Woman missing since 2014 was not victim of "Ice Metal Casket" - DNA proves she was murdered in Si Racha

rooster59

Woman missing since 2014 was not victim of "Ice Metal Casket" - DNA proves she was murdered in Si Racha

dna.JPG

Image: Daily News

Investigations by the Krajok Ngao missing persons' foundation have revealed that a "Coyote" woman missing since 2014 was not a victim of the notorious Bangkok serial killer known as "Ice Heep Lek" who kept victims in a metal casket alive overnight. 

DNA evidence has solved the disappearance and will allow the family of the missing woman some closure.

Tragically her father died from cancer recently and did not live to discover what had really happened to his daughter.

But her mother is still alive and will perform ceremonies to "invite" the spirit to return ahead of a cremation of remains this week. 

Attractive Yupha Sridech or Oil, aged just 23, disappeared in May 2014 and speculation was rife in the press that she was a victim of Ice after a large quantity of human bones and other remains were found behind a property in Thonburi in January.

But the foundation discovered that Ice was in jail when Oil went missing. Follow up work at hospitals in Chonburi led the foundation to Laem Chabang Hospital that received the body of an unidentified female with no identification on May 26th 2014. The remains were later buried in a cemetary and no one was convicted in her murder. 

"Sexy" clothing and footwear worn by Oil as shown on Facebook posts around the time of her disappearance suggested that the victim was her.

Now DNA taken from the parents has confirmed that the woman murdered in Si Racha is indeed Oil. 

Daily News said, without elaborating, that there were many contributing factors as to why the DNA analysis had taken so long.

Her father Bunsong died of cancer in March this year.

On Monday Oil's mother Gaysorn, 60, will complete death certificate formalities at the Police Hospital. 

On Tuesday she will go to the site where her daughter was found in Si Racha, Chonburi to engage in a "chern winyan" ceremony to "invite" her spirit back home.

Then the body will be exhumed and a cremation will take place.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-30

15 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

She was unidentifiable at the time of the discovery of her body and was buried, unidentified, until now.  That means that there was no family for her to be connected to for her DNA to be compared with, so it's not as "ridiculous" as you claim.  

Why bury an unidentified body, without collecting DNA first?

And her clothes and footwear was found and identified via Facebook.

And how many unidentified dead girls are found in Thailand on a monthly basis?

Don't you really find that suspicious and ridiculous? This happened in 2014 not 1820.....

Edited by rasmus5150
spelling error

7 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:
23 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

She was unidentifiable at the time of the discovery of her body and was buried, unidentified, until now.  That means that there was no family for her to be connected to for her DNA to be compared with, so it's not as "ridiculous" as you claim.  

Why bury an unidentified body, without collecting DNA first?

And her clothes and footwear was found and identified via Facebook.

And how many unidentified dead girls are found in Thailand on a monthly basis?

Don't you really find that suspicious and ridiculous? This happened in 2014 not 1820.....

"Why bury an unidentified body, without collecting DNA first?"

Who said that DNA wasn't collected at the time?  She has been identified using DNA so a sample must have been taken as her body was still interred at the time of the report.  My point is that there are approximately 69,000,000 people in Thailand, who would it be tested against?

"And how many unidentified dead girls are found in Thailand on a monthly basis?"

I've no idea but how would knowing that have helped identify her?

"Don't you really find that suspicious and ridiculous?"

No, I don't, there are other things that I find ridiculous, though.

Yeah, I don't think anyone in my family tree ever gave a DNA sample to anyone, anywhere so if they were to take a sample from me and run it through any databases it wouldn't turn up anything. Lol - even if it did match someone, it would probably be some kid I never knew I'd fathered 40-45 years ago, who wouldn't have a clue who I was either.

It wasn't like the police had the samples on file and it took them 6 years to get around to finally checking them against a database.

It was that Missing Persons Foundation that was able to put the clues together that lead them to think the missing woman was the same as the unidentified woman who ended up in the Laem Chabang hospital and was buried.

They then got a DNA sample (from the mother presumably) and compared that to the one that must have been on file for the girl and it matched.

In some places (countries), if a woman (or anyone else for that matter) was declared missing, investigators would pretty much immediately start checking hospitals and morgues and trying to match unidentified bodies to missing person reports.
In some places.

I don't know if Thailand even has some kind of national database where that information could be checked (or if the police even try).