Minneapolis police officer charged with murder of George Floyd

rooster59

21 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I understand you are emotional right now, but when you calm down and think rationally read the autopsy report again.

Where does the report mention how long it takes to die if deprived of air.

It's a stupid, meaningless report for stupid people who want to excuse the actions of a power crazed thug and his cronies in police uniforms.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

It's a stupid, meaningless report for stupid people who want to excuse the actions of a power crazed thug and his cronies in police uniforms.

George Floyd died from the combined effects of being restrained by police, potential intoxicants and his underlying health issues, including heart disease, according to preliminary findings from an autopsy.

It revealed nothing to support strangulation as the cause of death, the Associated Press reported.

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

George Floyd died from the combined effects of being restrained by police, potential intoxicants and his underlying health issues, including heart disease, according to preliminary findings from an autopsy.

It revealed nothing to support strangulation as the cause of death, the Associated Press reported.

What exactly are or were these 'potential intoxicants' and how exactly did they affect his underlying health issues?

9 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Looks like this "test subject" has moved out of the first stage of, DENIAL, and has entered the second stage of, ANGER.

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

Bottom line the dude was cuffed he was no threat to the cops the minority’s aren’t going to tolerate this kind of treatment anymore I don’t blame them that beeing said I hope the riots stop enough division 

But was the victim a threat to himself? Is that why he was being held down? As medical experts analyze the videos and autopsy reports a clear view of what killed Floyd will take place. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Coke heads hearts go like the clappers. Combined with an adrenaline rush from trying pass counterfeit cash and getting rumbled for it he would have been redlining before he got pressure on his neck. Maybe they should wear T-shirts saying High on Crack - Police Stand Back!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Coke heads hearts go like the clappers. Combined with an adrenaline rush from trying pass counterfeit cash and getting rumbled for it he would have been redlining before he got pressure on his neck. Maybe they should wear T-shirts saying High on Crack - Police Stand Back!

How do you know he was on coke or crack or that the dollar bill in question was fake. The only report I've seen about the bill being fake admits it's just an allegation.

You kneel on a fit healthy 20 year old man's neck for nearly 10 minutes he's still going to die. Try it some time, Oh no you'd better not, you'll get arrested for murder.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

How do you know he was on coke or crack or that the dollar bill in question was fake. The only report I've seen about the bill being fake admits it's just an allegation.

You kneel on a fit healthy 20 year old man's neck for nearly 10 minutes he's still going to die. Try it some time, Oh no you'd better not, you'll get arrested for murder.

Floyd was on his stomach, knee was on back of neck, not on the throat. Knee was on back of neck.

As for the $20. bill, I read the ink was still wet.

3 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

He was restrained by police and put in the vehicle before being dragged out of it again - Why?  Why the need to kneel on the victim's neck for a prolonged period of time?

Potential intoxicants - Who knew at the time?  If the police did then the action of kneeling on the neck in full knowledge of the intoxicants is criminally reckless.

Underlying health conditions - Who knew at the time?  If the police did then the action of kneeling on the neck in full knowledge of the intoxicants is criminally reckless.

A person who has been arrested, searched and handcuffed behind their back can offer no lethal threat to an officer.  The safety and well being of the arrested person is the responsibility of the officer.

Why was he taken back out of the car? I'm betting he was taken to the ground to stop him from injuring himself, certainly not the officers.

Many questions to be answered, so what should the public do in the meantime...….let's burn the place down of course.

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Floyd was on his stomach, knee was on back of neck, not on the throat. Knee was on back of neck.

As for the $20. bill, I read the ink was still wet.

The knee was on the side of the neck where the internal carotid artery supplies blood to the brain and the external carotid artery supplies blood to the face and neck.  Light pressure on those can stop the flow of blood to the brain and cause unconsciousness and death in a few minutes.  It takes more pressure to crush the windpipe which is at the front of the neck.

There is no justification for a police officer to apply any pressure to a handcuffed person's neck area.

• Like 2

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

Why was he taken back out of the car? I'm betting he was taken to the ground to stop him from injuring himself, certainly not the officers.

Many questions to be answered, so what should the public do in the meantime...….let's burn the place down of course.

The rear of the police car is designed and constructed to minimize the potential for an arrested person to injure themselves, he would be safer in the back.

