BANGKOK
rooster59

Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

A second wave of the flu is burping up here and there in China. If these "tourists" have to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival, I doubt they will get the numbers the want. The second wave will eventually creep into our vocabulary.

• Like 1

A simple case of putting money before people's safety. China has just closed down another city because of a spike of infections and this clown wants to open he country up to them, this would set Thailand back after all the good work.

Posted (edited)

Probably safer to concentrate on domestic tourism for now, & businesses producing goods for export.  If another wave arrives from outside Thailand, it's back to square one with another lockdown.

And get the kids back to school.  Imported infections will scupper that.

Edited by Yorkshire Tea
  • Like 1

Bring in the people, that brought us the virus. Good guys in 😉 

Sorry I can't give a proper link to this, but gov.uk/topic/health/protection/infectious diseases states

'As of 19th March 2020, COVID 19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease'.

Thats the best I can read of a photo of an official UK HCID.

See the attached and see what you think?

IMG-20200530-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

China and their taking over territory with moving in on more - China's C19 all over the world - China getting too bullish and big mouthed. Honestly I am not against a skirmish.

Ha ha they couldn’t even beat Vietnam after VN had been hammered by the US. The CCP spread a virus and are now spreading like one themselves. Between the SCS Taiwan and all the other trouble they are making, it is reasonable to assume something might break soon.

Will Anuteen who has gone remarkably quiet these days, be on site to hand over virus masks to these elite tourists? What if someone burps "second wave". Will he resort to his invectives?

2 hours ago, CGW said:

That's great! take it you will be planning on being on the front line,"skirmishing" with the rest of the cannon fodder while those that instigated the "skirmish" will be safely hidden away safe in the knowledge they will not be part of the "collateral" damage?

Honestly I have the money to ride out a skirmish. I have zero debt and a good sized bank account and money on hand. With the skirmish can come peace of mind to Taiwan and all of the countries who the Chinese in the SE China Asian sea are bullying. I would love to see Tibet let free too. there is a price to pay for freedom against bullies sometimes. And China is an arrogant cry baby bully.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, connda said:

Remember WWII and Thailand's (we've never been conquered) appeasement to the Japanese?  Same, same.

If it gets to over in this sector the absolutely. 

26 minutes ago, Traubert said:

You want to start a war because someone is too noisy?

What if you get a bloody nose and it escalates?

You want to bend over for Chinese insertion and control?

1 hour ago, joe jadore said:

I Hope the Thai Government will buy the ONE MINUTE Covid19 tests the Israelis have invented for use at the AIRPORT!!!

None of us want to go through this BS again! Least of all the poor Thais, most of who are still dreaming about the 5k per month they never got!

The housekeeper got it, my son and wife got it, also her mother and sister got it. But that's only five, I really can't speak for the rest.

9 minutes ago, Jack Cook said:

Ha ha they couldn’t even beat Vietnam after VN had been hammered by the US. The CCP spread a virus and are now spreading like one themselves. Between the SCS Taiwan and all the other trouble they are making, it is reasonable to assume something might break soon.

Yep. It is looking that way and in all intensive purposes should go that way.

I think China still quarantines Chinese who come back from a trip abroad. Unless that changes as well, it's unlikely that many Chinese will come to Thailand.

2 hours ago, andre47 said:

I go out without being afraid to get sick... hehe

most of the bad things happen when people became too confident and lower their guard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1