Power outages Kumphawapi Udon Thani village frequent occurrence

DJ54

Live in a village 20 KM outside of Kumphawapi. Frequently during rainy season power outages. The last 3 weeks

power off one day each week. We are in the outskirts of the main village 1/2 km away. Usually they don’t loose

power. I contact PEA call center every time. I’m going to PEA Kumphawapi and ask to speak to a Manager.

if you’ve had this ongoing problem were you able to find a resolution 

• Haha 1

Welcome to Isaan. Par for the course to get short power cuts (minutes to a couple of hours IME) regularly in rainy season - particularly around now when the faults are being found by the wind that accompanies the typical stormy weather of May/June. Trouble is that the Thais including my wife think it's all part of life - it has driven me mad trying to get her to corner the Puyai Ban to go berate the local PEA manager on behalf of our side of the village that gets it most in the neck.

No luck yet in 12 years! I'm beginning to think it's all part of the natural course of life ???? If I bought a genny it'd probably drive me mad having to get up and go outside again to switch it off a few minutes after cranking it up.

Edited by SantiSuk

Maybe I should change In-laws... one could only dream. I bought a portable generator a couple 2-3 years ago kept it covered started every month.. all good.

Go out to do the monthly start see the side where the wires for motor go to switches etc. looked to be pried open and wires clean

cut. No one knows anything. The guy next door an rewired it. Asked

the wife what caused it? Neighbor said rats... it was way to early to

be drinking....never mind not worth agony of arguing. 

Looked out .. uh wifey where is the generator.. sister was having a 

house built and borrowed... got it back won’t start. Over to the moto shop fixed.. all good.

gone again uncle borrowed he is build a house ish at his farm. Get 

it back won’t start.. like I said maybe easier to replace the in-laws

or put the go bag into action. 

Was hoping to get PEA to be proactive and upgrade or? So at least when sprinkles the no power outages... 

nut no luck... so will send generator back to the moto shop... but at

least passed time and drove most TV members crazy.. it’s always nice to have company...

4 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Maybe I should change In-laws... one could only dream. I bought a portable generator a couple 2-3 years ago kept it covered started every month.. all good.

Go out to do the monthly start see the side where the wires for motor go to switches etc. looked to be pried open and wires clean

cut. No one knows anything. The guy next door an rewired it. Asked

the wife what caused it? Neighbor said rats... it was way to early to

be drinking....never mind not worth agony of arguing. 

Looked out .. uh wifey where is the generator.. sister was having a 

house built and borrowed... got it back won’t start. Over to the moto shop fixed.. all good.

gone again uncle borrowed he is build a house ish at his farm. Get 

it back won’t start.. like I said maybe easier to replace the in-laws

or put the go bag into action. 

Was hoping to get PEA to be proactive and upgrade or? So at least when sprinkles the no power outages... 

nut no luck... so will send generator back to the moto shop... but at

least passed time and drove most TV members crazy.. it’s always nice to have company...

Easy to fix this situation. Worked for me. Try the following - 

" NO, you can't borrow anything of mine."

Done. ????

• Haha 1