AliExpress Items Not Arriving

edwinchester

Just seeking others experience of AliExpress this last 6 months.

I have bought 4 items since last December. Tracking says that they all left China but not one has been delivered to our house.

Have had refunds for 2 items and am about to request refunds for the other 2 as 60 days are now up.

Am I just unlucky or is this the new norm?

It's incredibly variable.

I've had untracked orders (low value) delivered within 2 weeks (in May), meanwhile I have other orders from March which appear to be "stuck".

• Like 1

I received a refund for an order stuck in China at the end of the 60d period (at end of April), then the package arrived on 19 May...

I informed the seller, asked him about shipping back on his cost, he said that would cost him more than the value of the items... and since I still can use them, we agreed on a 55% discount 

In my experience (although often cheap) delivery times have been weeks to months forever.  My order were always small and most made it in the end but no consistency at all.  Lazada was more expensive when many of the items started to appear there but shipments within 10 days to two weeks consistently and these days prices seem better and just use them and Shopee.

21 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

In my experience (although often cheap) delivery times have been weeks to months forever.  My order were always small and most made it in the end but no consistency at all.  Lazada was more expensive when many of the items started to appear there but shipments within 10 days to two weeks consistently and these days prices seem better and just use them and Shopee.

Mostly agree with you, but right now, Lazada also has problems with deliveries from China. But of course, if I find an item on Lazada and in Thailand,  price is (almost) secondary

24 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Mostly agree with you, but right now, Lazada also has problems with deliveries from China. But of course, if I find an item on Lazada and in Thailand,  price is (almost) secondary

Admit have been trying to buy products in Thailand but my three orders for items from China from Lazada this month took 16, 12 and 12 days.

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Just seeking others experience of Ali Express

Had 1 item delivered yesterday they have extended another item until July.

C19 have messed things up what do you expect.

• Like 1

ordered an item, money came out straight away, heard nothing for a week so asked what was happening, seller said they had sold out so I asked for a refund and said I would get it from another seller. Ordered from another seller and the original seller sent me a tracking number 2 days after they told me they had sold out, watched the tracking, it was in Thailand in 4 days then they said it had been delivered to me but tracking said it was in another region at Bangkok, I live in Surat Thani, went back in and asked what was going on, no answer for 2 weeks so I put up a bitch mentioning the name of the seller as well as showing tracking info on aliexpress facebook page, next day they said that there was a delivery problem and asked if I wanted to get it again or a refund through paypal, I asked for the refund so will see what happens. This is the worst service I have had from aliexpress, usually pretty good, even during the lock down I got my orders, will see if the other one I ordered arrives now.....

First item i ever ordered from Ali took 6 months , i had already got a refund and ordered it from elsewhere at a higher cost, i never expected after 2 months it would show !!

Recently gave them another go, 1 package received after 2 weeks, another after 23 days, last package has been 20 days and estimate ends tomorrow (still showing accepted by airline ).

So, in my experience they usually get here but take a while.

If it is something i would like sooner than later i go Lazada.

4 minutes ago, SteveK said:

A quick look on my Lazada order page shows about 20% of my orders not arriving also. Isn't it the same company?

Same ownership but different platforms.

image.jpeg.07dd266e79624c3fdef004da523ba773.jpeg

Edited by lopburi3

Shopee, lazada, aliexpress are all part of the Alibaba group . They all allow the chinese sellers to create fake shipping notices to keep your money, aliexpress are also refusing to let customers instigate disputes. 

• Like 1

My last 7 orders over approx 3 month from different Chinese sellers on Lazada.

5 of them got cancelled weeks after placing the order.

The other 2 had the wrong items.

All this and the other posts in this thread give a very good impression about how China is lying that everything is back to normal.

Very few businesses are operative again in China

Deliveries from Aliexpress are usually pretty quick however it foes depend on what delivery service you use - if you pay for a slow shipping service you will get a slow shipping service

However Covid coinceided with Chinese New Year in Feb -no packages were sent from China for around 6 weeks

I;m still waiting for stuff i ordered 7 weeks ago but then received a package i ordered 7 days earlier

Covid has had a major impact on delivery services worldwide - some packages have taken 3 months to arrive to the UK

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up - last purchase I made was via Lazada and it took about 9 days from China, but generally I go straight for Aliexpress and I don't like waiting for refunds much.

