Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

rooster59

3 hours ago, smedly said:

the ramblings of desperation 

Let the Chinese in, I have my dedicated buses hotels and restaurants ready, we will lead them around like lemmings and rob them blind, yippee 

hideous, those big $%^& buses are back

• Like 1

How about opening up small bars & the like & "sucking it & see" with the local population before we open the doors to what I am sure will be another more serious pandemic once the floodgates are opened to the Chinese & others routing themselves through the approved countries.

How are hotels going to give the busloads breakfast as a buffet must certainly be out of the question

Immigration will just  not be able to safegauard the country once the influx starts

Most of theChinese spending is repatriated to China anyway.

Only NZ & Australia comply at present in my book.

Have a look at India's figures today, not good reading

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, andre47 said:

The hospitals here are not overwhelmed from Covid

I apologise, I did not realise you visit the hospitals / hospitels on a daily basis, and check their occupancy rates.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think we can all see the writing on the wall that Thailand will be closed to any western country for the forseeable future. And as for each Chinese tourists spending 50,000 baht a visit on Thai goods and food on a Chinese organised coach trip, I think they are dreaming

I Hope the Thai Government will buy the ONE MINUTE Covid19 tests the Israelis have invented for use at the AIRPORT!!!

None of us want to go through this BS again! Least of all the poor Thais, most of who are still dreaming about the 5k per month they never got!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think we can all see the writing on the wall that Thailand will be closed to any western country for the forseeable future. And as for each Chinese tourists spending 50,000 baht a visit on Thai goods and food on a Chinese organised coach trip, I think they are dreaming

Will be interesting if the tourist on 14 days holiday have to go into quarantine for 14 days 5555 and spare suitcase for all the usual paperwork requirements “;0)

Edited by Millcx

"Oooohhhhh Yeeeeesss... YeeeHaaaaaaaaa"

Green light and fast track those from The Nation that started all this in the first place.

Better Nations collectively invoice China for their respective losses...rather than grovel to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, andre47 said:

Yes, you are right...they will not open to western countries, except maybe Australia and New Zealand and some other who have the virus under control.

Look at the fools in Europe and the US. It is a mess...many people are just selfish and reckless. They even don't want to wear a mask to protect others. I am very disappointed about my own compatriots and all the other western countries. Asia will become the strongest region of the world in future. Good night US..good night Europe. 

I see the world through opaque snapshots from dubious sources and via the "written word" penned by others whom I've never met. I am not qualified to determine the foolishness of one or many. I can decide how to conduct my behavior and leave others to their own devices. If I have no expectations at to how others should act, then I am less likely to be disappointed or resentful.

1 minute ago, Benmart said:

I can decide how to conduct my behavior and leave others to their own devices. If I have no expectations at to how others should act, then I am less likely to be disappointed or resentful.

Agree, but if the others are threatening their compatriots (and me also)...?

For me the freedom of everybody ends there where he harm or threaten others.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Fallangpakwan said:

Speaking of the $100K insurance required does anyone know of an insurance company that will provide it.

My daughter was telling me after a  certain date could have been in Jan they all stopped doing it in the UK I dont know now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

It is going to be way toooo much to see thousands upon thousands of Chinese running amok. It looks more and more and more that if war breaks out, Thailand will be kissing the side of their Chinese Master's obedient ring. 

Remember WWII and Thailand's (we've never been conquered) appeasement to the Japanese?  Same, same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

True, they never complain about double pricing..all the Temples, parks etc are full of Chinese at 500 a pop.....look in the outlet malls and Central etc...All Chinese.....old whitey is usually found in the 20 baht shop or night market.

Why not, when we know better. I seem to remember a saying of, 'A fool and his money are soon parted'. I don't think that has changed. On the other hand, we are not all skinflints or spending more on cheap seconds.

This Tourism Official may be wanting the Chinese to return to Thailand, but....will the Chinese actually be A) Allowed to travel to Thailand ( or any other destination )by the Chinese Authorities B) Will the Chinese or any other Nationality feel safe travelling anywhere while Covid19 is still rampant around the Globe C) They, like everybody else will have shallow pockets for a while paying off personal debts incurred though the breakout.

New and uncertain times are ahead for many ( if not all Nations ) around the World, and time will tell what the  " new Norms " will be for everybody.

• Like 1

I keep looking at updates for international travel to thai.  I would love a date to look forward to so I can see my partner again, however, being from the UK I suspect I may be in for a long wait.  These new norms that keep being proposed are going to take some implementing (airlines, shops...) lots of headaches for all concerned.  Selfishly I feel like a kid that has been told Christmas is cancelled but the adult in me is trying to accept, and trying to be objective and positive.   This whole thing is like some Charlie Brooker,  Black Mirror episode.  Plenty of material for him to work with in the UK at the mo.

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

China and their taking over territory with moving in on more - China's C19 all over the world - China getting too bullish and big mouthed. Honestly I am not against a skirmish.

You want to start a war because someone is too noisy?

What if you get a bloody nose and it escalates?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The chief of the Association of Thai Travel Agents has begged the government to let tourists from countries who have controlled the coronavirus pandemic flood back into Thailand.

Its not what I want to hear but its hardly surpising and not limited to Thailand. Greece and Spain are doing the same. However, I think that no matter who they let in, once that open up there will be new infections.

Thailand has a choice, either open up or stay closed. If they open up they are going to have to accept that the virus will flare up and down until a vaccine is found and that could be years off. If they stay closed, the tourist industry is finished for the foreseeable future.

Based on their current nervousness with minute numbers of deaths and infections, I suspect they will open up to a few countries and then close down again as soon as infections begin to rise.

Edited by KhaoYai

4 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Will these tourist need a letter that they are fit to travel and have 14 days quarantine when they arrive also with $100,000 worth of insurance including Covid-19 covers. 

Only if you're a farang supporting a Thai wife an/or kids and are locked out.
For the Chinese?  The Thai government will sound like Monty Hall on Let's Make A Deal.  "Chinese people!  Come On Down!"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1