What do online teachers earn per hour?

What is the hourly rate of an online teacher?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Many companies say they pay a decent hourly rate but it ends up being much less due to....whatever reason they make up.

If you teach online...what do you actually make in an hour?

Edited by 2009

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

no

Yes, I can set my own rate, but then no one would ever book me!

I have been with the same school for over 5 years, and this is their way of not paying me more. I can say I want a higher price and they will let me set it high, but I won't get any bookings. 400 baht an hour is the norm, there or there abouts.

Many on here say they get 20 dollars an hour, but I have never found a company that pays that. ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Denim said:

Simon gets about 10,000 baht an hour or thereabouts. Wouldn't get out of bed for less.  He will be along to confirm this shortly. 

LoL, if you mean me, then I've been told by other online teachers that my rate is rather low, being in the $19-21 per hour bracket.  I mostly teach privately now, but still work for 2 Chinese companies who pay $23.40/hour and $20/hour.  I'm winding down the $23.40 company and filling their vacant slots with private students.

From following the Facebook groups, it seems that some of the Chinese companies are slashing pay rates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1