BANGKOK

How much can you make teaching online?

How much do online teachers make?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

The 40something a month salary in Thailand kinda sucks, right?

Is the grass really greener online?

If you teach online, how much do you earn a month?

Edited by 2009

21 minutes ago, simon43 said:

100,000+ thb, but I limit my teaching hours nowadays - used to earn about 150,000 thb per month, but it was tiring!

Can I ask what you taught? Were most of your students Thai?

I have 1 Thai student in Surat Thani. I have about 50 other one-on-one students in the USA, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Russia, Ukraine, Germany, Israel, Brazil etc etc.  I teach ESL-with-science to elementary grade students, also some robotic, Arduino, maths and French lessons.

• Like 2

Now this is interesting I was thinking online teaching would only get about 20-30k tops

• Like 2

On 5/31/2020 at 5:41 PM, simon43 said:

100,000+ thb, but I limit my teaching hours nowadays - used to earn about 150,000 thb per month, but it was tiring!

This post grants you a seat with the government.   Staying close to the truth is instant qualification.

• Like 1

100-140K, every month for the over the past two years. Teaching English to Chinese kids. It’s a thankless task, and I hate it, but it’s possible. I know a few people who have been making 200K a month since Xmas.

There are plenty of companies out there where you can make 100K+ you need to be lucky and hard work to succeed, some people can just hit a gold seam after joining a company, others either fail to be assigned lessons or just get a couple of lessons a night.

I don’t understand why anyone would say that it’s not possible. I can prove it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

Now this is interesting I was thinking online teaching would only get about 20-30k tops

Depends what you teach and how you teach. 

I have a friend making many multiples of $1000 a month from online courses.  He records the lessons once and sells them 1000's of times.

Whatever the pay grade right now is, if you're not already established, it is very hard to get a foothold in the online market :The providers are swamped with applications due to the Pandemic. 

• Like 2