to take out insurance with a Thai company at a cost.

I have an insurance with a Thai company it is specifically for Covid trouble is the maximum amount is 100,000 baht for medical treatment and not much more for death . The Thai government want us to have $100,000 $$$$ not 100,000 baht. Can you imagine come August if the borders open foreigners fleeing to neighbouring countries to renew visas only to be denied entry back into Thailand due to not having the new requirements what a way to get rid of all those foreigners who contribute to the Thai economy

Based on this report, it looks like most will be required to have an expensive health insurance policy, as many have pandemic exceptions, and those without, at this point in time will be costly. And one will need a Covid free letter, which is impossible to get in the US, and some other nations. As I suggested earlier, a smart nation or two, may step up as a "covid free letter nation", stimulating a profitable cottage industry in testing and letters. As an American, I doubt I will be able to travel anywhere without one, unless I was coming directly from Thailand.

We are the most radioactive people on earth, right now. 

• Like 2

When everything is left up to the man with the gun.

Forget humanitarian issues and common sense. 

The Thai authorities view most farang as sex tourists. Such is the legacy of those that are. 

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.png

Edited by TechnikaIII
Vocabulary - change

20 hours ago, poohy said:

i am pretty desperate to leave back to Uk( things to do people to see..so dont be nosey )

flight changed from April to early September

Confident i can fly out without any issue 

Uk will probably drop quarantine by then, if not i am sure i can be worked around i doubt even you would be checked

Big problems is the return (Dec /Jan ish) here with this bunch of "cluckwits" running the show and whatever "requirements they will dream up.

I have feeling the same cosy easy rules that apply to any returning  tourists will not be extended to a returning expat .and it could prove tiresome and expensive

Seriously might be time to just make here a holiday home for a fews months a year so i am looking at shipping dogs back and let the mrs(who would never leave her daughters an grand kids) fend for herself for a while

You need to speak with the UN WHO they are the ones WHO are running the show globally ! 

The wheels of incompetence spinning like a Ferrari on steriods. 

Vietnam make these people look like fools. Soon Thailand will be burned globally and they will regret it. You better employ super election riggers next robbery.

Edited by tomauasia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

OK, they can do with their country what they want. Needless to say, that they might let in aliens on a case-by-case basis. For sure is, that many of those in the land will be leaving with oneway tickets once the borders are open again. 

Work permit = your health pass and teflon shield to fight health issues ..... family has to stay away as not work permit protected ???? 

Is there anyone left with some common sense at all? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mmm, a few things I take away from this..it gives no indication of timescales ie when this kicks in, nor does it say, if it does kick in, how long will these requirements last for? And of course no guidelines on folk holding extensions, non O's etc. Also, what about visa runs, how would one needing to do a visa run get over this, and to tie in with all of the above when will we know if the July 31st waiver ends then or is increased further?? 

In summary, way too vague etc, so will have to wait for further info.

"14 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:
In that case the easiest way to stay long-term IO-hassle free in Thailand, is to apply for a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa at the thai consulates in Savannakhet, HoChiMinh City or Penang."

That's what I did last year. However, how would you get back into Thailand from HCMC? Coved19 test? $100k insurance cover?

20 minutes ago, falang1969 said:

"14 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:
In that case the easiest way to stay long-term IO-hassle free in Thailand, is to apply for a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa at the thai consulates in Savannakhet, HoChiMinh City or Penang."

That's what I did last year. However, how would you get back into Thailand from HCMC? Coved19 test? $100k insurance cover?

Yes, with the borders closed not possible now.  But hopefully in a couple of weeks/months there will be a return to normality.

Very simple message from Thailand. Foreign tourists are still not welcome. Only the ones with absolute necessity to enter Thailand would be willing to go through all the obstacles in order to be granted entry into a country.