Foreigners allowed to enter Thailand on case-by-case basis

webfact

21 hours ago, poohy said:

i am pretty desperate to leave back to Uk( things to do people to see..so dont be nosey )

flight changed from April to early September

Confident i can fly out without any issue 

Uk will probably drop quarantine by then, if not i am sure i can be worked around i doubt even you would be checked

Big problems is the return (Dec /Jan ish) here with this bunch of "cluckwits" running the show and whatever "requirements they will dream up.

I have feeling the same cosy easy rules that apply to any returning  tourists will not be extended to a returning expat .and it could prove tiresome and expensive

Seriously might be time to just make here a holiday home for a fews months a year so i am looking at shipping dogs back and let the mrs(who would never leave her daughters an grand kids) fend for herself for a while

With that level of English are you from Bilston,per chance? ???? 

21 hours ago, poohy said:

i am pretty desperate to leave back to Uk( things to do people to see..so dont be nosey )

flight changed from April to early September

Confident i can fly out without any issue 

Uk will probably drop quarantine by then, if not i am sure i can be worked around i doubt even you would be checked

Big problems is the return (Dec /Jan ish) here with this bunch of "cluckwits" running the show and whatever "requirements they will dream up.

I have feeling the same cosy easy rules that apply to any returning  tourists will not be extended to a returning expat .and it could prove tiresome and expensive

Seriously might be time to just make here a holiday home for a fews months a year so i am looking at shipping dogs back and let the mrs(who would never leave her daughters an grand kids) fend for herself for a while

As far as I'm aware quarantine in the UK would be self quarantine if you have an address to give otherwise it's a hotel at your expense . Lots of flights leaving Suvarnabhumi every sunday to the UK with Eva I think the airlines called . So if desperate this would be a no brainer . You could use the refunded ticket to come back when all your business is sorted . 

3 hours ago, maddermax said:

Question is, as a retired resident of Thailand with a resident's ID card, would I be allowed to re-enter Thailand and not have to undergo the quarantine period if I have to travel overseas?

No luck for us. The period up to 30 June is only for Thais and WPs, most WPs, can't be accommodated. Next phase is 1 July onwards but we must contact the embassy, they'll forward the info to Thailand where they will decide the order. WPs will go first, Thai companies want their employees back. 

Quarantine in approved hotel and 100,000 dollar insurance will be obligatory for a long time I think. Quarantine in own house is hardly going to be allowed as hotels are empty now and that business is bleeding. People from low risk countries should be able to get in faster but no idea when that will happen. Don't know if it will apply to only nationals of that country either

Edited by MikeyIdea

1 minute ago, MikeyIdea said:

Quarantine in approved hotel and 100,000 dollar insurance will be obligatory.

That is the current situation for WP holders, along with a couple of other requirements, but nothing has been published to my knowledge for any other groups.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sungod said:

Do you think Thailand is the only country in the world with these restrictions,they are taking a phased approach or do you think the gates should just open tomorrow and left everyone in again?

Do you know of any other countries that are preventing the return of those that are normally resident with wives and children there and the appropriate visa? Particularly where they are prepared to fund the cost of their own quarantine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Macthehat said:

As far as I'm aware quarantine in the UK would be self quarantine if you have an address to give otherwise it's a hotel at your expense . Lots of flights leaving Suvarnabhumi every sunday to the UK with Eva I think the airlines called . So if desperate this would be a no brainer . You could use the refunded ticket to come back when all your business is sorted . 

Yes self quarantine, which is monitored. Not heard about hotels being an option. However if your name's Dominic Cummings you can do what the <deleted> you like.

I am in the situation where I need to return to the UK. THe problem for me isn't getting to the UK but getting back into Thailand when I return.

• Like 1

Hmm.... it’s almost like they don’t want us farangs (read “aliens” )in Thailand innit ? It’s been quite rightly asserted that the writing has been on the wall about this for some time..... pity about tourism collapsing completely though... som nom na?

19 minutes ago, treetops said:

That is the current situation for WP holders, along with a couple of other requirements, but nothing has been published to my knowledge for any other groups.

