Third phase of easing of lockdown starts on June 1

webfact

16 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Will buses be running in June?  I mean buses that go across the country and do not originate in BKK or CM?

I hear "sex massage" shops are not open, but I see nothing on buses.

lol.  

Inter province buses are already running.

You can get a 'massage' if you want one.

52 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Bangkok hotels?  I need to stay a couple nights to visit BNH hospital for checkups.

Most are open. 

Some are still closed because they used the opportunity to do some renovations... 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

People need to log-in via ThaiChana platform before doing any activities

This is so hit and miss because it is left to the discretion of the individual. There is no one that enforces you to use this.

17 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Will buses be running in June?  I mean buses that go across the country and do not originate in BKK or CM?

I hear "sex massage" shops are not open, but I see nothing on buses.

lol.  

I think you've just come up with a winning business idea "sex massage buses".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In spite of so-called easings, there are now so many regulations that I would prefer to stay at home voluntarily. But anyway, I'm interested to know whether travel within Thailand is possible again without restrictions? It is nice to see that life is gradually coming back. Also that the restaurants and shopping malls reopen. But it bothers me that the surveillance of the population by ThaiChana is going too far! In a shopping mall, the registration for each individual store has to be carried out again, which is absolutely incomprehensible, since the entrance control already has the dates of the registration.

• Like 2

I am avoiding Thailand for 2 years because I do enjoy a drink of beer or wine with

my dinners, and even lunches sometimes. I do hope that the General and his gang

have lowered their Berlin wall by them. Good luck Thailand  you really need it.

Geezer

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, scandream said:

In spite of so-called easings, there are now so many regulations that I would prefer to stay at home voluntarily. But anyway, I'm interested to know whether travel within Thailand is possible again without restrictions? It is nice to see that life is gradually coming back. Also that the restaurants and shopping malls reopen. But it bothers me that the surveillance of the population by ThaiChana is going too far! In a shopping mall, the registration for each individual store has to be carried out again, which is absolutely incomprehensible, since the entrance control already has the dates of the registration.

A couple of days ago there was an official announcement that on July 1st travel and everthing else banned now will be lifted IF THE SITUATION ALLOWS. 1 more month to go

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Massage houses are allowed to open but they must refrain from opening sauna and steam rooms while prohibiting the touching or massaging of customers' faces.

Well, they've been told not to massage my face, and I tell them stay away from my feet & toes (too ticklish), so the best is that they concentrate somewhere in between the two ????

• Like 1

I am surprised, that they got the priority listing wrong; only as third element the government refers to:

3. Amulet shops can open but with social distancing.

Somsak, Somchai, Yodsak and Sakchai will be more than delighted to know; crazy driving can start again ???? 

21 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"Shop operators will need to have temperature screening for both employees and customers while also reporting to health officials when any suspected case of infection is found."

So, if the heat index is 48C outside and I walk the kilometer from my apartment to the Big C and arrive with my temp about 1 degree elevated above normal (has happened twice), I will be reported to health officials? And, then what will happen? Will I be detained?

have been walking many kilometres per day these past months during lockdown and never failed a temp check yet...don't worry 

1 hour ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

have been walking many kilometres per day these past months during lockdown and never failed a temp check yet...don't worry 

It has happened to me twice already. I don't feel sick. Don't feel particularly hot or feverish. Then, I walk out in the heat, sun, and humidity and when I arrive at the Big C, the stupid little infrared thing reads me as being higher than normal. So, they don't let me in. Then, I sit in the shade for a few minutes and test normal. There's also variation in these readings with those temp check things heat/humidity aside. 

So, if a place is required to report me if I show up with a high temp, what's going to happen in that situation? 

53 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

That is the problem with the app. Once you have a temp. Then everyone who you were near the last 14 days would have to self isolate for 14 days. Thats even if you have a flu. So everyone who gets a temprature now will have to leave their job for 2 weeks. This is so crazy that I am dumbfounded. These measures will lead to a massive cull in the world population ( which I believe is the idea ) through depression, suicide, illness cause by loneliness and isolation. We are human beings and are not ill. Why do people put up with this?

Exactly. Before I venture out and have or cause these consequences, I want to know what they are up to in regards to this mention of being reported. 

On 5/29/2020 at 3:21 PM, zeamonkey said:

Okay fine, I'll stay at home then

I have been whipping out my own pen and signing in. Da uses the app. I figure if there is a problem she will get the notification and as we do not observe social distancing ... we both will respond to the notice ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

all this for .4 percent of death with infected SICK people ...

0.4% of the Thai population of 66 Millions would give you 264000 bodies. There is therefore an obligation to control the disease, but not the Generals' way.

Just now, Brunolem said:

And yet, Western countries which have been replicating China's heavy handed methods have no problem to criticize this same China for its lack of democracy!

Those who can observe without being biased by their feelings and passions now know that, save for a handful of countries, there is no democracy anywhere, and that all personal freedoms can be removed at anytime at the stroke of a pen.

Technology, especially the so-called smart phones, is not going to free humanity, but to enslave it!

Who could have thought?

Those who still can think!

When you think about it, there is no need to chip us when we are already "chipped" by our smartphones. But just try suggesting people throw them away, as I did recently!

I don't buy the China v The West narrative peddled by the controlled mass media.

The "communist" state is run by billionaires and represented on the most influential of globalist organisations - UN, WEF, Bilderberg, Trilateral Commission, etc. I fear it is the shape of global governance to come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 3:55 PM, Boomer6969 said:

I am afraid our Generals' idea of dining out is to guzzle bad whiskey

I finally couldn't take anymore of the domestic rubbish available around the corner, and made the slightly longer trip to Big C. There, for 1600 baht, they let me book a 1 litre flight from America, for a long awaited reunion with my good friend JACK. ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

I don't buy the China v The West narrative peddled by the controlled mass media.

The "communist" state is run by billionaires and represented on the most influential of globalist organisations - UN, WEF, Bilderberg, Trilateral Commission, etc. I fear it is the shape of global governance to come.

It is clear that the Chinese are neither interested by war, nor by communism, but only by money.

They are ruled by the party for historical reasons, not for ideological ones...it just so happens that it is a very convenient system to keep the bulk of the money into a few hands.

Many states in the West are becoming more and more authoritarian because they are broke, crumbling under the weight of the mountains of debt they have recklessly built, aware that they won't be able to pay to keep the populations happy and quiet...many are just a few steps away from civil war or revolution, and their governments are well aware of it...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

This is all exactly right....

And why people put up with this?......Because people are tripping over each other to see who can throw their freedoms away faster........Just look at the numbers of mask wearers its shocking....

How is a mask taking away your freedom? You still have the right to spew any nonsense you want and we can all hear you fine through the mask.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1