Foreigners allowed to enter Thailand on case-by-case basis

webfact

18 hours ago, dallen52 said:

But the required insurance coverage is to stipulate the covid19 cover to $100,000 usd.

Since January 23 almost every insurance company has removed pandemic from its wording. 

I agree with what you are saying, however I have been looking into this. For example the UK government are advising against foreign travel. This basically means that travel insurance is unobtainable at this time until this advice changes. When it does as you correctly stated every insurance company have removed pandemic from its wording. However importantly this is only for general exclusions such as cancellation etc. For Medical and Emergency they are realistic and state that as the virus will still be around for a while, it will still be covered under this section. Have a look I think you will see I am right.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jimn said:

Yes I have same insurance as you from Roojai. Agree $100,000 is a crazy requirement even if people can get it, the price will be expensive

$100,000 is not crazy an amount if you're in a private hospital here for any amount of time, a fried of mine was in ICU for one night, they did loads of tests on him coz they had no idea what was happening ( he had two fits ), cost was 150K THB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

$100,000 is not crazy an amount if you're in a private hospital here for any amount of time, a fried of mine was in ICU for one night, they did loads of tests on him coz they had no idea what was happening ( he had two fits ), cost was 150K THB.

The 100,000 usd was specifically for the covid19. 

Interesting reading a little while back, where the thai government had said that private hospitals were not allowed to charge for covid19 treatment. 

The account should be referred to the government for payment. 

So in other words, if you can't get public hospital treatment, the private hospitals are not allowed to gouge you, or your insurance policy. 

(I should have kept the information)

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Lot more than the zero entries into Queensland where the dip stick Premier has barred all entries from states of AU such as Vic and NSW. Along with statement " Victoria will need 0 case per day for one month for her to open borders.

Not all beer and Skittles outside of Thailand.

True.

I'm stuck in Victoria. 

Agree with Daniel Andrew's stand.

But some silly interstate and border controls. (Queensland will be challenged for sure, because you will be flying internationally before you can cross the domestic borders)

Suppose non of us were ready for this..

I still think that any country that doesn't jump onboard and get travel going (with precautions obviously) is stalling the recovery process. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Well firstly $100000 is roughly 3.2 million baht. Not 150k baht. Secondly a friend of mine was in hospital with the virus for 14 days and his bill was just over 100,000 baht.

3 minutes ago, jimn said:

Well firstly $100000 is roughly 3.2 million baht. Not 150k baht. Secondly a friend of mine was in hospital with the virus for 14 days and his bill was just over 100,000 baht.

I may be wrong about this, but im sure I saw earlier that the government had said private hospitals were not allowed to charge for the covid19 treatment and they were to send the account to the government. 

If public hospital treatment is not available. 

I did look and Roojaa is offering 2 levels of cover for covid19 specific. 

500,000 and 1 million baht. 

Not usd $

So both are under the stipulation of $100,000 usd.

AXA is also issuing cover. 

35 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Interesting reading a little while back, where the thai government had said that private hospitals were not allowed to charge for covid19 treatment. 

So in other words, if you can't get public hospital treatment, the private hospitals are not allowed to gouge you, or your insurance policy. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1893690/hospitals-warned-not-to-bill-for-covid-19-care

Found it..????

19 minutes ago, jimn said:

Well firstly, if there's underlying conditions that complicate things it may be more than one night - duh!

Secondly i'm glad your friend is ok.

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2020 at 4:24 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

I think a lot of expats, much like yourself, will be quite rightly reassessing their long term plans based on what has happened and what may happen. I know a few of my friends are. 

It is quite clear to me that if you don't have a work permit or PR you are on a shoogly peg. 

Can't say I am surprised as the writing has been on the wall for a while now though with immigration purges on overstayers, good guys in bad guys out, biometrics, immigration smart cars, door to door visits and general tightening of the rules.

Long overdue as far as I am concerned the people you refer to above only cause problems for the majority who stay here long term and comply with the law.

A prime example being the embassy letters relating to annual income for retirement extensions/ marriage visas.

Individuals make false declarations, and I know of three who openly bragged, about doing this, then a convenient process is stopped.

From the experience of myself and several expat friends we don’t have any concerns.

41 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Yes, when i was working in Vietnam, about 2009 ish, one of the guys i worked with got SARS, the company provided private medical coverage at the time but as it was classed as a government controlled disease he had to stay in a public hospital.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Long overdue as far as I am concerned the people you refer to above only cause problems for the majority who stay here long term and comply with the law.

A prime example being the embassy letters relating to annual income for retirement extensions/ marriage visas.

Individuals make false declarations, and I know of three who openly bragged, about doing this, then a convenient process is stopped.