Correct. I just don't think they will drop insurance anytime soon. Same with quarantine in hotels. Hotels benefit from it so why drop it? It's be long after the last WP and resident have returned. 

Thais deciding this are smart, not stupid. They know that August is a gonner and September to November is low season. 

Edited by MikeyIdea

Looks like a light at the end of a tunnel, however, being aware that after trial and error the one or other precondition may change i will wait a little while and then decide about the next step and whether I will go back to work or not.

5 hours ago, thailand49 said:

For the money?  Not sure where you are located but I'm here in Thailand.  I think it was a number of months ago in the Bangkok post they listed a number of companies that was providing insurance for C-19 it was pretty much for 100,000 baht the price was pretty cheap.  I took the list and went to a number of the companies just days they had already stopped offering. I went to AXA which I carry insurance for a number of vehicles ( not on the list ) they offered a short term policy that does cover C-19 1500 baht with a 30 days waiting period. 

no im not in thailand in the uk you cannot get a insurance policy that covers you for covid 19,and you are talking before covid 19 which was my point you cannot cover insurance now that will do it.

I hope for Thailand to not becoming soon a kind of low value country by business only obsession. I really hope for humans and specifically Thai people, to not loose there families values and not become racist (the people will not, but they doesn't decide...), because if they choose this way, they will loose all the good fareng (the one they seems to not see or doesn't care about) and will have to make with the crazyest business ones (we all know for there mental leakage and to be sociopath) for... just a little money back.

When we are married, we are the same family, we assist our family the same, so why, in acts, Thailand gouvernment is answering by business permit and resident card flavor prior to families values... what does it mean ?

23 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

When we are married, we are the same family, we assist our family the same, so why, in acts, Thailand gouvernment is answering by business permit and resident card flavor prior to families values... what does it mean ?

It simply means that they are prioritizing. Thai companies need their employees back first or all, many Thai permanent residents don't have residence abroad any longer, nearly all residents have families of course and are or have been paying taxes in Thailand for a long time (25 years in my case) . 

Same as they do when they repatriate Thais. Tourists first, then residents.

It's a logical order IMO 

Edited by MikeyIdea

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners allowed to enter Thailand on case-by-case basis

Headline should read:

Foreign Ministry's deputy spokesman Natapanu Nopakun explains the process that Thailand will implement to destroy future tourism.

(Anecdotally it can be viewed as the same process that Thailand is now using to destroy the sanctity of marriages between foreigners and Thai nationals when the Thai wife would prefer to live and raise children and create the family on Thai soil.  Very simply, the government has found a way to keep married foreign men from reuniting with the wife and children.) 

???? "Wonder what happens when Dad stops sending money?  Humm" ????

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

I really hope for humans and specifically Thai people, to not loose there families values and not become racist

'...become racist"

Haven't lived here long 'eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems like Xpats without work permit down the line, followed lastly by tourists.

Which all who are locked out and anyone who is even vaguely considering a future move to Thailand for any reason.

Priority:
Those employed in Thailand
Those with PR (a handful)
Tourist - Note!!! Non-O (Marriage/Support of child/Retirement) are Tourists!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, treetops said:

WP holders can now apply to get on the repatriation flights, and there's still plenty of these.

Note it is not a Covid Free certificate but a Fit to Fly one.

But the required insurance coverage is to stipulate the covid19 cover to $100,000 usd.

Since January 23 almost every insurance company has removed pandemic from its wording. 

I still say that the simplest way is for the Thailand government to offer insurance coverage. 

Its a no brainer...

They put airport taxes etc onto the ticket price. 

Why not incorporate travel insurance coverage too?

Perhaps its too simple !!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

But the required insurance coverage is to stipulate the covid19 cover to $100,000 usd.

Since January 23 almost every insurance company has removed pandemic from its wording. 

I still say that the simplest way is for the Thailand government to offer insurance coverage. 

Its a no brainer...

They put airport taxes etc onto the ticket price. 

Why not incorporate travel insurance coverage too?

Perhaps its too simple !!

Not sure why you quoted me as neither my post or the two I quoted were discussing insurance, but I agree Covid insurance cover will bring along its own problems.

