Inter Provincial Travel

Wandr

The report on further lockdown rules relaxation from June 1 does not make clear the status of inter provincial travel. I am particularly interested in travel between Chiang Mai and Chonburi provinces by car.

I hope members who do it themselves, or have reliable information, will post what the situation is. Is quarantine still required? Do police checkposts ask for any special documents, and so on.

I am sure people will also be interested in travel between other places.

• Like 1

I did the run last week, leaving Chiang Mai on Saturday morning, all the way to Pattaya no check point was manned by police, drove back to Chiang Mai, left Monday morning and only the check point between Thoen and Lamphang was manned all others no police all the way.

Chonburi by the way is not a risk province, therefore no quarantine needed.

safe drive. Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes i would also like to know. The BP this morning stated that inter provincial travel was at the discretion of individual provincial governors without giving any details for each province.

excellent buck passing by them. Don't tell others where the buck is, or what it is you are passing on to them, or when, but hold them responsible for it, whatever 'it' is;  perfect sloping shoulders governance.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Sad 2

The following is from The Nation's website today.  I am not sure what the last para means,  but the report suggests that it should be ok to travel:

Phase 3 of the easing of lockdown measures, which comes into effect from June 1, permits inter-province travel to allow people to return to normal life and help revive the economy.

Travel across provinces in phase 3 as published in the Government Gazette sets the following conditions:

▪︎No one should be out during curfew hours between 11pm and 3am the following day.

▪︎Passenger vehicles as well as those involved in public transport of people or goods that depart from a province before 11pm can arrive at the destination in another province after 3am the next day.

A guide to inter-provincial travel in Thailand under the COVID-19 control measures

Bangkok, 29 May, 2020, at 09.00 Hrs. – Following the second phase for easing the COVID-19 restrictions from 17 May onwards, Thailand has seen an increasing number of businesses and activities resume operations including interprovincial bus services to Thailand’s North, Northeast and East starting from 18 May.

To continue to be a part of the country’s effective disease control measures, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)

would like to remind all travellers to follow instructions from the Department of Land Transport as per the following.

• Plan for interprovincial travel in advance and factors in extra travelling time.

• Buy or book bus tickets in advance.

• Avoid buying tickets at the bus stations.

• Register the travel plan online at web.dlt.go.th/t8/ (currently in Thai only).

• Complete the T.8 form, including personal and health information, to allow health officials to keep track for medical checks.

• Wear a surgical or cloth mask throughout the journey, and frequently wash hands.

• Do not get off outside the designated stations.

The rules apply for interprovincial bus services on the Northern, Northeastern and Eastern routes, which started from 18 May.

For interprovincial bus services to Thailand’s South, The Transport Co., Ltd. has announced an extension of the temporary suspension until 30 June in accordance with the extended state of emergency.

For more information, please contact The Transport Co., Ltd. Call Centre 1490 (24 hours), or visit the website: www.transport.co.th, or follow the Facebook Page: borkorsor99. For bus schedules and ticketing, please visit www.busticket.in.th.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orang37 said:

I am still wondering if I can go to Lamphun and back without whatever.

thanks, ~o:37;

Went by car on 19th. Mostly on the 106. No road block on way down,maybe as it was 6am. Came back along same road, 106  a few km before the 108 intersection and the road block was now there at 9.30am but it was only a temp and no docs required.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

Went by car on 19th. Mostly on the 106. No road block on way down,maybe as it was 6am. Came back along same road, 106  a few km before the 108 intersection and the road block was now there at 9.30am but it was only a temp and no docs required.

116 not 106

On 6/1/2020 at 12:14 PM, Rama said:

What is unclear to me is whether there is a mandatory quarantine on return to Chiang Mai province. Has mandatory quarantine lifted from Chiang Mai?

In typical Thai fashion requirements that are a pain in the behind to enforce will eventually be ignored.  Well, unless you come to Chiang Mai and climb on the "ancient" Thapae Gate wall at which time they'll charge you with 'failure to abide by quarantine' as well as tossing the rest of the book at you.  Play by Thai rules, don't make waves, "Shhhh, shhhh", and all's well. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Anybody heard whether the 14 day quarantine is still in place in Chiang Mai. I want to come up from Bangkok for a few days next week, but of course won't if I get dumped in 14 day quarantine.

I returned to Chiang Mai earlier this week through Bangkok and there was no problem.

I drove,  encountered three or four checkpoints, and all waved me through.

Not even a speeding stop!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning to fly to CNX from BKK/DMK soon for business. I wonder if there is still restrictions requiring local guarantor upon arriving or 14 days quarantine.

I'm not sure if I'm going on a day trip or put up a night or two yet.

I also want to know if I can fly from BKK to Chiang Mai for a normal visit without having to quarantine.  When the rules were relaxed at the beginning of June, the news reports I read just mentioned that 'Thai people' from BKK and other provinces could now travel to Chiang Mai.  There was no clarification regarding expats who live in BKK or other provinces and haven't been out of the country recently, but the implications were that foreign expats were still being required to quarantine.  

Unforunately I don't know of any reliable way of getting an answer to this question.  I've checked all the domestic airline websites but no guidance there.

The rule was that health authorities can, according to their judgement, order any one who arrived from a "red" province (that had at least one case during the last 28 days) to enter quarantine.

Currently though, there are no red provinces. The whole country didn't experience even a single case for over 30 days.

Dial 1422 for the covid19 call center to get a formal up to date answer.

Edited by XGM