Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

rooster59

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

It is going to be way toooo much to see thousands upon thousands of Chinese running amok. It looks more and more and more that if war breaks out, Thailand will be kissing the side of their Chinese Master's obedient ring. 

Better to have exit plan then. Its getting ugly really fast when pro-China mob comes out in Thailand. The same way Aussies have seen it here and there. Honestly saying I am surprised how calm guys are there. Try it here and it's going to be totally opposite reaction by working class and young generation, no understanding and calmness at all. That's why extreme parties are becoming stronger every year, unfortunately. Being in China long time and like people, most of time, but latest stuff from the government is beyond my values and what I can accept. Hope that things go fine and there is chance to visit Thailand soon, but expectations are not high. 

8 minutes ago, Ranshoko said:

You're talking absolute RUBBISH.

By the way, nobody knows or will ever know the extent of Covid 19 infections in Thailand.

yes, exactly...I was talking about people like you. Hopefully you will stay away...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Honestly I am not against a skirmish.

That's great! take it you will be planning on being on the front line,"skirmishing" with the rest of the cannon fodder while those that instigated the "skirmish" will be safely hidden away safe in the knowledge they will not be part of the "collateral" damage?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, madmen said:

Too bad if you're European or USA , won't be seeing the GF for a couple of years, but no worry she wait you come back 

are you serious about GF going to wait? time is money.

• Sad 1

Those tourist businesses are in state of hysteria at the moment denying the obvious. Give them more time and they will stop eventually deluding themselves and others. No international tourism in 2020. Period. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My son works for Bentley U.K. in a management role the majority of customers are the Chinese and the Middle East he returned to work 10 days ago the orders have dried up especially the Chinese if the super wealthy aren’t buying in China that must say something the average Bentley continental costs around £185,000 however the Chinese love all the singing and dancing extras so you could add another 25/35 k on top. I would be very surprised if Thailand managed to get even 50% of the Chinese tourists they are hoping for this virus is going to have a devastating effect on all types of business around the world and I think the Chinese are going to be hit the hardest as the finger is pointing at them . Maybe the order book for second hand submarines from the Thai government will be suspended

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, andre47 said:

I go out without being afraid to get sick... hehe

Same here. The only difference is that we somewhat report a bit more.

But it's recomforting to hear zero cases i guess, even though it does not reflect reality, as we all know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think we can all see the writing on the wall that Thailand will be closed to any western country for the forseeable future. And as for each Chinese tourists spending 50,000 baht a visit on Thai goods and food on a Chinese organised coach trip, I think they are dreaming

Greece is opening to tourists soon. Chinese welcome - British, German, Spanish, French, Italian - no.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andre47 said:

Yes, you are right...they will not open to western countries, except maybe Australia and New Zealand and some other who have the virus under control.

Look at the fools in Europe and the US. It is a mess...many people are just selfish and reckless. They even don't want to wear a mask to protect others. I am very disappointed about my own compatriots and all the other western countries. Asia will become the strongest region of the world in future. Good night US..good night Europe. 

better start those Mandarin lessons

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

which ones ?? can he provide a detailed list whom has it under control (not China,S Korea or Japan with some new cases) maybe Taiwan but that would not help much

Since you have no say in this I don’t think he will be providing you with any lists.