Foreign Bank ATM Card (Plus SIGN)not working

14 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Did they change the monthly limit by any chance?

Monthly limit?  If you are asking about daily limit that is set by your home bank and their time zone - not here in Thailand.  How much were you trying to withdraw?  Did you try another amount?

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Monthly limit?  If you are asking about daily limit that is set by your home bank and their time zone - not here in Thailand.  How much were you trying to withdraw?  Did you try another amount?

I tried 20000,15000,10000,5000,it was always telling me 2000 is the minimum for foreign cards,home bank said no problem at all.Maybe internet down?

14 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I tried 4 different ATM's 4 different banks

59 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I tried 20000,15000,10000,5000,it was always telling me 2000 is the minimum for foreign cards,home bank said no problem at all.Maybe internet down?

Believe it would have indicated unable contact if unable to do so.  You did press correct keys (I have not done for several decades but it could be confusing if you have not done before).  Suspect you using debit card on checking account and perhaps called current account on screen?  

Edited by lopburi3

This is why you should always have more than 1 bank account each with an own credit/debit card. An ATM checks with the bank before giving money. You only need 1 small interruption, a small error in how data is transferred and the ATM will do nothing. While a bank card from another bank may work without problems.

When I've encountered similar issues with ATMs I'll do a balance check, as lopburi3 suggests, to verify network and bank connectivity.

Some banks will also limit an ATM withdrawal limit when the ATM cash bins are running low (to spread the available cash among multiple customers) until the machine can be refilled, but 4 local ATMs running low at the same time, unless during a run, isn't normal and I'd suspect other issues are at play.

I remember one time about 2 to 3 years ago....got my new/renewed Schwab debit card.  When trying to use it in either a Krungsri or TMB ATM (like I always had) since they give out up to Bt30K per use (my Schwab card allows up to $1000 per day/transaction where was about Bt33K at the time) I would always get an error at the very last step/button push....right before the money is suppose to spit out.  The ATMs screen would just provide a generic error message.....say contact your card-issuing bank.   These ATMs happened to be in the same Lotus mall...just meters from each other. 

After running into the problem for several weeks....never being able to get money with my new card....I called Schwab while standing in front of the machines....the Schwab reps said he was not seeing any attempts to withdraw money.   Tried to pull money from both the TMB and Krungsri ATMs during that call....the rep said he still not seeing any attempt to withdraw money.  

He suggested I try another ATM if one was near by.  Well, since numerous bank branches were in this mall....all located very close to each other I said OK....let me walk over to the KrungThai Bank ATM and give it a try with him still on the line....asked for Bt20K since that's all KrungThai Bank ATMs allow per pull---I had success!   And the Schwab rep said he said the ATM withdrawal happen real time on his end.  I then said since I still haven't reached my daily Schwab limit let me got try the Krungsri and/or TMB ATMs again to pull Bt10K with the Schwab rep still online.  Once again failure at the very last step/button push...and the Schwab rep didn't see any attempt on his end.  

So, he said it's surely some kind of communications error with those particular ATMs.   However, about a month later those ATMs started working fine for my withdrawals with the Schwab card.  Maybe those two ATMs were using the same international internet connection which finally got fixed, whereas the KrungThai ATM was on another international internet connection.  Don't really know....just a really strange problem.