Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

rooster59

8 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Where in Thailand can you get a $100 studio apartment?  Certainly not in Pattaya or Bkk.  At least not anything even remotely to western comfort standards.

Ive always been up north in Cm....tons of rooms...Mine was behind airport so quiet and local but close to city

Not many thais stayed there as it was very quiet and isolated and i think they love the noise

Basic-but clean and quiet  3500 with ac--free wifi--cable--nice solid wood bed-armoire-desk-chair--small balcony--shower--nice wood like tile.....is all i needed.....as im usually out biking all day in city

Id say with electric-about 500--water 100--my bill would be around 4200 total monthly  so $125 usd

On 5/30/2020 at 2:05 PM, ChouDoufu said:

you might check out this one i done found on the googles:

i plugged in citizen of china, travel to thailand, age 50, $100k coverage, $1k deductible.  july 01-14.  cost  $36-42 depending on plan.  it looks like covid19 is treated like any other illness, subject to pre-existing conditions and who/cdc travel warnings.  would have to contact an agent to confirm that.

Safe Travels International is for Non US Citizens and Non US Residents while traveling outside their Home Country, but not visiting the United States. It can provide coverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner/traveling companion and dependent children/grandchildren. This plan does not cover USA.

https://www.trawickinternational.com/

i'm thinking the problem we're having is folks are looking at travel insurance and being told about covid19 exclusions, but those limitations may be on trip cancellation benefits rather than health coverage.

I read the limitations and it says:

"EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
We will not pay for any Accidental Death, Dismemberment or Paralysis loss or Injury that is caused by, or results from: /.../
5. disease or bacterial infection except for any bacterial infection resulting from an accidental external cut or wound or accidental ingestion of contaminated food."

Are you sure this insurance would cover the costs of a hospital stay caused by contracting Covid19 "the normal way"? Maybe it's the usual story: tourists and expats must have an insurance policy, but it will never pay out. 

3 hours ago, androokery said:

I read the limitations and it says:

"EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
We will not pay for any Accidental Death, Dismemberment or Paralysis loss or Injury that is caused by, or results from: /.../
5. disease or bacterial infection except for any bacterial infection resulting from an accidental external cut or wound or accidental ingestion of contaminated food."

Are you sure this insurance would cover the costs of a hospital stay caused by contracting Covid19 "the normal way"? Maybe it's the usual story: tourists and expats must have an insurance policy, but it will never pay out. 

the agent directed me to those policies that cover covid, the website states they cover covid.  if you want a clearer statement, you could email an agent that sells the product, or contact the carrier.  i'm just a dude what googles stuff. 

I just got this email from Thai Airways:

"THAI has suspended flights across the network until 31 July and extended the special assistance to disrupted customers to allow travel within Dec '21."

Doesn't look like tourists will be allowed before 31st July.

• Like 1

It should be okay to open up to countries in the clear, like New Zealand.  There won't be a vaccine for a year, so the world can't hide in fear for a year.  If you are worried about catching it, then stay isolated in your house.  Those who don't feel at risk should be able to go back to work.  There should be compromises available.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Visarghhhh said:

It should be okay to open up to countries in the clear, like New Zealand.  There won't be a vaccine for a year, so the world can't hide in fear for a year.  If you are worried about catching it, then stay isolated in your house.  Those who don't feel at risk should be able to go back to work.  There should be compromises available.

an inhaler vaccine is on stream for about august in the uk from astara zen

and theres https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/05/will-inhaled-remdesivir-make-you-breathe-easy-maybe-14829

On 6/6/2020 at 8:18 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

an inhaler vaccine is on stream for about august in the uk from astara zen

and theres https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/05/will-inhaled-remdesivir-make-you-breathe-easy-maybe-14829

Chinese ambassador ‘censored’ after ‘claiming country ALREADY has a ready-to-use vaccine’

It is an inhaler type may be ready by Aug

https://www.the-sun.com/news/945627/china-ambassador-vaccine-censored/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 12:09 PM, Traubert said:

Why should war break out?

China orders troops to be ‘ready for combat’ and removes the word ‘peaceful’ from government docs

https://www.the-sun.com/news/891341/china-troops-ready-for-combat-peaceful-taiwan/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

CORONAVIRUS may not have come from a wild animal market in Wuhan, according to the results of a landmark scientific study.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/841227/coronavirus-animals-wuhan-market-killer-bug/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

China orders troops to be ‘ready for combat’ and removes the word ‘peaceful’ from government docs

https://www.the-sun.com/news/891341/china-troops-ready-for-combat-peaceful-taiwan/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

CORONAVIRUS may not have come from a wild animal market in Wuhan, according to the results of a landmark scientific study.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/841227/coronavirus-animals-wuhan-market-killer-bug/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

The Sun? The newspaper that once lead with the headline "Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster?"