I have made several purchases from Aliexpress recently.  All of them are taking at least 45 days to arrive.  They get shipped out within a day or so, go to Singapore and then onward.  At this point there is a long delay between Singapore and Thailand which is at least a month with no updates to tracking.  Anything else that I order elsewhere arrive in good time including Amazon from the US in a week or less.  I can find no way to contact Aliexpress.  Their Chat is with an AI.  Incomplete example attached.

Does anyone know why Aliexpress is so slow?

Capture.JPG

Independent Sino-Thai sea freight usually takes somewhere around 2 weeks, take or add. Definitely the Singapore detour cost time.

Smaller items I always ask aliexpress seller send FedEx, usually arrive Bangkok within 3 days for recent orders

• Like 1

I ordered something in February and it finally arrived in late May.

Another order from about the same time is still somewhere in transit.

I also had another order which according to the tracking page still has to be picked up. I had it already delivered...

All together my only conclusion is that in the moment the whole delivery and tracking is unreliable. Let's wait and see.

• Like 1

As a follow up I placed an order with Lazada for an item in China.

Ordered late at night 26th May and it arrived this morning 2nd June. Pretty good imo and at a loss why Aliexpress takes weeks longer or fail to deliver at all.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:03 PM, Crossy said:

It's incredibly variable.

I've had untracked orders (low value) delivered within 2 weeks (in May), meanwhile I have other orders from March which appear to be "stuck".

I have exactly the same experience, sometimes I ask my money back, and a few days later the packet arrive.

But the last 6 weeks I don't order there  anymore, to much hassle.

First try at Lazada, make choice for "local" otherwise you'll have the same problems.

2 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

First try at Lazada, make choice for "local" otherwise you'll have the same problems.

Actually most reports here and my own experience is that Lazada orders from China are not taking much longer than normal, 4 or 5 days extra at most.  I am sure that is not true of every dealer but in general Lazada seems to be much more reliable during Covid-19 than Aliexpress reports - and I know it was almost always better before Covid-19.

14 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

As a follow up I placed an order with Lazada for an item in China.

Ordered late at night 26th May and it arrived this morning 2nd June. Pretty good imo and at a loss why Aliexpress takes weeks longer or fail to deliver at all.

That is good going, 7 days, Lazada would typically take 6 days from China for me but 11 days recently.

Aliexpress is annoying , currently awaiting an item ( tracking still says “ shipment accepted by airline “ ) I ordered May 10th and was due between May 21 and May 31.

Telling me to wait until July 9 before contacting support . 2 other items I ordered from Ali , at the same time, arrived in reasonable time.
Sometimes the cheaper option is not worth it !!

Best option if have a trustworthy Chinese-speaking friend arrange independent sea-freight, eg. send to Chinese warehouses what we called Ji Yun Cang(集运仓) for bulk containers straight to Bangkok...

I got my items consistenly around 2 weeks, take or add. Today got my authentic HX35 spooly snaily and some welding supplies for a combined shipping fee of 200 baht. 

For small items just pay a small extra and had seller send FedEx.

Edited by Coremouse

Wait until the time is about to run out, then open a dispute with Aliexpress and say the item is still in transit. Magically, a few days later, the item will suddenly find its way from Singapore to Thailand Post. Then Aliexpress will overrule your dispute.  I think there are simply so many packages and so few flights that until someone complains the orders just sit in a warehouse.  Of course, It could simply be a coincidence, but this pattern has repeated itself 4 times for me on items that just seem stuck permanently in Singapore.

14 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Oh !! come on everything normal for you in 2020. 

Ever heard of Covid 19 ?

Have you ever heard of an intelligent reply?

Please go troll somewhere else.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Monomial said:

Wait until the time is about to run out, then open a dispute with

Ali Express and say the item is still in transit. Magically, a few days later, the item will suddenly find its way from Singapore to Thailand Post.

Thanks for info but I have never been let down by Ali Express I ordered in April and Ali Express have just emailed me to say "the seller has extended Purchase Protection for you".

They have been notifying all the time about C19 delays which is pretty obvious of why to me being so intelligent. ????