Minneapolis police officer charged with murder of George Floyd

rooster59

59 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

So a guy who dropped to his knees for what could be numerous reasons deserved to be murdered after 8 minutes of torture for doing so ??

Police and now entitled to murder people who resist arrest (IF he did) 

Are you for real ? 

I would suggest waiting for autopsy report before any further accusations.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I would suggest waiting for autopsy report before any further accusations.

The autopsy report is in. It does not cite cause of death as asphyxiation. That doesn't mean the actions of the police did not cause this man's death.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Accidents happen. Policing in a lot of neighbourhoods is a dangerous job, police get jumpy.

Jumpy, as in kneeling on someone's neck for over 8 minutes, unfazed by surrounding people, asking to take the pulse of George Floyd?

this is the kind of "incident" you- as witness would normally feel the need - duty to rescue - to call the police in emergency for help.. " I can't breathe"  . was'nt it clear enough? 

no

Edited by Opl

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

The autopsy report is in. It does not cite cause of death as asphyxiation. That doesn't mean the actions of the police did not cause this man's death.

That is what is shocking. The police will be exonerated because they followed procedures. They will even get their jobs back

2 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

Jumpy, as in kneeling on someone's neck for over 8 minutes, unfazed by surrounding people, asking to take the pulse of George Floyd?

I was responding to a post about blacks being shot by police, so try and follow.

21 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

In other words, the people have to riot in order for the government to do the right thing every once in a while. 

Good excuse to help yourself to a big flat screen TV for some.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

In other words, the people have to riot in order for the government to do the right thing every once in a while. 

Only those that have fought for their freedoms have got any. Power is never relinquished willingly (cf. Thailand) 

On 5/30/2020 at 9:09 AM, cmarshall said:

I think the other three cops will face the same charges and that all four will be convicted and go to prison.  

Doubt it.  All four will be found not guilty.  US courts have set too many precedents which essentially allow cops to commit murder and walk away.  They'll all walk.  Then?  It will make the Rodney King riots look like a day in the park but nationwide. 

On 5/30/2020 at 1:42 PM, BeltAndRoad said:

Is dropping your body weight and going to the ground while being walked by police considered resisting in America?

“The defendant pulled Mr. Floyd out of the passenger side of the squad car at 8:19:38 p.m. and Mr. Floyd went to the ground face down and still handcuffed. Kueng held Mr. Floyd’s back and Lane held his legs. The defendant placed his left knee in the area of Mr. Floyd’s head and neck. Mr. Floyd said, “I can’t breathe ”multiple times and repeatedly said, “Mama” and “please,” as well. The defendant and the other two officers stayed in their positions.“

• Like 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

Doubt it.  All four will be found not guilty.  US courts have set too many precedents which essentially allow cops to commit murder and walk away.  They'll all walk.  Then?  It will make the Rodney King riots look like a day in the park but nationwide. 

Pure nonsense:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:American_police_officers_convicted_of_murder

• Like 1

Seattle too. 27 arrested as the downtown retail section destroyed. Looks like looters used peaceful protests as cover to break windows and rob, then hid behind peaceful protesters - like human shields for their crime.

Why don't you post some proof you are not fr

52 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, I'm familiar with the Castille case. There's a lesson in there: when you announce to a cop you have a gun, never EVER make any sudden moves for any reason. So no, making a sudden move to grab your wallet isn't a slight miscalculation. It's an incredibly stupid thing to do. Or would you like to suggest people make sudden moves after telling a cop they have a gun on them? If I'm a cop, you tell me you have a gun and then make a sudden move, you're gonna have a gun drawn if it wasn't already.

You still have your claim that you would probably be dead if you were black to defend. Statistics show your claim is absolutely FALSE. Furthermore, far more white people are killed by cops than black people. When a rational person looks at the numbers, adjusts for the fact that blacks commit far more violent crime than other races, the numbers make complete and total sense.

Hysterics are not logic.

What you posted is proof you are a racist or a Soviet troll.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

What you posted is proof you are a racist or a Soviet troll.

I've found Crazy Alex to be coherent and erudite on this subject.  He's been batting off all comers for the past eight hours and big respect for that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A post with content that was copy and pasted from another site with no supporting link has been removed.  Please provide a valid link to the source of information when posting:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A post with a video containing profane language and the replies has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Removed a post and the replies with allegations that another member was paid to post or being a Russian troll.  If you have any actual evidence please forward it to support. If it's just a lame debating tactic, further references like that may find you without posting rights. 

