Open beaches, low price rooms...but can I get there?

moontang

15 minutes ago, champers said:

If you are keen enough to come here, you can always find a way. 

I would rather wait an extra week than taxicab to Patts or HH,but if I was a two week millionaire, I would just get a taxi from the departure area at BKK.  

Edited by moontang

10 hours ago, moontang said:

Is airport bus service running?, or busses from Ekami?  

Not much need for the airport service I guess, but Rung Ruen buses are apparently running. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I can appreciate being thrifty, but are you saying that a 1000 bht taxi is keeping you from Pattaya? Wow....

No, it would be more like the large number of pretentious, loser expats, who actually believe it is they, who set the price standards for transport and entertainment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Buses from Ekami are in your price range then,or are you just stiring?

They are on a revised schedule, but that may be the best alternative.  Are they currently running from Mo Chit?

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is it one or two per day, 4 or 5 hours ride? :biggrin:

2 hours and 28 minutes from Bangkok...not running today.  Neither is the three hour train to HH.  

52 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, paying 1000 bht is pretentious, ahahahaaa oh man, you're the basic Cheap Charlie.....enjoy

No, paying it isn't, commenting on someone else's choice to take the safer and roomier bus and saving 900 THB is.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TacoKhun said:

plenty minibuses from victory monument

The HuaHin vans were cleared out several years ago, with most of the others at VM.  You seen Pattaya vans there recently?  There or Mo Chit would be convenient for me.

1 hour ago, TacoKhun said:

plenty minibuses from victory monument

You take your life in your hands if you do this.  I did it once, never again. But the route is probably a lot quieter now than when I did it but doesn't mean it is safer. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, allanos said:

You take your life in your hands if you do this.  I did it once, never again. But the route is probably a lot quieter now than when I did it but doesn't mean it is safer. 

Quit using them about a 18 months ago, but would make an exception if bus service is sporadic.  

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Grab a cab if you really wanna go.

Too expensive ? (Is this not the kind of tourist we don't really want)

Wants and reality are different things, just ask the thousands lining up for food giveaways.  Some of you seem to have forgotten that enforcement of decades old savings deposit rules caused the biggest disruption to expat life since the end of the Vietnam War, and the epicenter of the commotion was the Jomtien Immigration Office. You and your partners enjoy your fake Western food and drinks made with a thimble..I like spicy Thai food, cold beer, and hot girls...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, moontang said:

Wants and reality are different things, just ask the thousands lining up for food giveaways.  Some of you seem to have forgotten that enforcement of decades old savings deposit rules caused the biggest disruption to expat life since the end of the Vietnam War, and the epicenter of the commotion was the Jomtien Immigration Office. You and your partners enjoy your fake Western food and drinks made with a thimble..I like spicy Thai food, cold beer, and hot girls...

disruption

epicentre

fake food

drinks made with thimbles 

Your experience of Pattaya is very different from mine and makes me wonder why you want to go if this is your opinion of it. 

For what it's worth the train leaves Hualamphong Mon to Fri at 6.55 am on the dot and arrives between 10.30 and 12.00. Very cheap and very pleasant if you have the time. 

I did not realise the vans (mini-buses) still left from Victory Monument I thought they had been chased to Morchit years ago. I think some still leave from Ekamai. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, moontang said:

I would rather wait an extra week than taxicab to Patts or HH,but if I was a two week millionaire, I would just get a taxi from the departure area at BKK.  

You don't have to be a millionaire to afford a 1000 baht taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya. 

• Like 1

For reference, please note weather forecast for Pattaya this coming week:-

Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri, Thailand
Sunday
Scattered thunderstorms
Scattered thunderstorms
°C | °F
Precipitation: 50%
Humidity: 73%
Wind: 23 km/h

Sun
Thunderstorm
32°
27°
Mon
Scattered thunderstorms
31°
27°
Tue
Scattered thunderstorms
31°
27°
Wed
Scattered thunderstorms
31°
27°
Thu
Scattered thunderstorms
31°
27°
Fri
Scattered thunderstorms
31°
27°
Sat
Scattered thunderstorms
31°
27°
Sun
Scattered thunderstorms
31°
27°
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rott said:

disruption

epicentre

fake food

drinks made with thimbles 

Your experience of Pattaya is very different from mine and makes me wonder why you want to go if this is your opinion of it. 

For what it's worth the train leaves Hualamphong Mon to Fri at 6.55 am on the dot and arrives between 10.30 and 12.00. Very cheap and very pleasant if you have the time. 

I did not realise the vans (mini-buses) still left from Victory Monument I thought they had been chased to Morchit years ago. I think some still leave from Ekamai. 

SRT website says different.

Screenshot_20200531-205940.png

21 hours ago, moontang said:

Not according to their website..see link in OP.

I did say not the airport. There are no passenger flights.

I looked at the website for Ekamai,  a couple of times, not good at supplying up to date information. 

Edited by jacko45k