Got the Pool

mirage

It looks good. A few points I’ll mention. I had one similar and it was always quite a few degrees warmer than a ground level pool. 

Obviously they don’t last as long as a constructed one either but the biggest plus is that you’ll know in a few months if your justified in building a permanent pool eventually.

I used mine everyday or evening and loved it. Then when I moved sold it to a neighbor who used it for a month till the novelty wore off. 

So you’ve done the right thing and once again, your setup looks mint.

edit....I changed the pump and filter, originals were budget items.

Edited by twocatsmac
  • Like 1

Hey thanks, at the moment I use it everyday. My thought too I may put a bigger in-ground pool in when I have learnt all the pros & cons 1st hand. Did you upgrade to a sand filter or stay with the cartridge system ?. The sand filter seems to almost pay for its self in a couple of years, compared to the cost of replacement cartridges.

I have a 10m x 5m 'normal construction' pool.  These days it is unpleasantly warm to swim in, even in the early morning.  It is in full sun for the majority of the day.  Looks nice, but I do so wish that I could swim in slightly chilly water.  

Edited by Pilotman

We had the 8 x 4m version of this Intex pool, used it for 5 years before the steel supports finally gave way. It was great to use, we now have a concrete in ground pool which is fantastic but still requires shading like the OP's in the hot season, we use 3 triangular sail shades which keeps the water a nice temperature. My Intex pool came with a sand filter and salt water chlorinator which was easy to use and kept the pool water clear and safe. I still have them if the OP or anyone else is interested as they are no use for a concrete pool. I also have a plastic pool ladder (imported from the States) for above ground pools as the original one it came with was of poor quality. Message me if you want anything.

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I have a 10m x 5m 'normal construction' pool.  These days it is unpleasantly warm to swim in, even in the early morning.  It is in full sun for the majority of the day.  Looks nice, but I do so wish that I could swim in slightly chilly water.  

Our Farang neighbour got a big pool. he built a roof over the top at least 5 Mtrs high and it covers the Pool and surrounding area . They say the water is Very cool sometimes too cold.

On 5/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, mirage said:

Hey thanks, at the moment I use it everyday. My thought too I may put a bigger in-ground pool in when I have learnt all the pros & cons 1st hand. Did you upgrade to a sand filter or stay with the cartridge system ?. The sand filter seems to almost pay for its self in a couple of years, compared to the cost of replacement cartridges.

Guys if you want to upgrade your Pool call  this Australian Guy they make the Pools in Map Ta Phut & supply all applications. 

PM me for details.

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Perhaps you could rectify the problem by setting up shade cloth over the pool. Cheaper than putting a roof over the pool, I should imagine.

The condo I am in gets sun on the pool for about a third of the day. It's shaded out the rest of the time.

Almost too cold to swim in December/January.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps you could rectify the problem by setting up shade cloth over the pool. Cheaper than putting a roof over the pool, I should imagine.

The condo I am in gets sun on the pool for about a third of the day. It's shaded out the rest of the time.

Almost too cold to swim in December/January.

I'm told that doing that promotes green algae growth.  Not sure if that is true, but that was what I was told by the builder. Don Mega has provided a very interesting  link above.  I will follow up on that . 

45 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I'm told that doing that promotes green algae growth.  Not sure if that is true, but that was what I was told by the builder. Don Mega has provided a very interesting  link above.  I will follow up on that . 

Depriving the pool of sunlight results in green algae? Another example of Thai scientific knowledge, algae usually need sunlight to grow.

Copper sulphate is usually added to pools to prevent algae growth, recommended concentration as Cu 0.3 - 0.4 ppm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats. I got the same kind of pool. Just. built a deck around mine.

Regarding the pump, you should defiantly replace the original with a sandfilter pump and also consider the saltwater chlorinator system (Intex). Also get the skimmer. 

TIP. If you want to add a bit to the water-level, then buy one of those pool-noodles. Cut up 4 small pieces and place in each corner of the pool. You can also add an extra (2 in each corner). Will make you able to add quite a lot more to the water-level, without it splashing outside in the corners.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:14 PM, bontang said:

Guys if you want to upgrade your Pool call  this Australian Guy they make the Pools in Map Ta Phut & supply all applications. 

PM me for details.

Two Bobs! One is shady ex car salesman from Perth! Knows Foook all aboot fiberglass!! 

• 2 months later...