So now the Hennepin Country Medical Examiner's autopsy calls Floyd's death a homicide with contributing factors.  The private autopsy commissioned by the Floyd family and carried out by well-known forensic pathologist Michael Baden and another ME also found the death a homicide.

Dr. Baden said their autopsy “shows that Mr. Floyd had no underlying medical problem that caused or contributed to his death.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/01/us/floyd-protests-live.html

Baden also found that the actions of the other cops present actively contributed to Floyd's death.  

All four cops are going to prison.

• Like 1

Where did policing go wrong?

Crime has been down for decades, but incarceration is still sky-high and brutality cases keep tearing the country apart. Does policing in America need a fundamental re-think?

Matt Taibbi 59 min

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/where-did-policing-go-wrong?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxOTk4NDc5LCJwb3N0X2lkIjo1MDk0NjYsIl8iOiIzVlhlRSIsImlhdCI6MTU5MTA1OTY1MSwiZXhwIjoxNTkxMDYzMjUxLCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMTA0MiIsInN1YiI6InBvc3QtcmVhY3Rpb24ifQ.rjX5o6pNYs43chOGmay4OO-Rz7v6KZnWnpthuv_AhL8

53 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

So now the Hennepin Country Medical Examiner's autopsy calls Floyd's death a homicide with contributing factors.  The private autopsy commissioned by the Floyd family and carried out by well-known forensic pathologist Michael Baden and another ME also found the death a homicide.

Dr. Baden said their autopsy “shows that Mr. Floyd had no underlying medical problem that caused or contributed to his death.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/01/us/floyd-protests-live.html

Baden also found that the actions of the other cops present actively contributed to Floyd's death.  

All four cops are going to prison.

Yes, Experts hired by George Floyd's family and the Hennepin County Medical Examiner have concluded his death was a homicide, but they differ on what caused it. From https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/george-floyd-independent-autopsy/index.html

From the county medical officer "But the medical examiner's office, in its report also released Monday, said that the cause of death is "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." Cardiopulmonary arrest means Floyd's heart failed."

Edited by stevenl

A thief snatches a purse, how does a cop that sees this stop the thief? Well, I hope the cop in good enough shape to chase the thief down and perhaps tackle him. Now suppose the thief dies, now the thief has heart disease, fentanyl and barb. in system. Will the cop be guilty of murder??? 

Because that's where we're heading if we aren't careful. These cops will not be found guilt of murder, manslaughter maybe.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

A thief snatches a purse, how does a cop that sees this stop the thief? Well, I hope the cop in good enough shape to chase the thief down and perhaps tackle him. Now suppose the thief dies, now the thief has heart disease, fentanyl and barb. in system. Will the cop be guilty of murder??? 

Because that's where we're heading if we aren't careful. These cops will not be found guilt of murder, manslaughter maybe.

Chasing after an alleged criminal & him dieing, cannot, in any way, be compared to what happened to Floyd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Chasing after an alleged criminal & him dieing, cannot, in any way, be compared to what happened to Floyd.

You talking about clear minded people who aren't influenced by whether or not their decision will result in rioting and looting. After all this settles down, god help a cop if he uses one profanity or deviates from words in a rule book. They will be scrutinized to the point of being inefficient against criminals. 

Would you put your job at risk by apprehending a criminal? If you violate some rule, you could end up fired and in prison. 

24 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Except that's not remotely what happened. There was no chase - George Floyd was sitting peacefully in a car, not attempting to flee.  The police had not seen him stealing anything, though they had a report that he was suspected of paying with a counterfeit note (something that has not been proven, by the way).

The extensive video footage shows no real attempt to resist arrest that I can see. He was put into a police car, then pulled out of the police car, put face down on the floor and restrained with a knee on his neck for eight minutes until he stopped breathing, according to the statement of probable cause submitted by the Hennepin District Attorney. The whole time he was on the ground, he was pleading with the officer that he couldn't breathe. Multiple bystanders were also pointing out that Floyd was in severe distress, was not resisting and was unable to breathe. Even after he appeared to stop breathing, Chauvin still kept him pinned down for about another 3 minutes.

That's nothing like a suspect dying during a "hot pursuit" by a police officer who actually  witnessed a crime in progress.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thanks 1