Thailand reports 1 new coronavirus case, no new deaths

rooster59

Thailand reports 1 new coronavirus case, no new deaths

2020-05-30T045213Z_1_LYNXMPEG4T06B_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: General view of the almost empty Khaosan Road, which is usually crowded with tourists, during the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Bangkok, Thailand, May 22, 2020. Picture taken May 22, 2020. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha -/File Photo

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reported one new coronavirus case on Saturday and no new deaths, taking the total number of infections to 3,077 as local transmission of the new virus appears to wane.

The new patient arrived in Thailand via a land border with Malaysia earlier this week and has been in quarantine, said Panprapa Yongtrakul, a spokeswoman for the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

Local infections have significantly slowed and over the last two weeks, 43 of 52 new cases were Thais who had arrived from abroad, Panprapa added.

The coronavirus has killed 57 people in Thailand since it was first detected in January.

(Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-30

Enjoy this spell of optimism and very low infection rates. If a second wave starts in the coming weeks or months, especially when international tourists are allowed here again, this will have been the calm before the storm, and we will look back on it fondly.

If the government truly believes that its dont test for Covid and we dont have Covid policy among its citizens is a genuine indication of the nationwide situation,why the need for social distancing and lockdowns and signing in at every chain store among a population that is supposedly virtually virus free.????

9 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Enjoy this spell of optimism and very low infection rates. If a second wave starts in the coming weeks or months, especially when international tourists are allowed here again, this will have been the calm before the storm, and we will look back on it fondly.

there is nothing to worry with 57 death in 4 months

as ... there was never a real risk to begin with ... CDC new numbers, 0.2 PERCENT DEATH RATE

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

there is nothing to worry with 57 death in 4 months

as ... there was never a real risk to begin with ... CDC new numbers, 0.2 PERCENT DEATH RATE

I guess we are really lucky living here. 

There are about 3 times that number of deaths in the uk - daily at the moment. Now they are beginning to ease lockdown restrictions. 

Thailand should keep the emergency decree, curfew, ban of alcohol in restaurants, closed beaches and whatever else for at least another 3 months. Oh what am I saying? They probably will anyway.

• Haha 2

Who benefits when there is a global crisis?   A lot of our may suggest the Bangkok elites....which is partly right.   The ones who really benefit are the global elite (how I hate saying that!) seems like the Rothschilds ET Al gain whether the world is on the way up or on the way down!  I would imagine to them Thailand is a grotty little backwater on the road to China. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sapson said:

If the government truly believes that its dont test for Covid and we dont have Covid policy among its citizens is a genuine indication of the nationwide situation,why the need for social distancing and lockdowns and signing in at every chain store among a population that is supposedly virtually virus free.????

I don't think testing is the largest culprit now. They have scaled it up behind the scenes, which is good. However, between testing and reporting there's the "confirmed by reference labs" hurdle before they show up in these daily propaganda numbers. 

The docs know the raw numbers, as do the usurpers. At least it looks like policy decisions might actually be based on some form of intelligence (that of the docs, usurpers ain't got any).

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

Does this mean I can have a glass of wine with my dinner now?

And other daily, fascile questions.............

Just a rumour, but.... 

One wine on Friday

One beer on Saturday

One short on Sunday

(Mon to Thurs no alcohol.) 

Could start from June 15th!

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

one more, maybe two months more lockdown required due to this one case

the UK is reporting almost 10,000 new cases (active symptoms) a day plus untold numbers of asymptomatic cases (untold due to testing issues). From what I've seen in pics mask use seems very hit and miss which imo has exasperated their problems (as well as other western countries). Until people start to be socially responsible, do yourself a favor Thailand and keep the hatches battened.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

the UK is reporting almost 10,000 new cases (active symptoms) a day plus untold numbers of asymptomatic cases (untold due to testing issues). From what I've seen in pics mask use seems very hit and miss which imo has exasperated their problems (as well as other western countries). Until people start to be socially responsible, do yourself a favor Thailand and keep the hatches battened.. 

That is a very big #almost#.       At * worldometers.info * they recorded for yesterday 2095 new cases for the UK. Guess you have a different source??? 

2 hours ago, garygooner said:
5 hours ago, Traubert said:

Does this mean I can have a glass of wine with my dinner now?

And other daily, fascile questions.............

Just a rumour, but.... 

One wine on Friday

One beer on Saturday

One short on Sunday

(Mon to Thurs no alcohol.) 

Could start from June 15th!

One bourbon

One scotch

and one beeeeer

1 hour ago, Paiman said:

That is a very big #almost#.       At * worldometers.info * they recorded for yesterday 2095 new cases for the UK. Guess you have a different source??? 

Kings County London and ZOE collaboration - 7:14 on Dr. John Campbell update a few days ago.. never heard of world o meters? but to each their own..

Great news, can you tell me how many people that have died of pneumonia in the last 4/5 months. Oh! And can you tell me how many people have died in Thailand over the same period. You can put road deaths in a separate column 

Edited by bluedoc
Spelling mistake by computer.

59 minutes ago, bluedoc said:

Great news, can you tell me how many people that have died of pneumonia in the last 4/5 months. Oh! And can you tell me how many people have died in Thailand over the same period. You can put road deaths in a separate column 

I'd like to see those numbers, too. Many people on here, too, from the comments. Thailand does not make that data public in the way that you and we would like to see it (month by month and broken down by type of death). If we had had that data, we could've save quite a lot of debate about whether C-19 is causing a bump in mortality here or whether Thailand somehow got missed.