From the experience of myself and several expat friends we don’t have any concerns.

I agree, if you have all your ducks in a row and just go about your life minding your own business, no one will bother you here.

That's been my experience anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I am under the impression this applies to Thais only. I see nothing in your link to contradict that.

I read through the online comments section and its pretty ambiguous. 

Have to agree.

The headlines grab your attention but read on and its saying that some private hospitals were declining to honour. 

And the government also saying that if you have private insurance to use this firstly..

Once again,  just words on paper

14 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

I read through the online comments section and its pretty ambiguous.

I don't take note of online comments just as I take all posts on TV with a pinch of salt. I have seen no official government announcement that could be read as foreigners included in the scheme.

what i wanna know is how they gonna know if your insurance covers covid 19 and covers the required amount? are they gonna check each insurance company and what it covers exactly? will be time consuming surely or are they just gonna want you to prove you have insurance and show the documents they you have got insurance.

1 hour ago, paulikens said:

what i wanna know is how they gonna know if your insurance covers covid 19 and covers the required amount? are they gonna check each insurance company and what it covers exactly? will be time consuming surely or are they just gonna want you to prove you have insurance and show the documents they you have got insurance.

I think the plan is for you to get an entry certificate at the Thai embassy in your own country and documents will be checked as part of the process. My confusion lies with the "fit to fly" certificate. Normally pretty standard after a brief examination from a doctor to say that you are fit enough to endure the flight. Temperature; listen to your chest and a few questions. Takes around 20 minutes. I wouldn't expect it to include a test for Covid-19. However, the government seem to think it does.

• Confused 1

On 5/30/2020 at 2:26 PM, nchuckle said:

Do you know of any other countries that are preventing the return of those that are normally resident with wives and children there and the appropriate visa? Particularly where they are prepared to fund the cost of their own quarantine.

Yes. Same issue at the canada us border. Family is classified as non essential. There were cases of people missing the birth of their child just across the river.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, paulikens said:

You get a separate document from the insurance company that states you're covered for CV-19.

1 hour ago, brucec64 said:

Yes. Same issue at the canada us border. Family is classified as non essential. There were cases of people missing the birth of their child just across the river.

Can you clarify who was stopped at which border with which nationality? Is this a Canadian trying to get into Canada or the other way around?

On 5/30/2020 at 9:33 AM, ChakaKhan said:

2 pieces of A4 paper with 2000bt inside -placed in said brown envelope, no other colors allowed, solly

2 blank pieces of A4 with 2000 bt , and not forgetting the wai .

Thai culture ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, paulikens said:

so that doesnt cover covid 19 thanks for clearing that up???? 

Where does it say it doesn't cover it? Are you illiterate? ????   https://www.worldnomads.com/usa/help/insurance/recent-events/coronavirus-faqs

You should read it carefully again maybe this one complex sentence threw you off "Unlike many other companies, World Nomads does not have an endemic or pandemic exclusion for policies purchased by U.S. residents." I underlined what you failed to understand. 

"Unlike many other companies, World Nomads does not have an endemic or pandemic exclusion for policies purchased by U.S. residents, which means that you may make claims arising from the COVID-19 for the benefits specified in your policy.

These benefits include emergency medical and trip interruption coverage for you personally or a travel companion who contracts the COVID-19 or goes under quarantine when traveling. They also include travel delay coverage should your scheduled transportation be set back for at least six hours for say, a border closing or travel ban that has been announced during your trip. Things you may get reimbursed for include doctors’ visits and hospital stays, and certain pre-paid travel arrangements that get disrupted as a result of the infection or the delay of your common carrier.

If you unexpectedly catch COVID-19 at home before you leave for your trip, you may also be eligible for trip cancellation coverage, which represents compensation for any pre-paid non-refundable travel expenses such as flights, hotels, and excursions." 

"World Nomads’ plans for U.S. residents do not have a cut-off date after which coverage related to COVID-19 is no longer available."

Edited by Wars
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2020 at 8:39 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Nonsense.

The Thais have dealt with the situation admirably.

Incompetence? Look to the UK and USA.

LOL fake numbers how long you been her a day. And they have destroyed the economy with there heavy hands. You know 0

Edited by tomauasia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I think the plan is for you to get an entry certificate at the Thai embassy in your own country and documents will be checked as part of the process. My confusion lies with the "fit to fly" certificate. Normally pretty standard after a brief examination from a doctor to say that you are fit enough to endure the flight. Temperature; listen to your chest and a few questions. Takes around 20 minutes. I wouldn't expect it to include a test for Covid-19. However, the government seem to think it does.

exactly what i thought there is confusion on which cert you need,is a fit to fly or a covid free cert?