Private quarantine facilities at own cost offered to returning foreigners

rooster59

37 minutes ago, david555 said:
2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why can't people quarantine in their own condo, house or guesthouse? you know treat people like adults so no extra price gouging

Why oh why .....

€£$ €£$ €£$......

Hum... Reading the many comments on this forum, it's sadly rather obvious that many of "us" would not respect the quarantine if we had to do it in our own place/home.

It's IMHO the main reason why they will not allow this, at least during the first next months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

You don't have to, just use the state quarantine facility.

do you know the cost of the state facilities?

i assume there would be a thai price (free?), and also a foreigner price.

is it true capacity is currently limited to 200 arrivals/day?

49 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Why not? It sounds as though he is married to a Thai lady so he probably has no choice but to maintain ties. This forum is filled with people moaning about Thailand or other so I guess the better question is, if it bothers you why do you participate in the forum?

i think the hotel is what people suspect, it is just a money spinner, if they have government quarrantine anyway why else would it be an option? Because they care about the foreigners?  

You are right, I have a Thai wife and we have a kid. I went to the usual "I love Thailand" -phase as we all, then sobered up when I saw the reality. If I was a single man, I might still come to Thailand but otherwise I would opt for perhaps Spain or Portugal. I would not change my Thai wife though, once you learn how they think, you can have a wonderful marriage ????

Here is a simple rule for leisure travel: " travel  if no quarantine, if quarantine no travel". Call it the updated phrase of "to be or not to be". I have no time for this quarantine <deleted>. You really need a good reason to travel in this Covid 19 climate. 

31 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Hum... Reading the many comments on this forum, it's sadly rather obvious that many of "us" would not respect the quarantine if we had to do it in our own place/home.

It's IMHO the main reason why they will not allow this, at least during the first next months.

Correct. We would think 'the stupid Thais and their stupid rules again', and do as we please because we believe in superior western education. But it's their country, so it's their rules. And even in my own country, the simple people react like the Thai simple people - xenophopia and fear over trivial issues.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

Here is a simple rule for leisure travel: " travel  if no quarantine, if quarantine no travel". Call it the updated phrase of "to be or not to be". I have no time for this quarantine <deleted>. You really need a good reason to travel in this Covid 19 climate. 

if not have time guarentin no travel, keep at home and no go anywere. why you go to thailand if not like guarantine, not big problem stay 14 day guarantine if fly to thailand not big deal. simple stay in hotel and relax, but i not understand w2hy need go to thailand if have guarantine and anythink in thailand not have open and why come .

5 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

w2hy need go to thailand if have guarantine and anythink in thailand not have open and why come .

Some people currently outside of Thailand have family here along with those that have jobs. Many will want return even with quarantine etc.

• Like 1

I will wait a while until they get first feed back on their trial and error method of letting foreigners into Thailand. Once they realize it will not be of benefit they might loosen the requirements.

Want to be back latest end of July to renew my Non-Imm B visa - until then I enjoy the beautiful weather, people and family in Europe.

Now who is going to travel to Thailand knowing that they have to be quarantined for 14 days.  If it is only the foreigners who live here and not the tourists, what sense does that make?  

Lets face it, if you have an economy where tourism is a huge part of it, you might as well close the borders as to impose a 14 day quarantine for arrivals.  It will have the same effect. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

All the quarantine packages are similarly priced at around 50-60k net for the 2 weeks. Cheapest I've seen is Royal Benja in soi 3 at 45k, which is around double the rates you can find at the same hotel on the booking sites. 

This includes meals, regulad hotel a skanky breakfast

7 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Now who is going to travel to Thailand knowing that they have to be quarantined for 14 days.  If it is only the foreigners who live here and not the tourists, what sense does that make?  

Lets face it, if you have an economy where tourism is a huge part of it, you might as well close the borders as to impose a 14 day quarantine for arrivals.  It will have the same effect. 

They have said nothing yet about tourist. Tourist return is only speculation

6 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Looks like I will not be going back to work overseas for a while then as I am not buying two weeks in a luxury hotel every time I come home here and I'm sure I wont be able to invoice it.

Dont forget the 100K insurance. 

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Better off in a formal qurantine setting the getting the whole family at home infected. 

Just now, Kelsall said:

Well, it's a guessing game at this point, but I would say one year is the shortest time people will have to wait.  Quarantineless foreigner travel to Thailand is 2-3 years away, or about the time a vaccine will become available. 

Classic! 

2-3 years untill no quarantine. Also vaccine available same time. They said that for HIV.....Still waiting.

Surely both points are a joke going over my head.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

You don't have to, just use the state quarantine facility.

The way I read it, a foreigner does not have that option.  The foreigner must use an ASQ at his own expense.

101411697_4450054008341765_6206102647502536704_o.jpg

100051828_4450054038341762_1415643361318010880_o.jpg

Edited by Kelsall
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Classic! 

2-3 years untill no quarantine. Also vaccine available same time. They said that for HIV.....Still waiting.

Surely both points are a joke going over my head.

Agree on one point, it's apparently over your head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Remember that they are adding in extra services. So, the per night charge will surely be much higher than whatever you are seeing now for a normal booking.

Throw in a happy ending and people will be queuing up to get in..

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Agree on one point, it's apparently over your head.

Everyone entitled to their opinion. Even crazy ones.

Point is if there was question put to many, such as how long will non Thai require quarantine in the future to enter Thailand, your reply would not even make the Bell curve. Wouldn't even be regarded as "outliner"

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

"... and will also be subject to 14 days quarantine in Thailand, either at a state facility or in a private facility at their own cost,” he added."

My guess is that the above could easily be misunderstood:

Questions:

-Does foreigner pay to stay at 'state facility'?   (It's clear that the foreigner pays at the luxury locations.)

- Can 'private facility' mean stay at own home with own family (no other older people in residence), isolated in own bedroom, son puts meals at the b'room door? Especially where:

- foreigner uses a wheel chair

- if foreigner holds PR 

- if destination is not Bkk (mine is Chiang Mai where there's no mention of luxury locations)

- if coming from a country which has very low infections numbers, low number of deaths, e.g. Australia

- where Oz doctor is suggesting a full test 14 days before departure and then again 3 days before departure and both tests are negative?

Seems that no flights yet operating Sydney to Chiang Mai and return to Sydney, but when operational I will contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and CAAT and ask re the above and post their answers.

And not forgetting the application to leave Australia. 

It went from a level 4 advice to a ban with permission to leave required...

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

If people actually kicked back and relaxed and actually accepted Thailand is out of bounds for the next 12 months am sure their mood would change rather than fighting every announcement with dismay.

I've pencilled in November 2021 for my next trip to Thailand and am checking out Southern Spain for the upcoming winter trips instead.

Relax....

You're right Chivas - I'm in a similar position...the problem with THAT idea is that if the UK government still advises against foreign travel, we wouldn't get travel insurance to go anywhere!

I'm still waiting for my claim for my last return from Thailand to be paid (had to buy a flight after Emirates / UAE closed) - assuming that goes through, I might even cancel my annual travel insurance and reinstate it at a later date.  Ho hum.....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

Seriously? This  should be paid of the Thai governments own pockets just to have foreigners come to Thailand. So creedy by a scam government.

Japan has said today it wants to commence travel to Thailand and Australia  and will offer free accommodation for the duration. 

Thailand is missing the opportunity. 

All it seems is $ making schemes..

Next it will be all inclusive 14 day isolation package and insurance coverage and immigration clearance thrown in...$$$

Edited by dallen52
  • Like 1