Private quarantine facilities at own cost offered to returning foreigners

rooster59

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

do you know the cost of the state facilities?

i assume there would be a thai price (free?), and also a foreigner price.

is it true capacity is currently limited to 200 arrivals/day?

The governement pays 1000 bahts\day to the hotels

in the state facilities scheme. The quarantine stay is free for the Thai people.

The capacity was 200 arrivals\day but considering the big numbers of Thais still

abroad, they are now 400\days to be rapatriated

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, somtumwrong said:

You are right, I have a Thai wife and we have a kid. I went to the usual "I love Thailand" -phase as we all, then sobered up when I saw the reality. If I was a single man, I might still come to Thailand but otherwise I would opt for perhaps Spain or Portugal. I would not change my Thai wife though, once you learn how they think, you can have a wonderful marriage ????

Yes that all sounds fine and reasonable - until you used the word "think". Then it lost any credibility.......Shouldn't that have been react!!  As I feel thinking is an alien concept to most.  Thais and women.

Are cigs/alcohol allowed at these upgraded facilities? a colleague of mine (who is Thai) has just been through his 2 week govt paid for quarantine. He got a perfectly nice hotel room on Sukhumvit, but could not set foot outside his room (other than for medical tests ) for 2 weeks. The food was pretty good and friends/family were allowed to drop off treats to be sent to his room; however they had a strict no smoking and no alcohol policy. 

I wonder if its the same in these places.

2 minutes ago, wordchild said:

Are cigs/alcohol allowed at these upgraded facilities? a colleague of mine (who is Thai) has just been through his 2 week govt paid for quarantine. He got a perfectly nice hotel room on Sukhumvit, but could not set foot outside his room (other than for medical tests ) for 2 weeks. The food was pretty good and friends/family were allowed to drop off treats to be sent to his room; however they had a strict no smoking and no alcohol policy. 

I wonder if its the same in these places.

Possibly due to insurance disclosure for smoking in rooms.  As regards the alcohol - well as a Government assigned facility, they can't be seen to be selling you alcohol via "Room Service".  Wouldn't know about being delivered though?  Maybe.

2 hours ago, treetops said:

When they're here they spend like crazy as they've been locked up, unable to spend for 2, 3, 4 weeks or whatever.  Every baht they spend contributes in VAT, and often other Government duty or import taxes or something similar that ends up in the government's pocket.  Contributors like these should be welcomed by the government IMO.

They are welcomed, as tourists.

9 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

Possibly due to insurance disclosure for smoking in rooms.  As regards the alcohol - well as a Government assigned facility, they can't be seen to be selling you alcohol via "Room Service".  Wouldn't know about being delivered though?  Maybe.

Where my colleague was staying it was zero of both, not available in the hotel and none to be dropped off.

I went there to drop some stuff  off for him (shaving foam and the like) , the place is guarded by military police, everyone was very friendly but everything sent to the room was checked. No alcohol or cigs were allowed for any "guest", that was made clear. 

Edited by wordchild
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all.  I work in oil & gas and am a Brit.  Currently stuck in Africa since 25th Feb.  I have a retirement visa for Thailand as i was getting trouble from immigration for entering every other month.  When the borders open for international flights there are conditions.  

Am i classed as resident because of my retirement visa?  I can get a cert to prove i don't have COVID but i do not reside in the UK and they are telling people to contact the Embassy in their own country.  Is there anywhere i can get ac clearer picture of what i need to do to get back?  I have insurance and can get the COVID cert.  Is there private isolation in Phuket?  I will not fly into BKK.  Apologies if all the info is on this forum.  I am at work and not enough time to search everywhere.  

Thanks in advance..

13 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Next it will be all inclusive 14 day isolation package and insurance coverage and immigration clearance thrown in...$$$

I like the idea. We go Osaka couple times a

year. Problem is Thai obtain only 15 day visa exempt entry. One day outside. I will tell her the good news. Oh I forgot return to Los. Another 14. 

Brave new world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sateeb07 said:

Hello all.  I work in oil & gas and am a Brit.  Currently stuck in Africa since 25th Feb.  I have a retirement visa for Thailand as i was getting trouble from immigration for entering every other month.  When the borders open for international flights there are conditions.  

