Splitting up vacation locations

I'm planning a 2 month vacation to Thailand next year. I could use some help on deciding which islands would be the best to visit. I was planning on spending one month on Koh Samui then split up the second month on Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. I figure one month on Koh Samui won't be a problem ( possible boredom ) but I'm not sure about Koh Phangan or Koh Tao. I would appreciate any insight from folks that have visited these islands and whether or not this would be the best way to spend my time.

Koh Tao is mainly if you are interested in scuba diving, eventually snorkling, otherwise it might not be that attractive (or even boring). You can visit the three rocks called Koh Nangyouan (Sea Gull Island) by the northwestern tip of Tao by day trip from both Koh Samui and Koh Phangan, either by speed boat tour, or by Lomprayah catamaran ferry; the latter is more convenient, especially if you are not strong at sea (i.e. easily get seasick). The rocks are connected with a white coral-sand strip. The day trips normally includes snorkling equipment and a lunch buffet, in some cases at Nangyouan (excellent buffet), plus a stop by a Koh Tao bay with possibility for swimming among tropical fish. There are fairly private (honeymoon) bungalows available at Nangyouan, if you wish to plan for a stop there.

Koh_Nangyuan_DSC09595.jpg.0538043a4397fd88eec7c5dba0be7770.jpg

Also the Ang Thong Marine Park can be reached with day speed boat tours from both Phangan and Samui, and they also includes snorkling equipment, kayaking and lunch, often served as a buffet on a beach; if you look well you might even find the real secret beach from "The Beach"...????

There are also scuba diving available at Phangan – I often hear the area by Koh Ma mentioned – and diving trips from Samui.

But it's in general a question about what you are interested in, and what you expect, in relation to what you are mentioning about "possible boredom"...????

• Like 2

When I read the comments of some guys here, it seems to me that there is only one holiday destination on this planet. Hundreds of destinations on the seas are welcoming tourists without kidding them. There is no MAYBE or other lies or fake information from the authorities. There are only two possibilities.....WELCOME or NOT WELCOME..................oh, i won't forget the Sex Tourists. Thailand is a paradise for them

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Holoman said:

When I read the comments of some guys here, it seems to me that there is only one holiday destination on this planet. Hundreds of destinations on the seas are welcoming tourists without kidding them. There is no MAYBE or other lies or fake information from the authorities. There are only two possibilities.....WELCOME or NOT WELCOME..................oh, i won't forget the Sex Tourists. Thailand is a paradise for them

Mind I kindly remind you that OP has a specific question about three named Islands – and placed the questions in the dedicated forum for the same three islands – which some posters try to help answering...????

• Like 2