41 minutes ago, connda said:

Priority:
Those employed in Thailand
Those with PR (a handful)
Tourist - Note!!! Non-O (Marriage/Support of child/Retirement) are Tourists!

Think that's a bit rich. Thai clearly see a difference between Xpats on annual extensions and those that visit Thailand on VE or tourist visa. The various requirements are very different. I never get asked at airports what am I doing in Thailand as I have annual extension and reentry permit. Granted all of us are on "permission of stay".

While I feel for the guys currently locked out of Thailand, this is unprecedented times.

If I was in Oz right now and had a Thai wife she would not be able to enter Australia.

UK mate has Thai wife and every time she visits UK she needs obtain a visa.

It's not just Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

Do you know of any other countries that are preventing the return of those that are normally resident with wives and children there and the appropriate visa? Particularly where they are prepared to fund the cost of their own quarantine.

The current flights are repatriation.

Once all repatriations have been done then they will look at the expats and defacto and married people who are separated.

Evidently there was a flight of 240 thai people from Australia yesterday. 

They kept it pretty quiet. 

How rude not to offer me a seat on it. lol.

I could have used the Thai Airways credit voucher (that im still waiting to hear more about)

8 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Evidently there was a flight of 240 thai people from Australia yesterday. 

Lot more than the zero entries into Queensland where the dip stick Premier has barred all entries from states of AU such as Vic and NSW. Along with statement " Victoria will need 0 case per day for one month for her to open borders.

Not all beer and Skittles outside of Thailand.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, paulikens said:

no im not in thailand in the uk you cannot get a insurance policy that covers you for covid 19,and you are talking before covid 19 which was my point you cannot cover insurance now that will do it.

You are reading but failing to comprehend what was written!  I'm not talking before Covid 19!  think before you speak why would anyone be selling Covid 19 insurance prior if they knew they should also have a vaccine now!

As I noted there were a number of insurance company here in Thailand selling Covid 19 AFTER!  I got one AFTER with AXA for 1500 baht, but there is a waiting period of 30 days before coverage! 

There are a number of companies or brokers advertising on Facebook, here is one I just pull out for you!

FINDMEEXPATINSURANCE.COM  They currently advertise insurance for Covid 19,  although you are in UK, you might be able to buy it online and they can forward you the police online print it out there you go!  if so, you are covered the hardest part is getting a updated medical certification! 

Good luck!

Edited by thailand49

23 hours ago, paulikens said:

what i don't get is this insurance that covers covid 19,no new insurance policy is going to cover you for covid 19. so do i presume that your only gonna get in if you have a insurance that you took out before all this happened.

You can get travel insurance IF your home country doesn't have Thailand on their travel warning list they will pay. This is what I was told by my insurance company.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 3:54 AM, JCP108 said:

Good luck getting a "health certificate" if you are coming from the United States.

why?...see your doctor and get one if you're good

I feel for families who are being kept apart by this current situation.

I see so much Thai bashing on this site - but the rules here in Oz are not much different. Australian nationals need to apply for permission to leave our country - our Government has banned us from leaving ! In effect we are prisoners in our country - but this is typical behaviour in our ‘nanny state’ here.

You cannot get travel insurance to cover you for Covid19, but for the right price health insurance that covers for Covid19 (and any other illness/accident) was not difficult to get. I took out a policy with Regency - and they happily gave me all of the certificates I required to keep the Thai authorities happy.

On 5/29/2020 at 2:54 PM, JCP108 said:

Good luck getting a "health certificate" if you are coming from the United States.

Well, I had guys working for me in Florida who would go to a walk-in clinic; and, pay $10 to get a day off. I would imagine those same clinics would willingly hand out health certificates.  

31 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I see so much Thai bashing on this site - but the rules here in Oz are not much different. Australian nationals need to apply for permission to leave our country - our Government has banned us from leaving !

On March 18 the Oz PM announced no au citizen should exit Australia. Prior to that announced all citizens etc should return asap to AU. On March 20 au closed entry to AU for non citizens and residents etc.

Point is after March 18 announcement 16,000 Australians left au. Granted some live o/s.