Tourism official pushes for 1 July return of international tourists to Thailand

rooster59

On 5/30/2020 at 12:39 PM, Mango Bob said:

Will these tourist need a letter that they are fit to travel and have 14 days quarantine when they arrive also with $100,000 worth of insurance including Covid-19 covers.  They can get the virus here and bring it here just lie anyone else.  If those coming on work permit need it then everyone need it.  You open the gate to the Chinese and the situation will be worse then before. 

strange isnt it, no mention of 14 day quarantine, just letting them in, you would think the communist party of china are writing these articles now in the thai mdia

• Like 1

Just now, HerbyJFlash said:

Governor of tourism authority: “We have to look at the country of origin [of the travelers] to see if their situation has truly improved.”

For UK and US tourists..

For starters. Most South American, Middle Eastern, South Asian and many African countries would now fall into that category,

11 hours ago, tomauasia said:

A pandemic is not covered by insurance 

I have Aetna (previously Bupa) insurance in thailand and they made a point to email me to let me know all Covid tests and treatment were completely covered.

27 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

I have Aetna (previously Bupa) insurance in thailand and they made a point to email me to let me know all Covid tests and treatment were completely covered.

Let me know how that works out for you when there is actually a very bad pandemic. 

2 hours ago, andre47 said:

Yes, nothing is about to get back to normal until we have a vaccine. But even this is not sure because the virus will mutate all the time. It is same like the flu-virus (also a corona virus). We know the flu-virus already long time and there is no reliable vaccine yet. 

The flu virus is an influenza virus, definitely not a corona virus.

4 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

The flu virus is an influenza virus, definitely not a corona virus.

Yes, you are right. My mistake... but mutation will happen as well and it could be difficult to develop a vaccine which protects reliable against this virus.

Edited by andre47
completion

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A troll post has been removed. 

they lied before knowingly and willingly spreading the virus and caused  many deaths and economic problems .they will do the same again,treaty obligations see the south china sea and hk.by all means open up to travel in the region,s korea japan taiwan sinapore,malaysia ,vietnam ,philippines.its just what asia needs but this?its a blatant betrayal of the thai people and no sense of moral decency.ask the people of hk.you green light that too by an action such as this.supporting such a regime says a lot about you

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

they lied before knowingly and willingly spreading the virus and caused  many deaths and economic problems .they will do the same again,treaty obligations see the south china sea and hk.by all means open up to travel in the region,s korea japan taiwan sinapore,malaysia ,vietnam ,philippines.its just what asia needs but this?its a blatant betrayal of the thai people and no sense of moral decency.ask the people of hk.you green light that too by an action such as this.supporting such a regime says a lot about you

Wrong thread I think. This thread is about Thailand opening up it's borders.

I think there's a thread entitled "Worst Joke Ever". Maybe better posting it in there.

23 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Google is your friend for  future reference ..

Dont get Google in China.

War on the virus, I'd suggest.

China not being renowned for d$$$ swinging

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

You are writing nonsense, you are lying! You just want follow your political aims. But if you are lying you damage yourself. 

19 hours ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

UK is being ban from thailand because it's a high rist country they are allowing the filth of the world in to thailand the filth of the world have kill 10s of thousands of people and thailand welcoming  them with open arms like if nothing have happen at was 100 % they was going to let the filth back in first the people of uk can say bye bye Thailand and stick your country up your ass and other countrys should do the same there are much better countrys in the world then u and not all about greed and Chinese 

Gibberish.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Bring in the Chinese (communist China) who started the Wuhan Virus is some stupid thinking.

How many people can actually believe any of the pandemic statistics being spouted by communist China?

There is no way foreign govt's can investigate any pandemic claims coming out of a communist country.

Did the Wuhan virus simply disappear from the place where it first started?

How are there no dangers when there is no vaccine?

I think China would be at the very top of my list of who NOT to let back into Thailand.

China had millions of cases and not there did not all magically disappear.

Disaster waiting to happen in Thailand

China had 84,000 cases of which 79,900 recovered. Surprisingly because they do as they are told.

Try and get over the word 'communist.' China has been capitalist since it took all your industry.

Anyway, why should you even care? You dont live in Thailand any more as you gleefully told us

Edited by Traubert
Omission
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Points for the longest sentence ever though.

