BANGKOK
seajae

no group dining?

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Are you sure? Only 1 person per table, even if they live together in the same house?

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. They all deserve to go out of business permanently (and they will) if this nonsense continues.

I know the government here aren't the brightest but I didn't think them so utterly stupid that they would split members of the same family between tables only to return home together after the meal.

It is not the government.

At a restaurant in Homepro recently I sat with the missus - other people sat together on other tables. I did remove the cardboard divider as I wasn’t prepared to have a meal with that obstruction. The staff did not stop me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

I think they probably did.

The government certainly didn’t say one person per table - it was a case of that restaurant’s interpretation of social distancing.

I have not read the exact rules, but I would wonder why a business would make up their own rules to the disadvantage of their own business.

I know in Thailand everyone makes up their own rules, but they are usually to their own advantage.

• Like 1

McDonalds here in Samui allow two people per table for four, but you have to sit diagonally from each other so that you  are not face to face.  

They have actually stuck red crosses on the other two seats, and on the table to indicate where you should not sit.

I agree with earlier posts that the restaurant is not at fault for the rules.

Having said that I think Thailand has done a good job seeing as I am stuck in the United Kingdom with deaths approaching 40000.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiocfaidh said:

I agree with earlier posts that the restaurant is not at fault for the rules.

But, as the OP stated, other restaurants in the shopping centre where the rogue Japanese establishment was located had more than one person at each table!

It's the same everywhere.  One place they tied the chairs to a pole so we could not move them.

But some rural places don't care.

I am surprised you have only just noticed this.

• Like 1

I've an idea developing that could materialise into an invention.  The 'social distancing condom', manufactured in China, no less.