BKK to Koh Samui by air - 14 Day Quarantine??

Thinking of taking the family via Bangkok Airways for a couple of days to Koh Samui.  Missus is going stir crazy staying at home.  We live in BKK.  When I called Bangkok Airways they were unsure if we needed to do a 14 day quarantine on arrival in Koh Samui!!!  The Hotel we want to stay at said we did have to undertake 14 days of Quarantine  - here is the emailed reply - 

"We just called to Surat Thani Provincial Public Health Office. They informed us that all travelers travel from Bangkok will have to quarantine 14 days. However, if there is a new annoucement regarding the quarantine, we will get back to you immediately. In the meantime, we are sending the resort information as per attached for your consideration."

However reading some TV posters in Samui that doesn't seem to be the case and we can shoot down for a few days without quarantine.  

Would greatly appreciate anyone with recent experience or advice. 

Edited by SHA 2 BKK

This, which was posted public on Facebook 13 hours ago – which must be around 11 am 30th May 2020 – by Samui info by Nicha, might answer your question...

????????✈️ ???????????????????????? ???????????????? ???????????????????????????? ???????? ???????????????????? ✈️????
At BKK airport, only gate 2 is opened for the departure atm. As usual, thermo camera & alcohol gel are set here for the first screen point. For check-in, you’ll be asked to scan a QR code for Samui Airport registration which took about 5-10 mins. Before entering boarding pass and passport check for departure, another QR Code of Airport of Thailand to scan for your travel info and you are good to go at the gate (if you have no fever????). On board, wearing a mask is required at all times. No food & drinks served on board and if you feel sick, please contact crew immediately. To disembark, passengers will be called by row: B, C etc. and 4-5 mini transfer buses are there for you guys. Very well organized. At arrival, just simply follow the line, staff have already printed out the form that you filled by QR from BKK at check-in counter. Follow the line for temperature check and answer questions (Why did you go to BKK, what did you do in BKK, how many days did you stay in BKK, where do you live/stay in Samui etc.) and if you stayed in BKK for more than 2 days then you’ll be asked to get a follow-up paper to check symptoms for 14 days. They call this “Quarantine” but staff didn’t ask you to stay home or in hotel 24/7 just a paper with tables given for a daily report by sending a photo of a this table via Line application. And yeah that’s it for arrival in Samui from Bangkok. ????

Have a nice stay in Samui ka ❤️

image.png.9ec7a5820226fdf526ff033147e0f105.png

Link to Facebook page here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, khunPer said:

This, which was posted public on Facebook 13 hours ago – which must be around 11 am 30th May 2020 – by Samui info by Nicha, might answer your question...

image.png.9ec7a5820226fdf526ff033147e0f105.png

Link to Facebook page here.

I wonder how travellers without smartphones will get on with this. More form filling? Or refusal to fly?

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 11:56 PM, torturedsole said:

If you're going to stay at the hotel for two weeks anyway then I can't see the problem.  

FYI: Quarantine means staying in the room for 14 days, not staying in a hotel and go to the beach and visit restaurants every night. 

• Like 1

There is no quarantine on Samui according to news articles today, where the president of the Tourism Association of Koh Samui says that everyone who visits the island has to register with the Samui Health Pass application to answer risk assessment for Covid-19, and scan a QR code while using services on Koh Samui.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

There is no quarantine on Samui according to news articles today, where the president of the Tourism Association of Koh Samui says that everyone who visits the island has to register with the Samui Health Pass application to answer risk assessment for Covid-19, and scan a QR code while using services on Koh Samui.

Sick. I can’t believe everyone is obeying this <deleted> without resistance.

Thai people and tourists in Samui are most likely the most stupidest people in Thailand.

But I see this coming everywhere and then I surely go to a country without this madness!

16 hours ago, khunPer said:

I have checked-in a number of guests from Bangkok into villas over the last two weeks and they confirm just form filling and a daily temperature check with a message via the phone. No big hassle they said.

Mind you, I am not sure about people driving to the island. Have some guests coming from Phuket next week, for a few days and so I will find out then.

We happily offer temperature checks to all of our staff and guests.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have checked-in a number of guests from Bangkok into villas over the last two weeks and they confirm just form filling and a daily temperature check with a message via the phone. No big hassle they said.

Mind you, I am not sure about people driving to the island. Have some guests coming from Phuket next week, for a few days and so I will find out then.

We happily offer temperature checks to all of our staff and guests.

Interested in reports.. 

Will be driving in (Chiang Mai plate and Chiang Mai is considered a hot province, despite no cases for weeks now) and ferry so interested on ferry restrictions. Still over 2 weeks until planned arrival. 

On 6/2/2020 at 5:52 PM, LivinLOS said:

Interested in reports.. 

Will be driving in (Chiang Mai plate and Chiang Mai is considered a hot province, despite no cases for weeks now) and ferry so interested on ferry restrictions. Still over 2 weeks until planned arrival. 

Coming to Samui or KPN from the mainland through Donsak ferry.

Fill in the health form. No QR code or tracking. (Confirmed by guests who arrived 30 minutes ago via Surathani Airport.)

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 5:11 PM, Tropicalevo said:

Coming to Samui or KPN from the mainland through Donsak ferry.

Fill in the health form. No QR code or tracking. (Confirmed by guests who arrived 30 minutes ago via Surathani Airport.)

Did they fly from BKK? Same rules for Samui i KPN? My friend is coming to KPN from Phuket, it's "yellow" province code same as BKK... Seems she doesn't need a quarantine in KNP?

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

Did they fly from BKK? Same rules for Samui i KPN? My friend is coming to KPN from Phuket, it's "yellow" province code same as BKK... Seems she doesn't need a quarantine in KNP?

I cannot say for sure about KPN but some guests arrived on Samui from Phuket yesterday and they were pulled to one side at the Nathon ferry pier. They had to present their docs and were told to report to the nearest government health centre on the first day. They are going there today. I will find out what happens next. We were told that there may be a visit from a health worker to check temperatures again but that is not confirmed.

They have not been told to quarantine.

It all seems to be a bit of a movable feast. Guests from Bangkok just filled in a health questionaire at the pier on Saturday.

Edited by Tropicalevo

3 hours ago, sallecc said:

Today's rules if coming to Samui by ferry (after numerous phone calls). I would imagine that the rules for KPN are similar.

From Phuket and sometimes (?) from Bangkok - move to a different desk on arrival at Nathon. Forms filled in and details taken as well as another temperature check.

Travellers are told to report to the nearest government health centre at their destination. Next day is OK.

There, travellers have another temperature check and are given a number to contact via Line. Report daily the temperature readings to this number for a maximum of 14 days.

That's it as explained to me by guests and in conversations with the health clinic.

Tomorrow's rules..........who knows. Not all guests have been told to do the report to the health clinic.

If anyone has other information, please let me know.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...