Probably bought a bad Chinese takeaway last night and is suffering for it now. We've all been there.

Fair point. I always wondered how dispeptics look in print.

I see a lot of posts ranting about how should be allowed in first.  The truth of matter is that I do not see any foreign is coming to Thailand starting on July 1.  Thailand need to act fast.  Otherwise, it is going to lose out to Vietnam. 

I am thinking about going to Vietnam as the country is going to open up on July 1.  i have not seen too much restrictions: 80 countries are on the list to be allowed in.

Anyway,  Thailand had better open up soon.  Any foreigner in is better than no foreigner.  Thai tourism biz is dying and many poor people here need some income to carry on with their life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

you might not, but those millions of zero-dollar tourists that may soon be flooding back to pattaya and phuket do!

if china can do testing, other nations certainly can as well.  didn't trump recently say america was winning on testing?  haven't we seen drive-thru testing centers in the usa?  i think austria is offering 3-hour tests for arrivals to circumvent 14-day quarantine, and emirates requires pre-boarding covid testing.  there may be other examples.

there might not be testing where you are NOW, but once countries start to open up, and flights are back on schedule, there WILL be tests available.  you don't think some enterprising company will take the first opportunity to open while-you-wait testing booths at shopping malls and air terminals?

hope you're right

Edited by paulikens

On 5/30/2020 at 6:56 AM, andre47 said:

Yes, you are right...they will not open to western countries, except maybe Australia and New Zealand and some other who have the virus under control.

Look at the fools in Europe and the US. It is a mess...many people are just selfish and reckless. They even don't want to wear a mask to protect others. I am very disappointed about my own compatriots and all the other western countries. Asia will become the strongest region of the world in future. Good night US..good night Europe. 

In Switzerland there hasn't been a general mask mandatory. Nevertheless, the number of infections has decreased to the same extent as in countries that require a mask. Masks can lead to a wrong feeling of safety and therefore to a wrong behaviour.  It does not mean masks are useless, it means masks are only useful under certain circumstances.

All I have seen is that Vietnam will issue visas to some groups of foreigners in July.

The articles did not specify the entry requirements as covid tests, quarantine etc.

I would love Vietnam to open up too or any other SEA country, because I need alternatives if Thailand does not open up. Lets wait and see if that really happens.

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

China had 84,000 cases of which 79,900 recovered. Surprisingly because they do as they are told.

Try and get over the word 'communist.' China has been capitalist since it took all your industry.

Anyway, why should you even care? You dont live in Thailand any more as you gleefully told us

Do you honestly believe any news coming out of Communist China?

Is it the Peoples Republic of China. Get it? Communist is every sense of the word.

If you believe the Chinese authorities, the country’s battle against the novel coronavirus is all but won. But that claim is clouded by a fog of skewed data, political imperatives—and unreported cases and possibly deaths.   time.com

Why do you care, what I care?

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2020 at 3:43 PM, Geoffggi said:

Never mind the Chinese think of your own people, July is way too early as it is still not safe to fully open the country from the inside or so we are informed by the government, therefore how is it possible to be ready to take on tourists from outside the country within four weeks.....????

Then you really don't know the Thai's. They will sell their soul for a profit.

Money talks!

54 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

McCarthy and reds under the beds is so last millennium. Get over your obsession that communist countries are all bad.

Who said they are bad?

We are talking about China, don't make up more stories.

Here it is again:

If you believe the Chinese authorities, the country’s battle against the novel coronavirus is all but won. But that claim is clouded by a fog of skewed data, political imperatives—and unreported cases and possibly deaths.   time.com

this would be the biggest mistake they can make... currently the new cases are happening with those quarantined after coming back from another country.

with the virus being under control here for a few months, letting people in from countries where the virus is still very active will just lead to more cases and renewed shutdown

On 5/30/2020 at 11:52 AM, Mavideol said:

which ones ?? can he provide a detailed list whom has it under control (not China,S Korea or Japan with some new cases) maybe Taiwan but that would not help much

Vietnam has had no reported case in the native population for 45 days.

(Meaning they've gotten a few while repatriating during that period, but they quarantine all when returning and there's been no spread from the infected).