Pattaya: Filthy black water floods into the sea just as authorities plan to open beach again

rooster59

5 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

New Attraction to lure the chinese--water park..  Come get a selfie under the waterfalls!   200 bt! 

Free mama cup to first 100 to book tixs  

Bottle it and sell it to them. They eat and drink anything

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Doesn't exactly scream world class tourist destination , does it

DJI_0147-3.thumb.jpg.226a31b2330da666cd6c09960bc29e77.jpg

Seems they hired the wrong architect for this job. If these pipes were 2 meters lower then nobody would have ever noticed. Last year a Russian woman got 100 k fine and 2 nights police station at phuket for feeding fishes bread crumbs in the sea how does that relate to this picture?

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Aren’t (polluting) structures on beach land here highly forbidden ?

Yes, as is prostitution and corruption, your point is? ???? 

Always said this lot were "special" - Thailand didn't need a global pandemic to fk its tourism up, they can do it all by themselves!!!
Disgraceful, totally preventable and a contemptuous disregard for the natural beauty that this country once had.  Now it's a cesspit.... Everywhere!!
Twenty years ago the "Med" was slagged as Europe's open sewer.  It's never been anywhere near as filthy as the Gulf.  The Mediterranean has 15 countries bordering it from 3 continents, with very little tidal shift or replenishment. Whilst the Gulf of Thailand with its very distinct tidal shifts, have only themselves to blame.

Burn in Hades.

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

We got some real heavy rain late Friday night so I wonder what went on under the cover of darkness and curfew. 

I'd think the heavy rains had a tendency to flush out the drains. That black stuff was an accumulation of weeks (months) of  whatever was placed into the drains or what was lying in the roads and gutters of Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I'd think the heavy rains had a tendency to flush out the drains. That black stuff was an accumulation of weeks (months) of  whatever was placed into the drains or what was lying in the roads and gutters of Pattaya.

All manner of shhht then!!  I used to cringe when I d see late at night many of the food stalls pouring all their waste and used cooking oils straight in the drain.

Very few Thais respect anything but money.

Edited by 19DL86
  • Like 1

They need to tear down that ugly building--and all the other buildings on that side of the road.  The entrance area to Walking Street is about as ugly as it gets.  Yet another reason why most of the nice, new development is happening in north Pattaya and other areas.

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pattaya: Filthy black water floods into the sea just as authorities plan to open beach again

Pattaya back to normal then.... come tourists come ye all.... we've made everything ready for you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 19DL86 said:

All manner of shhht then!!  I used to cringe when I d see late at night many of the food stalls pouring all their waste and used cooking oils straight in the drain.

Very few Thais respect anything but money.

but that is what a drain is for......

23 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I have this odd sense of deja vu. Many times in the past we have seen this and it was suggested that hotels with illegal drainage were major culprits, but with them pretty much all closed that lie argument can't be used this time. I would dearly love to know how much money has been allocated over the years to solve this and where it has gone, as clearly it hasn't been spent where it should have been.

Funny that when someone flashes a bit of skin or a couple have nookie on the beach the place goes into an uproar about image, when this is a far bigger disgrace and brings the place into disrepute far more.

The money was spent on new homes cars and girls.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VYCM said:

The roads are blackened by the filthy, unregistered, untaxed, dangerous vehicles, this is runoff.

Lots of oil and grease on our roads. 

Police need to remove these vehicles. 

nothinh wrong with my truck....taxed....insured.....so why write what YOU HAVE ????

19 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:
20 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Nonsense, she was fined B1,000.

Maybe it was bail 100k anyway she was in jail some days.. this situation looks way worse.

She was detained only until bail had been posted, 2 days.