11 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

People that aren't suffering from white guilt can easily see in the video that the guy is a drug addict.

As for the fake or not fake bill, who cares, the guy while in handcuffs, and being walked by the police, drops his body weight twice and kneels on the ground, resulting in the officer, who has probably been dealing with drug fueled degenerates all day, putting this one on the ground and a knee on his throat.  Did the officer use to much force? yes.  Is the drug addicted degenerate equally responsible for his own death as the officer. Absolutely.  Sack the officer, case closed.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

The rear of the police car is designed and constructed to minimize the potential for an arrested person to injure themselves, he would be safer in the back.

I haven't been in the back of a cop car in many years, and when I was I didn't fall to the ground on purpose.

Right now everyone is speculating.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sujo said:

No speculating. The man was under control and the cop knelt on his neck for 8 minutes which caused his death.

Were you there? Did you enhance the video, perhaps enlarge some frames, tweak the audio. I thought we learned our lessons about jumping to conclusions without all the facts.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

People that aren't suffering from white guilt can easily see in the video that the guy is a drug addict.

As for the fake or not fake bill, who cares, the guy while in handcuffs, and being walked by the police, drops his body weight twice and kneels on the ground, resulting in the officer, who has probably been dealing with drug fueled degenerates all day, putting this one on the ground and a knee on his throat.  Did the officer use to much force? yes.  Is the drug addicted degenerate equally responsible for his own death as the officer. Absolutely.  Sack the officer, case closed.  

A police officer is, or should be, trained to deal with both the number and types of cases he encounters on a daily basis.  Part of that training is how to properly restrain a person without killing them.  Your comment of, 'probably dealing with drug fueled degenerates all day', is pure speculation and without proof, and only suitable for a mitigation claim after conviction; it does not excuse the police officer's actions at the time.  Use of lethal force is not justified when a police officer is in no danger of being killed or seriously injured.

• Thanks 1

Im not saying that no accidents don't happen in other countries but US is certainly nr1 in this one . Theres plenty of footage on this one , and from what i've seen this is certainly murder . He wasnt fighting his arrest , so even sitting on his back was over-extensive use of force .

It isn't my country so i'd say not my business , but i've seen so many videos of police violence that i find this normal that the riots happen ( i do not agree to riots at all ) . When somebody is peaceful unarmed , you do not have to kick him down . That is something i only seen in USA, nowhere else .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

A police officer is, or should be, trained to deal with both the number and types of cases he encounters on a daily basis.  Part of that training is how to properly restrain a person without killing them.  Your comment of, 'probably dealing with drug fueled degenerates all day', is pure speculation and without proof, and only suitable for a mitigation claim after conviction; it does not excuse the police officer's actions at the time.  Use of lethal force is not justified when a police officer is in no danger of being killed or seriously injured.

I remember watching a 60 Minutes episode maybe 20-25 years ago about all the new systems that were available to police about how to immobilize an antagonist through non lethal, indeed, non harmful means. I've never seen one of them come to market from that day till now

15 hours ago, giddyup said:

Stands to reason that more blacks would be shot if they commit the greater number of crimes.

It does not stand to reason in the slightest.  People should not be shot for committing crimes, they can only be shot if they present an imminent deadly threat to a police officer or any other person.

5 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

if an imminent deadly threat to a police officer or any other person.

Accidents happen. Policing in a lot of neighbourhoods is a dangerous job, police get jumpy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Accidents happen. Policing in a lot of neighbourhoods is a dangerous job, police get jumpy.

Accidents do happen, but they usually become politicians.

Policing can be a dangerous job but in the case we are currently discussing the victim presented no danger to the four officers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, animalmagic said:

Accidents do happen, but they usually become politicians.

Policing can be a dangerous job but in the case we are currently discussing the victim presented no danger to the four officers.

Agreed.

It's come to light that Chauvin and Floyd had both worked as bouncers at the same night club in the past and this incident could possibly be the result of some grudge that existed between the two in the past.

Bouncers are often somewhat unsavoury characters and if there had been bad blood between the two of 'em this killing could have been the final chapter of a long standing feud.

I'm not saying that it was just that it's a possibility. More speculation but a bit of a coincidence.