BANGKOK
rooster59

Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

11 minutes ago, Fallangpakwan said:

Speaking of the $100K insurance required does anyone know of an insurance company that will provide it.

My daughter was telling me after a  certain date could have been in Jan they all stopped doing it in the UK I dont know now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Traubert said:

Why should war break out?

Because a certain excuse for a man wants one to save his Presidency. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They can do what they like as long as I can escape from this prison and get back home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

It is going to be way toooo much to see thousands upon thousands of Chinese running amok. It looks more and more and more that if war breaks out, Thailand will be kissing the side of their Chinese Master's obedient ring. 

Remember WWII and Thailand's (we've never been conquered) appeasement to the Japanese?  Same, same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

True, they never complain about double pricing..all the Temples, parks etc are full of Chinese at 500 a pop.....look in the outlet malls and Central etc...All Chinese.....old whitey is usually found in the 20 baht shop or night market.

Why not, when we know better. I seem to remember a saying of, 'A fool and his money are soon parted'. I don't think that has changed. On the other hand, we are not all skinflints or spending more on cheap seconds.

3 hours ago, wombat said:

when and if they are allowed out of their country....lets not forget

Uk citizens are allowed out.

This Tourism Official may be wanting the Chinese to return to Thailand, but....will the Chinese actually be A) Allowed to travel to Thailand ( or any other destination )by the Chinese Authorities B) Will the Chinese or any other Nationality feel safe travelling anywhere while Covid19 is still rampant around the Globe C) They, like everybody else will have shallow pockets for a while paying off personal debts incurred though the breakout.

New and uncertain times are ahead for many ( if not all Nations ) around the World, and time will tell what the  " new Norms " will be for everybody.

• Like 1

I keep looking at updates for international travel to thai.  I would love a date to look forward to so I can see my partner again, however, being from the UK I suspect I may be in for a long wait.  These new norms that keep being proposed are going to take some implementing (airlines, shops...) lots of headaches for all concerned.  Selfishly I feel like a kid that has been told Christmas is cancelled but the adult in me is trying to accept, and trying to be objective and positive.   This whole thing is like some Charlie Brooker,  Black Mirror episode.  Plenty of material for him to work with in the UK at the mo.

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

China and their taking over territory with moving in on more - China's C19 all over the world - China getting too bullish and big mouthed. Honestly I am not against a skirmish.

You want to start a war because someone is too noisy?

What if you get a bloody nose and it escalates?

• Sad 1

If you can explain the 140,00 PUI then I'll believe the official statistics. Who are they?

FB_IMG_1590281866919.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The chief of the Association of Thai Travel Agents has begged the government to let tourists from countries who have controlled the coronavirus pandemic flood back into Thailand.

Its not what I want to hear but its hardly surpising and not limited to Thailand. Greece and Spain are doing the same. However, I think that no matter who they let in, once that open up there will be new infections.

Thailand has a choice, either open up or stay closed. If they open up they are going to have to accept that the virus will flare up and down until a vaccine is found and that could be years off. If they stay closed, the tourist industry is finished for the foreseeable future.

Based on their current nervousness with minute numbers of deaths and infections, I suspect they will open up to a few countries and then close down again as soon as infections begin to rise.

Edited by KhaoYai

4 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Will these tourist need a letter that they are fit to travel and have 14 days quarantine when they arrive also with $100,000 worth of insurance including Covid-19 covers. 

Only if you're a farang supporting a Thai wife an/or kids and are locked out.
For the Chinese?  The Thai government will sound like Monty Hall on Let's Make A Deal.  "Chinese people!  Come On Down!"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1