BANGKOK
Bender Rodriguez

The lockdown should be over now !

Obviously whatever they tried has not worked in U.S. or U.K

If no lockdown what do you suggest keeps the numbers in Thailand low and soaring in the U.S

On 5/29/2020 at 10:27 PM, Matzzon said:

So, nothing more than a normal flu, like I and many here said from start.

If I tell you that  Covid 19 is no worse than the common cold, I expect that you would accept that as the gospel truth as well.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Know not me said:

Obviously whatever they tried has not worked in U.S. or U.K

If no lockdown what do you suggest keeps the numbers in Thailand low and soaring in the U.S

what exactly did they try? The USA has not had a consistent national strategy. There have been individual state strategies ranging from negligent to superb. If you wish to see what a national strategy achieves look at Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Finland. Sweden has a national strategy too, but it has resulted in one of the world's highest fatality rates.

• Like 1

It's all about staying home for when China starts the big one. this was just the practice run 

Joking, I hope.

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

If I tell you that  Covid 19 is no worse than the common cold, I expect that you would accept that as the gospel truth as well.

No! Why is very simple. I just don´t believe anything you say or post.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yep!  It should be over...your right.  Is it??

• Haha 1

It is refreshing and I am grateful to be in Thailand where the safety of the people trumps money and politics. Pun intended.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

No lockdown in Thailand's neighbor Cambodia but zero cases for over a month and no deaths indicate that it is not the lockdown in Thailand which keeps the numbers low.

If not lockdown then what?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2020 at 7:57 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

New estimate by CDC reduces COVID-19 death rate to just 0.26% (IFR) from WHO’s 3.4% (CFR)

Perhaps this is a more realistic look and assessment:

311343322_CVMortality.jpg.1da77bf9f1cf82980b7bb7e214528e4c.jpg

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

It really varies widely by location. But you certainly didn't want to be in the top death rate countries listed above:

680302434_CVMortality2.jpg.0a8938bfb86177e77d61d61e11794da0.jpg

Even Thailand had an almost 2% death rate among confirmed cases. The 0.08 number is deaths per 100,000 population.

258826899_CVMortalityTH.jpg.793c2a01221194ab43cfab8ff83a063c.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Forgive me, but I won't repeat all again here, as this was discussed already and lots of ideas came up:

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

you know, something above your head, shiny ...

and it touches your skin and out of cholesterol, it makes vitamin D...

sick people and those white ghosts people that need to be as white as possible, they don't go out in the sun 

and old people in Western countries are locked up in their rooms and there is NO strong SUN from fall to after spring... 

and airco in hot countries & heating system in cold countries, makes your mucus membranes dry out =  you get cold/flu easier than in hot humid air ...

no the heat does not kill the virus, it survive 60 °C

low vitamin D status (off course nodoby will test this) + DRY AIR (airco / heating system) = ideal as your immune is WEAK

start to get the point ?

lockdown smuckdown .... winter in Europe / USA, old people on the way to their death .... no sun or exercise in hospitals / retirement homes...

yes/no, start to see the picture ?

ah, Malaysia & Singapore you say :  muslim countries, women covered up, too hot to go in the heat, more $$$ = airco room at home, in car, in office, in shopping malls

Cambodia :  no money to waste for airco, too poor, very few sick & death, no lockdown, ...

Singapore spike ?  many foreign poor workers living with bad hygiene conditions, same as "thai" worker camps... bad / cheap food, no soap, sanitation

Edited by Bender Rodriguez
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

you know, something above your head, shiny ...

and it touches your skin and out of cholesterol, it makes vitamin D...

sick people and those white ghosts people that need to be as white as possible, they don't go out in the sun 

and old people in Western countries are locked up in their rooms and there is NO strong SUN from fall to after spring... 

Most Thais avoid the sun like the plague, particularly women. Why do you think you saw so many of them riding round on their scooters wearing face masks before Covid? To keep the sun off their faces. They also wear foundation, like Snail White which contains sun screen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Perhaps this is a more realistic look and assessment:

311343322_CVMortality.jpg.1da77bf9f1cf82980b7bb7e214528e4c.jpg

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

It really varies widely by location. But you certainly didn't want to be in the top death rate countries listed above:

680302434_CVMortality2.jpg.0a8938bfb86177e77d61d61e11794da0.jpg

This is very misleading.

You post the "observed case-fatality ratio", which is "the number of deaths ... per 100 confirmed cases" (see your source).

So these numbers you show here depend first of all on the volume of testing, and the "success" of that testing, and do not reflect the real death rates.

• Sad 1