Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

rooster59

A second wave of the flu is burping up here and there in China. If these "tourists" have to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival, I doubt they will get the numbers the want. The second wave will eventually creep into our vocabulary.

• Like 1

A simple case of putting money before people's safety. China has just closed down another city because of a spike of infections and this clown wants to open he country up to them, this would set Thailand back after all the good work.

Probably safer to concentrate on domestic tourism for now, & businesses producing goods for export.  If another wave arrives from outside Thailand, it's back to square one with another lockdown.

And get the kids back to school.  Imported infections will scupper that.

Edited by Yorkshire Tea
  • Like 1

Sorry I can't give a proper link to this, but gov.uk/topic/health/protection/infectious diseases states

'As of 19th March 2020, COVID 19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease'.

Thats the best I can read of a photo of an official UK HCID.

See the attached and see what you think?

IMG-20200530-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

China and their taking over territory with moving in on more - China's C19 all over the world - China getting too bullish and big mouthed. Honestly I am not against a skirmish.

Ha ha they couldn’t even beat Vietnam after VN had been hammered by the US. The CCP spread a virus and are now spreading like one themselves. Between the SCS Taiwan and all the other trouble they are making, it is reasonable to assume something might break soon.

2 hours ago, CGW said:

That's great! take it you will be planning on being on the front line,"skirmishing" with the rest of the cannon fodder while those that instigated the "skirmish" will be safely hidden away safe in the knowledge they will not be part of the "collateral" damage?

Honestly I have the money to ride out a skirmish. I have zero debt and a good sized bank account and money on hand. With the skirmish can come peace of mind to Taiwan and all of the countries who the Chinese in the SE China Asian sea are bullying. I would love to see Tibet let free too. there is a price to pay for freedom against bullies sometimes. And China is an arrogant cry baby bully.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joe jadore said:

I Hope the Thai Government will buy the ONE MINUTE Covid19 tests the Israelis have invented for use at the AIRPORT!!!

None of us want to go through this BS again! Least of all the poor Thais, most of who are still dreaming about the 5k per month they never got!

The housekeeper got it, my son and wife got it, also her mother and sister got it. But that's only five, I really can't speak for the rest.

9 minutes ago, Jack Cook said:

Ha ha they couldn’t even beat Vietnam after VN had been hammered by the US. The CCP spread a virus and are now spreading like one themselves. Between the SCS Taiwan and all the other trouble they are making, it is reasonable to assume something might break soon.

Yep. It is looking that way and in all intensive purposes should go that way.

2 hours ago, andre47 said:

I go out without being afraid to get sick... hehe

most of the bad things happen when people became too confident and lower their guard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

from the cesspoor of dirty, desease, and infected countries rushing to Thailand. That will cause a catastrophy

From clean developed economies to countries where rats circulate freely on the pavement, in downtown Bangkok Phrom Pong.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

received this when i contacted an agent.  thai girlfriend wants to go home this summer....

The plans that cover covid-19 are the safe travels plans.  Note that you must pre-certify in the case of covid-19 coverage (that is, you call the insurance company first before seeking testing or treatment).

Safe Travels Outbound Cost Saver will cost $101 and Safe Travels Outbound will cost $118 for three months coverage with same $500,000 maximum and $250 deductible.

To purchase the Safe Travels Outbound Cost Saver plan, use the link below:
https://americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/buy-safe-travels-outbound-cost-saver.asp

To purchase the Safe Travels Outbound plan, use the link below:
https://americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/buy-safe-travels-outbound.asp

there were a few other carriers with travel health insurance for shorter terms that would cover covid19.  two to four weeks cover (with other coverages for tourism included) was around $50. 

I take it this is only available for US citizens?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, androokery said:

I take it this is only available for US citizens?

i sent an email to the agent, asked about policies for myself (usa) and girlfriend (thai), currently in china, wanting to travel to thailand.

you can contact them directly for details pertaining to your specific situation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

which ones ?? can he provide a detailed list whom has it under control (not China,S Korea or Japan with some new cases) maybe Taiwan but that would not help much

Australia and new Zealand should be up there too.

I think we know who will not be on it..

UK and America. 

1 hour ago, Magenta408 said:

Una seconda ondata di influenza sta spuntando qua e là in Cina. Se questi "turisti" devono auto-mettere in quarantena per 14 giorni all'arrivo, dubito che otterranno i numeri desiderati. La seconda ondata finirà per insinuarsi nel nostro vocabolario.

This guy is already certain that there will be the so-called new wave. According to many virologists, the virus has weakened or is even dying. Nothing lasts forever 

56 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Honestly I have the money to ride out a skirmish. I have zero debt and a good sized bank account and money on hand. With the skirmish can come peace of mind to Taiwan and all of the countries who the Chinese in the SE China Asian sea are bullying. I would love to see Tibet let free too. there is a price to pay for freedom against bullies sometimes. And China is an arrogant cry baby bully.

I am in a similar situation - thankfully, but having worked in China for many years I don't want to see needless slaughter that war would bring, the "Chinese" people are just like us to a large extent, slaves for a regime, the regime in China is the (minority) CCP (ruling Political party), the average Chinese are not high ranking party members and are used and abused at will, they would be the cannon fodder that you would like to see in a "skirmish", to bring peace to the mentioned nations & piece of mind to your good-self ???? The ruling elites would remain in power regardless, as they have in the West despite countless wars. I'm sure many nations look at the USA and have a similar view about them as you do the Chinese.

Nobody said life was fair and just! :shock1:

35 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

She is correct and furthermore even if you had an existing policy insurers said they would deny claims relating to Covid because insurance was to cover unplanned/unknown events and travelling after Covid became known about  would invalidate cover.

Correct 

All policy after January 23 were revised. 

If you have an annual policy pre that date, possibilities are you will be covered. 

A thai friend suggested AXA would issue a monthly coverage policy. 

I've said it many times on here why don't the government issue insurance coverage in the ticket tax price?

• Like 1

Thailand rely on tourist. The Chinese will come but they will not spend money at they stated. The Koreans will come but as long as they have problems in their country they will not come in waves just to play golf.  The Western countries are the money making countries. They spend money when they come.  Look at the expat they have here now. Giving out what little money they have and the Thai don’t give a damn about you. No money, No honey is their motto.  So to sum it up, what does Thailand have other than sex bars. If it was not for the bars in this country, why would anyone want to visit other than playing golf?

6 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

To top it off Chinese are known to be the cheapest group by country. They spend for their rooms and not much else.

Bad move.

You certainly don't see them openly spending their money because they are on package tours.

However they certainly splash out on the duty free when departing. 

XO cognac, smokes.

This is where the government actually records the big spending. 

King Power...