Alleged drug dealer kills himself after police lay siege to his hideout

Alleged drug dealer kills himself after police lay siege to his hideout

By THE NATION

800_dc3daba9972f454.jpg

One of the alleged leading drug dealers killed himself after police laid siege to the house where he was hiding in Trang province.

Haron Usen, 40, a native of Phatthalung province had been absconding after an arrest warrant was issued for him for murder following a war between drug gangs in Phatthalung on September 5, 2019.

Police had tracked down the suspect to his parents’ house in Trang province and allegedly found 1,400 tablets of amphetamine when they raided the premises. However, they could not find him there.

Police from Kantang Police Station in Trang on Friday (May 29) laid siege to a house in Bangsak subdistrict in Kantang district belonging to his girlfriend.

Police said they tried to negotiate with the suspect for two hours to get him to surrender. Suddenly they heard a gunshot from the house. Police said when they entered the house they found the body of Haron lying on the floor with a bullet wound on the forehead and a .38 revolver lying near his body.

A news source from a local police station revealed that the deceased was one of the top 10 drug dealers in Trang province and was involved in several drug wars between gangs. “He had once said that he would rather be dead than be in police custody,” said the source.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388793

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-30

Prison in Thailand isn't supposed to be that bad if you have money, I'm guessing he was expecting a bad police beating or something, his fear of police custody seems pertinent. Personally, I'd have come out with guns blazing, at least that's what I like to think I'd do, no-one knows 'till you're actually in that situation. The long negotiation would suggest it wasn't an execution, Thaksin style.

Edited by nausea
Spelling

23 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Are these people really as dim as they seem to be ?  First he hides at his Mums place, then at his Girlfriends place; does he not think that the Cops will not be looking in those places first, or did he think he had paid someone enough money to be left alone ?

Well, it did take them 7 months to find him there.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:27 PM, trainman34014 said:

Are these people really as dim as they seem to be ?  First he hides at his Mums place, then at his Girlfriends place; does he not think that the Cops will not be looking in those places first, or did he think he had paid someone enough money to be left alone ?

Well it took the cops almost 9 months to find him

I guess dim witted runs on both sides of the law ????

On 5/30/2020 at 2:20 PM, nausea said:

Prison in Thailand isn't supposed to be that bad if you have money, I'm guessing he was expecting a bad police beating or something, his fear of police custody seems pertinent...

Agree.

Sounds like the police are with the rival gang who told the police to do their worst once he's in custody (ot to turn him over to them).