Current Marriage ext. Lamphun

Hello and well wishes to all in these unsettling times.

My NON O-A extension expires July 9.

First, I do not have the required Baht on deposit and have no intention of going that route.

I bring in more than ฿65,000 every month except when I don’t. Vagaries of when I needed money, holidays, etc. Sometimes I have more than ฿130,000 in a month and the next ฿0. Plus several months out of country and some transfers showing as interbank. Regardless I don’t meet the ฿65,000 per requirement.

I could return to the US and and come back here with a new O-A. But this year was supposed to be where I hosted my family and friends here and still hope to do so. Covid-19 depending of course.

I am married so the marriage route it is. ฿40,000 per/averaged no problem.

Savannakhet and HCMC are not available I believe… and it’s too close to my extension expiring to hope for a change. Opinions?

I’m pretty well versed on the marriage requirements in general but the details/whims of the local IO are unknown. I reside in Lamphun. Anyone here with a marriage extension from Lamphum office?

What I don’t know are details of when and how to start the application process. It’s 30 days+ until my O-A ext. expires. Do need to start now or am I already behind? Will I need to leave the country? CAN I leave the country (border run)??

Advise greatly appreciated, my memory for such things seems to go in one ear and out the other.

Edited by Dogberry
correction

To apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage you will need to show 12 months of transfers into the country every month that averages to 40k baht per month or proof of 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months. Some offices may not accept the average income.

If you can show the financial proof you could apply up to 30 days before your extension expires.

If you did not do the extension when it expires you could then stay until July 31st under the amnesty and then apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. Then go out to get a single entry non-o visa.

The border crossings are not open at this time and will be remain closed until at the earliest July 1st.

• Like 1

You know Joe that is excellent advise. Just another reason why you have my respect as well as so many others here. Yeah, amnesty till the 31st. 60 day extension. Then HOPEFULLY the borders will open and will go the HCMC route. If not open I'll play another hand. Thanks man.

Edited by Dogberry
typo