Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

rooster59

30 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

A "containment" strategy, as was used on the USSR, would likely be enough to get the CCP removed from power - or, at least, reverse their expansion of power outside the borders of China.  How long they would continue to hang-on in that situation - like the North Korean regime does - is hard to predict.  But given the Chinese people have much better idea of "how the rest of the world lives" than North Koreans, I doubt it would take that long.  I don't see a land-war type strategy working against China.

The question is, will the USA and other Western nations unite in that effort?

I honestly don't care anymore. time to cut the evil red dragons throat. Any way that is appropriate!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

For tourists who don't look like they're ready to give birth to twins tomorrow? ????

One in 10 Covid-19 patients with diabetes die within a week, study finds

The researchers looked at more than 1,300 coronavirus patients in 53 hospitals in France between March 10 and March 31. Most -- 89% -- had Type 2 diabetes; 3% had Type 1 diabetes; and the rest had other forms of the disease. A majority of the patients were men and the average age of all the patients in the study was 70.

Those with sleep apnea and shortness of breath faced triple the risk of death by day seven and obese patients with diabetes were also more likely to die, researchers said.

Important to look at the other data:
1) Sample included only those sick enough to be hopsitalized
2) "Average Age" of that sample was 70 years old

3) Obesity is often associated with diabetes, and leads to breathing problems (sleep apnea) by itself, so not surprising a resperatory illness would be a bad combination.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Traubert said:

Nobody disappeared when trying to warn of a virus. Nobody got locked in their homes. No travel was restricted within China before outside.

Did Trump mention bleach? Damn right he did, at a press conference on film.

Trump, (whom I do not like) did not suggest "injecting bleach" as you claimed.  And your statements about China are ridiculous.  We watched it unfold.  They were called-out on this behavior in real-time.  We aren't going to "just forget" because the press over here didn't report it. 

In the modern age, the powerful cannot just bury things - like Tienanmen Square was swept under the rug, because international "business interests" didn't want it to get in the way of using all that cheap labor the CPP had on-offer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I honestly don't care anymore. time to cut the evil red dragons throat. Any way that is appropriate!

For most people McCarthyism and reds under the beds disappeared with the last millennium. You really need to move on.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Thailand will be kissing the side of their Chinese Master's obedient ring.

Half the population are of Chinese ethnicitynd are the economic brains of the country. Provided Thailand remains democratic it has nothing to lose.

23 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

For tourists who don't look like they're ready to give birth to twins tomorrow? ????

One in 10 Covid-19 patients with diabetes die within a week, study finds

I 100 percent understand your point, and it's probably 100 percent true.  The only reason why this is all going on, by and large, is the hospitals will be overwhelmed by old sick people, and people who get clobbered on a motorcycles end up dying, or cancer treatments stop, or all the nurses and doctors get sick and cannot work and provide care, etc. etc. etc.  

People who don't look after themselves are causing all kinds of problems.  Now allow me to disclaim that some people who look like they are ready to give birth to twins tomorrow they cannot help a medical condition they may have so they cannot exercise.  

7 hours ago, madmen said:

Too bad if you're European or USA , won't be seeing the GF for a couple of years, but no worry she wait you come back 

Dont worry. I'm keeping her company until you get back.

6 hours ago, baansgr said:

True, they never complain about double pricing..all the Temples, parks etc are full of Chinese at 500 a pop.....look in the outlet malls and Central etc...All Chinese.....old whitey is usually found in the 20 baht shop or night market.

That is true. I was at the naklua fish market. The lobsters that the chinese gobble up at 1600 bht a pop could not even be given away at 600 bht.

9 hours ago, andre47 said:

Yes, you are right...they will not open to western countries, except maybe Australia and New Zealand and some other who have the virus under control.

Look at the fools in Europe and the US. It is a mess...many people are just selfish and reckless. They even don't want to wear a mask to protect others. I am very disappointed about my own compatriots and all the other western countries. Asia will become the strongest region of the world in future. Good night US..good night Europe. 

You obviously watch too much tv. The numbers flawed. The overall deaths from January to now in the whole of the West are the same or lower than the last previous 3 years (especially 2017). Your comment is heard mentality at it's best. You can follow the main stream media (propaganda) or you can follow the science. It's even scientifically proven that wearing a mask is detrimental to your health/immune system. A mask is like putting a chain link fence to stop a mosquito. Yes the CV-19 is more contagious than a normal flu but it's no deadlier. 88% of the people that have died, actually died with the Cv NOT from it. Even the test kits are not designed for testing for a coronavirus and basically if you have have a previous flu shot then you could show as having CV-19 due to the animal organs that they put in the vaccine. It's all flawed and blown out of proportion. Don't rely on the tv to become informed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

Yes. Show me it.

New Delhi| On Tuesday, Chinese President Xi Jinping ordered Chinese forces to strengthen the training of troops and to be ready for war amid COVID-19 pandemic’s visible impact on the planet’s most populous country’s national security.

Google is your friend for  future reference ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

BS. Impossible!

