Laptop Repair - Surin

allane

It's an Acer. I am not getting any illumination on the screen. As far as I can determine, from the indicator lights, the computer itself, and the charger, are still working. It was not damaged in a fall, or anything like that.

Although not an Acer (think it was Dell) I had a similar problem once while over in Thailand.

Brought it to a fairly large computer-shop to get it repaired.

As it was a Password-protected company laptop, I did put a big post-it note with the password on the screen, and clearly explained that they needed to be careful and that NO WAY they should try a 3rd log-in when the previous 2 failed.  Of course when I came back next day the PC was locked, as the guy they gave it to had made 3 consecutive faulty log-ins.

Luckily I was able to contact my company's system-administrator and have it unlocked from remote, but that took quite a while and will have cost quite a bit for the international telcons.  Once I was able to log-in again, also miraculously the illumination worked again.

Lesson learned > Be on stand-by when they try to 'repair' your laptop, in order to avoid any experimentation by dim-witted juniors (e.g. a factory reset deleting all your data).

There is a shop call Airport locate on the east-side of the street (SW corner), that runs north on the west-side of the city vendors market to the railway crossing. The newer Advice shop is a couple of blocks south of Airport on the west-side of this street. There is also a shop on the 4 lane divided street across from Surin Vocational College, just past a Honda dealer. They are an authorized service center for several brands.

I have used the Airport shop twice for laptop issues in the past without complaint.