BANGKOK
edwinchester

AliExpress Items Not Arriving

Just seeking others experience of AliExpress this last 6 months.

I have bought 4 items since last December. Tracking says that they all left China but not one has been delivered to our house.

Have had refunds for 2 items and am about to request refunds for the other 2 as 60 days are now up.

Am I just unlucky or is this the new norm?

It's incredibly variable.

I've had untracked orders (low value) delivered within 2 weeks (in May), meanwhile I have other orders from March which appear to be "stuck".

• Like 1

I received a refund for an order stuck in China at the end of the 60d period (at end of April), then the package arrived on 19 May...

I informed the seller, asked him about shipping back on his cost, he said that would cost him more than the value of the items... and since I still can use them, we agreed on a 55% discount 

In my experience (although often cheap) delivery times have been weeks to months forever.  My order were always small and most made it in the end but no consistency at all.  Lazada was more expensive when many of the items started to appear there but shipments within 10 days to two weeks consistently and these days prices seem better and just use them and Shopee.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Have to agree with Lopburi too, Lazada and Shopee now have comparable prices with AliExpress on a lot of items although less choice.

21 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

In my experience (although often cheap) delivery times have been weeks to months forever.  My order were always small and most made it in the end but no consistency at all.  Lazada was more expensive when many of the items started to appear there but shipments within 10 days to two weeks consistently and these days prices seem better and just use them and Shopee.

Mostly agree with you, but right now, Lazada also has problems with deliveries from China. But of course, if I find an item on Lazada and in Thailand,  price is (almost) secondary

24 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Mostly agree with you, but right now, Lazada also has problems with deliveries from China. But of course, if I find an item on Lazada and in Thailand,  price is (almost) secondary

Admit have been trying to buy products in Thailand but my three orders for items from China from Lazada this month took 16, 12 and 12 days.

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Just seeking others experience of Ali Express

Had 1 item delivered yesterday they have extended another item until July.

C19 have messed things up what do you expect.

• Like 1

ordered an item, money came out straight away, heard nothing for a week so asked what was happening, seller said they had sold out so I asked for a refund and said I would get it from another seller. Ordered from another seller and the original seller sent me a tracking number 2 days after they told me they had sold out, watched the tracking, it was in Thailand in 4 days then they said it had been delivered to me but tracking said it was in another region at Bangkok, I live in Surat Thani, went back in and asked what was going on, no answer for 2 weeks so I put up a bitch mentioning the name of the seller as well as showing tracking info on aliexpress facebook page, next day they said that there was a delivery problem and asked if I wanted to get it again or a refund through paypal, I asked for the refund so will see what happens. This is the worst service I have had from aliexpress, usually pretty good, even during the lock down I got my orders, will see if the other one I ordered arrives now.....

First item i ever ordered from Ali took 6 months , i had already got a refund and ordered it from elsewhere at a higher cost, i never expected after 2 months it would show !!

Recently gave them another go, 1 package received after 2 weeks, another after 23 days, last package has been 20 days and estimate ends tomorrow (still showing accepted by airline ).

So, in my experience they usually get here but take a while.

If it is something i would like sooner than later i go Lazada.

my order about 2 weeks ago has not been shipped ali sent me a message that if it isn't shipped in4 days they will cancel the order and give me a refund unless I want to wait longer 

A quick look on my Lazada order page shows about 20% of my orders not arriving also. Isn't it the same company?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SteveK said:

A quick look on my Lazada order page shows about 20% of my orders not arriving also. Isn't it the same company?

Same ownership but different platforms.

image.jpeg.07dd266e79624c3fdef004da523ba773.jpeg

Edited by lopburi3

Shopee, lazada, aliexpress are all part of the Alibaba group . They all allow the chinese sellers to create fake shipping notices to keep your money, aliexpress are also refusing to let customers instigate disputes. 

• Like 1

My last 7 orders over approx 3 month from different Chinese sellers on Lazada.

5 of them got cancelled weeks after placing the order.

The other 2 had the wrong items.

All this and the other posts in this thread give a very good impression about how China is lying that everything is back to normal.

Very few businesses are operative again in China