We only have nice Chinese immigrants in the UK. All run takeaways. Good food. I can remember spending the night with a Chinese lady who ran a takeaway, In the middle of the night her son crawled into the bottom of the bed, She put her foot behind him and booted him out. Very considerate to her guests.

Best Chinese takeaways are in Glasgow.

1 hour ago, andre47 said:

No, the Thais are clever, they just try to make the best out of their position. Thailand is in comparison to China a small country and it is better to have China as a friend and not as an enemy. The US can treat China as an enemy, but for Thailand this would be too dangerous.

I agree on that.  They have done a good job, historically, of maintining their independence in the presense of larger powers.  As well, the West was selling-out to China, so Thailand had every reason to feel betrayed and abandoned, as the West's trade-deficits fueled the CCP's military expansion. 

I assure you, I do not want Thailand "assimialted" by those running the West (who sold out their own citizens) OR China - but the latter appears to be the primary threat at the present time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Emdog said:

"The country could get an edge versus other countries in the world that were not ready for tourism."

Edge like a straight razor at your own throat. Yeah, undo measures that helped keep numbers low here.

Only accept tourists coming from countries that won't let them back in without quarantine.

Idea of medical certificates is absurd. Think of cottage industries of forged documents like old days on KS Road.

What about not closing to Chinese in January and February.  Wouldn't you expect a lot of infections at that time?

If the government were to test as many people as the UK (similar population size), how many cases would you see then? Minimal deaths in thailand as population in general is younger than in europe or USA 

3 hours ago, Blumpie said:

I really find this hard to believe that any country would be irresponsible enough to let their citizens travel.  

Hope that I"m wrong, but I don't see this happening.  Just because Thailand wants it doesn't mean anything.  

I hope that most countries do not remove the RIGHT to travel freely from their citizens. Do we all want to become like North Korea, Cuba, the old Soviet Union where the government allowed you to leave your country.

Enough xenophobia in the world already.  No need to promote more of the "us vs them" mentality.  Most infections are within the country at this point as the virus is established everywhere. We will not be able to eradicate it at this time without a vaccine which can take years.

11 hours ago, andre47 said:

Yes, you are right...they will not open to western countries, except maybe Australia and New Zealand and some other who have the virus under control.

Look at the fools in Europe and the US. It is a mess...many people are just selfish and reckless. They even don't want to wear a mask to protect others. I am very disappointed about my own compatriots and all the other western countries. Asia will become the strongest region of the world in future. Good night US..good night Europe. 

Masks have been mandatory in several European countries and a number of US states since weeks.

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think we can all see the writing on the wall that Thailand will be closed to any western country for the forseeable future. And as for each Chinese tourists spending 50,000 baht a visit on Thai goods and food on a Chinese organised coach trip, I think they are dreaming

They buy cheap from 7. They eat small. I eat like a tank

UK is being ban from thailand because it's a high rist country they are allowing the filth of the world in to thailand the filth of the world have kill 10s of thousands of people and thailand welcoming  them with open arms like if nothing have happen at was 100 % they was going to let the filth back in first the people of uk can say bye bye Thailand and stick your country up your ass and other countrys should do the same there are much better countrys in the world then u and not all about greed and Chinese 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

With this picture if a problem, I swear I will fight against his philosophy. If he passes away, more better for the world. Good riddance if he passes away!

Looks like he needs some chop suey and chips down him.

Another good thread ruined by unrelated ramblings. 

Why is George Floyd being discussed here ? 

I totally get why Thailand would accept Chinese tourists but it’s at a huge risk . Who actually believes they are below 5k deaths!?

I wish the U.K. just lied like them... Oh yeah , the UK government is constantly lying and it still can’t cover up their absolute ineptitude at dealing with the crisis. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, belfast3 said:

I don't think any country trying to stimulate tourism can be too choosey on which nations they allow in. People all over the world aren't exactly itching to get away on holiday to Thailand this year. 

They weren,t exactly itching to get over here before covid,was in pattaya jan-feb,it was like the dawn of the dead,the corona inadmissible be the last straw for a lot of peope.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, andre47 said:

And who are your compatriots?? And Asia will be the strongest region in the world. Can I have some of what your taking please.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

received this when i contacted an agent.  thai girlfriend wants to go home this summer....

The plans that cover covid-19 are the safe travels plans.  Note that you must pre-certify in the case of covid-19 coverage (that is, you call the insurance company first before seeking testing or treatment).

Safe Travels Outbound Cost Saver will cost $101 and Safe Travels Outbound will cost $118 for three months coverage with same $500,000 maximum and $250 deductible.

To purchase the Safe Travels Outbound Cost Saver plan, use the link below:
https://americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/buy-safe-travels-outbound-cost-saver.asp

To purchase the Safe Travels Outbound plan, use the link below:
https://americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/buy-safe-travels-outbound.asp

there were a few other carriers with travel health insurance for shorter terms that would cover covid19.  two to four weeks cover (with other coverages for tourism included) was around $50. 

Thanks for that, will take a look. Am currently locked in NZ and so far tried many outfits including AXA Thailand all saying "no way".