Private quarantine facilities at own cost offered to returning foreigners

rooster59

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Questions:

-Does foreigner pay to stay at 'state facility'?   (It's clear that the foreigner pays at the luxury locations.)

- Can 'private facility' mean stay at own home with own family (no other older people in residence), isolated in own bedroom, son puts meals at the b'room door?

Answers

- yes

- no 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"... and will also be subject to 14 days quarantine in Thailand, either at a state facility or in a private facility at their own cost,” he added."

My guess is that the above could easily be misunderstood:

Questions:

-Does foreigner pay to stay at 'state facility'?   (It's clear that the foreigner pays at the luxury locations.)

- Can 'private facility' mean stay at own home with own family (no other older people in residence), isolated in own bedroom, son puts meals at the b'room door? Especially where:

- foreigner uses a wheel chair

- if foreigner holds PR 

- if destination is not Bkk (mine is Chiang Mai where there's no mention of luxury locations)

- if coming from a country which has very low infections numbers, low number of deaths, e.g. Australia

- where Oz doctor is suggesting a full test 14 days before departure and then again 3 days before departure and both tests are negative?

Seems that no flights yet operating Sydney to Chiang Mai and return to Sydney, but when operational I will contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and CAAT and ask re the above and post their answers.

If you have a Work Permit first. Otherwise I reckon everyone gets the same 14-day monitored quarantine.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If you have a Work Permit first. Otherwise I reckon everyone gets the same 14-day monitored quarantine.

I have PR but no work permit, now retired.

Won't be surprised is the 14 days quarantine is monitored, not likely to trust either Thai citizens or foreigners to actually stay at home.

Somewhere in all of this, I guess there will come a time where some of this* gets relaxed and eventually (hopefully) is very relaxed but perhaps with electronic monitoring of all incoming passengers on arrivals at all locations for quite some time.

* Need for medical certificate with COVID 19 negative report

Need for permission in advance to enter

Need for 'fit to fly' document

3 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Remember that they are adding in extra services. So, the per night charge will surely be much higher than whatever you are seeing now for a normal booking.

The Movenpick one in BKK had a total package price that worked out to something above 4000b per night for each night of the 2 week stay, including the required medical checks and ending COVID test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They've given foreigners a way back in with appropriate control measures to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 and still there's moaning about it.

There's no pleasing some folk.

amazing-thailand-featured-2342.jpg.48244c6c63df8bdb01b6094cfb94093e.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

"... and will also be subject to 14 days quarantine in Thailand, either at a state facility or in a private facility at their own cost,” he added."

My guess is that the above could easily be misunderstood:

Questions:

- Can 'private facility' mean stay at own home with own family (no other older people in residence), isolated in own bedroom, son puts meals at the b'room door? Especially where:

- foreigner uses a wheel chair

- if foreigner holds PR 

- if destination is not Bkk (mine is Chiang Mai where there's no mention of luxury locations)

- if coming from a country which has very low infections numbers, low number of deaths, e.g. Australia

- where Oz doctor is suggesting a full test 14 days before departure and then again 3 days before departure and both tests are negative?

Seems that no flights yet operating Sydney to Chiang Mai and return to Sydney, but when operational I will contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and CAAT and ask re the above and post their answers.

No.

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

This kind of quarantine venues are for those who need more services and conveniences compared to normal state quarantine.

Hi-So Quarantine, I bet alcohol and massage also available.......LOL

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Greg O said:

In accordance with the provisions which have actually been in effect for a week now I deposited 46000 for 16 days at the Royal Benja for my gf coming from Dubai, in addition a 100,000 baht medical (refundable) deposit for medical services including death. Also paid 52000 advance for the repatriation flight. So total deposits are 198,000 baht. She is now number 1900 in the que coming from Dubai UAE. Without depositing the funds you Cannot get in the que....Coordination is through the Thai Embassy or consulate in the country of the originating flight. Absurd but that's the procedure. 

B*g*er that, I would have told her to wait it out in Dubai. But joking apart, she is lucky to have you supporting her. How do most people afford that amount of money?

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They've given foreigners a way back in with appropriate control measures to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 and still there's moaning about it.

There's no pleasing some folk.

Only foreigners with a work permit, nothing to be pleased about there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

There are currently five places ready to accommodate people returning from foreign countries -- Movenpick Wellness BDMS Resort Hotel, Qiu Hotel Sukhumvit, Grand Richmond Hotel, Royal Benja Hotel, and The Idle residence. T

When I first read the article I thought it said the first hotel was a BDSM Resort............In Patpong no doubt?............:giggle: 

6 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

The Idle residence...sounds about right for a 2 week quarantine..unless they have a fishbowl service ????

They should include hotel 27 on soi 22 Sukhumvit the foreigners will soon get the gist oif government state Thailand style with the constant cochroaches in your room and filthy rooms after short time girls been there with a hundread customers in 3 days 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

When I first read the article I thought it said the first hotel was a BDSM Resort............In Patpong no doubt?............:giggle: 

Packing me over night bag as we speak !!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Cost per night?

"The quarantine promotions offered by the hotels vary in price and service. Those interested in the Alternative State Quarantine accommodation can check the hotels’ websites or their social media channels".

Ironically she has the money in her UAE account but UAE has put a freeze on money transfers and a low daily limit in addition they're on a 20 hour per day curfew so it makes even the simplest tasks nearly impossible.....more sheer madness abounds ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Whats the difference between staying in hospitals and hotels if showing no signs of symptoms of returning from abroad and staying locked up in my own home for free in Thailand under quarantine - I am not keen on funding the ailing hotel industry - got enough bills of my own to pay?

"- I am not keen on funding the ailing hotel industry -".

You don't have to, when you return you can go to a state quarantine facility.