Movie theaters set to open: But "New Normal" means no drinks or popcorn

rooster59

Waste  of  time, so  3  seats  apart  left to right and front to back, wouldn't  worry  about mask removal they can't keep their hands off them anyway.

Wife  went  out in On Nut last  night and said the restaurant had  no social distancing, people taking  selfies 5-6 together.

• Like 2

In short, after destroying large parts of their economy, they want to destroy their movie industry (Hollywood will probably wait for the madness to subside before sending its movies over here). 

Who will want to sit, wearing a face mask for 3 hours nonstop, with staff checking in the alleys? 

Not me for sure! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Don't know if it works the same way out here, but in the US the theatres make maybe half their money from refreshments.  One third of attendance plus no popcorn sounds like operating at a loss.

Yup.....Thailand is the only country I know where popcorn and a drink cost more then the price for a movie ticket. They are screwed.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Stupid measures, you can't eat because you have to wear a mask, but it's ok in a restaurant, thai logic again

scubascuba3

Not just Thai.  In USA in certain states you can stand on the beach but not lay on the beach.  Others you can be on the beach but only if the sand is wet, you can't stand on dry sand.  In numerous states, buying marijuana was considered an essential service so they were never closed.  My favorite in Thailand is you can go to a restaurant but you can't get an alcoholic drink.  I guess if I ordered a soft drink or iced tea those kill the virus but alcohol spreads it.  

15 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

My favorite in Thailand is you can go to a restaurant but you can't get an alcoholic drink.  I guess if I ordered a soft drink or iced tea those kill the virus but alcohol spreads it.  

Officially, it is because people socialize when drinking alcohol.

Which means that they don't if there is no alcohol in sight.

Who knew that people were so much addicted to alcohol that they were talking to each other only when under influence...

29 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Officially, it is because people socialize when drinking alcohol.

Which means that they don't if there is no alcohol in sight.

Who knew that people were so much addicted to alcohol that they were talking to each other only when under influence...

Unofficially they know what the death toll on the roads is gong to be once they allow alcohol sales.  I will be honest going out to dinner is not a great experience when you have to use line to talk to your date.  As to the theatres someone above missed the fact that couples can sit together so I imagine if you went with the family it would be the same.  

Personally while it is a pain in the assets I prefer the slow roll out versus them opening everything at once and having an issue.

The bars will have to be opened by the 1st of July so maybe the first is gong to be INDEPENDENCE DAY LOL