Am i classed as resident because of my retirement visa?  I can get a cert to prove i don't have COVID but i do not reside in the UK and they are telling people to contact the Embassy in their own country.  Is there anywhere i can get ac clearer picture of what i need to do to get back?  I have insurance and can get the COVID cert.  Is there private isolation in Phuket?  I will not fly into BKK.  Apologies if all the info is on this forum.  I am at work and not enough time to search everywhere.  

Thanks in advance..

No you are not a permanent resident (PR).

At this time you are not allowed into Thailand for retirement.

At this time there is no information if/when there will be any international flights to Phuket.  There is no place to get clear information as it has not been determined yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sateeb07 said:

Thanks in advance..

You can't get back at the moment under any circumstances. Only foreigners with work permits and those that have got permission from the government to come for work can enter and even then there's conditions attached.

FYI, you are not a resident, if you are here on a non-immigrant visa you are here 'temporarily for purposes other than tourism.' That's your official status on a Non-Immigrant visa extension without work permit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, sateeb07 said:

Thanks in advance..

HI mate, no very sorry doesn't look like it's possible just yet.  But I'm sure someone will come along and tell me/you otherwise.

I live here permentantly, so I m might not have this straight - but its my understanding that from what I m reading you're not yet in the category.  It's so far just ass lickers, Oh sorry PR, and those with current Work Permits to enter.

Sit tight, be patient things will get better soon.  Or I hope so. Take care.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, wordchild said:

Where my colleague was staying it was zero of both, not available in the hotel and none to be dropped off.

I went there to drop some stuff  off for him (shaving foam and the like) , the place is guarded by military police, everyone was very friendly but everything sent to the room was checked. No alcohol or cigs were allowed for any "guest", that was made clear. 

Sounds like shhht is it worth doing?  NO!!!  I'd sit it out back home there's much less restrictions.  This is worse, much worse than being in prison, voluntary.

no human rights on this land so not going down the route of parroting anything from the chinese thai communist media, but the  bangkok i saw this weekend apart from the empty malls around emquartier and emporium, were bustling with activity, especially around hua mak, bang kapi, almost all the street shops open, pavement shops open, roads packed, only difference were people wearing masks, if people think this will be major news in six months, then it looks like people are just not going to care about it, 14 days quarantine, lets see how long they keep copying other ideas from countries, before they shelve it all, and go all in trying to regain a broken economy they are to blame for

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:
5 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

You don't have to, when you return you can go to a state quarantine facility.

I'd take that over paying for a luxury quaratine hotel, but like someone else said I think the state facilities are only for Thais.

No, they're for anyone but foreigners do have to pay.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Everyone entitled to their opinion. Even crazy ones.

Point is if there was question put to many, such as how long will non Thai require quarantine in the future to enter Thailand, your reply would not even make the Bell curve. Wouldn't even be regarded as "outliner"

As you said, "Everyone entitled to their opinion. Even crazy ones."

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
4 hours ago, natway09 said:

Most of the younger oil & gas boys do not qualify yet as come in on visa exempt for their short stays.

Unfortunately the harsh reality is that is there's no option to stay here long term for those guys. There never has been. //

No option? And what about the Elite Visa? Seems perfect for their case.

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

No option? And what about the Elite Visa? Seems perfect for their case.

Very true, forgot about that. And I know a couple of guys with that and one of them is stuck overseas at the moment because of the lockdown.

41 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

HI mate, no very sorry doesn't look like it's possible just yet.  But I'm sure someone will come along and tell me/you otherwise.

I live here permentantly, so I m might not have this straight - but its my understanding that from what I m reading you're not yet in the category.  It's so far just ass lickers, Oh sorry PR, and those with current Work Permits to enter.

Sit tight, be patient things will get better soon.  Or I hope so. Take care.

Thanks for the valuable information.  In this case i will just need international flights so i can fly my wife from Phuket, meet her in Dubai and go to our house in Wales.  Hopefully by that time UK will allow isolation in your own home.  I am missing Phuket though, sitting in my local with a cold San Mig and looking out at the ocean........haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I don't know.

The decree of allowing max. 200 pax per day hasn't been changed, so it should still be in place. Is it followed? That's another story. But basically only planes landing (other than cargo) are repatriation flights.

I was told that Thais have to pay quarantine as well, except if at military camp in Sattahip, but not sure if only lodging was free or anything else as well. That's sleeping on the floor under the tent, though, not hotel room.

From what I saw from post by Thai friend, returning from Australia, it cost about 2500-3000 AUD for 2 weeks mandatory quarantine. Staying somewhere in Bangkok.