Pardon me for my cynicism.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kingdong said:
On 6/7/2020 at 9:26 PM, kingofallasians said:

Could I get an apartment in Pattaya for $150 USD a month?

No

Of course you can! It's 4'500B. You have many apartments below 3'000B!

If you want to live in these... is another question.

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

YANKS FOR NOTHING 

British holidaymakers will be banned from US for MONTHS and maybe until vaccine ready, top coronavirus official warns.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/980633/brit-holidaymakers-banned-america-months-fauci/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

So tourists may not be returning to Thailand anytime soon.

The tourists in Thailand will not come from Australia in the next months

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/no-aussie-dollars-in-thailand-for-at-least-3-months

if Thailand let in the Chinese, and the second wave starts, and its much more serious, I will take my chances and go back to Spain, because to create a second wave here, simply by allowing the Chinese back, will be stupidity at its highest leve.

the Thai Government, and so it seems, a large percentage of the people, do not want us here anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

if Thailand let in the Chinese, and the second wave starts, and its much more serious, I will take my chances and go back to Spain, because to create a second wave here, simply by allowing the Chinese back, will be stupidity at its highest leve.

the Thai Government, and so it seems, a large percentage of the people, do not want us here anyway.

Edited by Tony125

On 6/5/2020 at 7:22 PM, Visarghhhh said:

New Zealand has a tiny population.

And mark my words they won't agree to any bubble with a 'lesser developed' nation like Thailand, where you cannot trust a true analysis of figures, and also one that is desperate to open to China. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I don't want to be pessimist but i doubt you will be allowed to entry the Thai border

the 30 july if you don't have a work permit or a visa related to a thai family member

Unfortunately for you the news talk more of a very slow reopening with very few tourists

(And high requirments and a lot of loops to hop) only around next september\october

I believe it is for restricted countries and not all countries. Correct me if I am wrong.

15 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I believe it is for restricted countries and not all countries. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes you are right

when the reopening to tourists happens in the end of the year it should be only for few selected countries with 0 or very fews cases and under control, at the moment

most of the western countries are not on the list of the famous ''bubbles''

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/06/19/thai-center-for-covid-19-situation-administration-not-in-any-hurry-to-move-forward-on-travel-bubble-plan/

Edited by kingofthemountain

40 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes you are right

when the reopening to tourists happens in the end of the year it should be only for few selected countries with 0 or very fews cases and under control, at the moment

most of the western countries are not on the list of the famous ''bubbles''

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/06/19/thai-center-for-covid-19-situation-administration-not-in-any-hurry-to-move-forward-on-travel-bubble-plan/

I can see the need for this kind of message from the people in charge, it carries a sense of responsibility, a semblance of care. But I’m struggling with the logic of it. 

This sort of follows the logic of fidelity in relationships. How do you make sure that your partner does not cheat on you? Your partner would have to be locked up, deprived of any other human contact. 

The same applies for the idea behind travel bubbles.

If Norway was a travel bubble partner for some country, they may be looked upon favourably for their continued closed borders with Sweden, which has a high number of COVID-19 infections. But Norway just introduced a tiny exception, where they’re saying Norwegians CAN visit the Swedish island of Gotland, where there are very few infected individuals. But Gotland isn’t closed off to the rest of Sweden, there’s every chance a Norwegian can meet someone from Stockholm there. I don’t mean to say that Norway is a likely travel bubble opposite for Thailand, but the same thing that is true for Norway is probably true for most other countries too. It’s easy to imagine Thailand having some similar deal with a neighbouring country, or with China. 

There is also talk about travel bubbles just between cities. How would that be enforced? There are very few cities where you can guarantee people haven’t travelled from outside the city to get on a flight. And when we add the complexity of flights into this bubble idea it gets even more obvious that it’s not a realistic idea. 

The reality is probably that most countries need to open up before there is a vaccine. We don’t KNOW there will be a working vaccine. The obvious country that can remain closed is probably North Korea. Most other countries need to weigh the risk of another wave of infections against the cost of having closed borders. And you won’t get the numbers of tourists you need to bolster the economy if you limit the ability of the airlines to fill their flights. 

• Like 2