Private quarantine facilities at own cost offered to returning foreigners

rooster59

19 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

As you said, "Everyone entitled to their opinion. Even crazy ones."

True. What I find surprising is your post re 2-3 year before quarantine not required,  so far only 3 nudge. All laughs of course

Edited by DrJack54

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Why oh why .....

€£$ €£$ €£$......

I dont think it's a money thing. Thais are not real strong at following the rules so quarantine at home is basically no quarantine at all. 

17 minutes ago, sateeb07 said:

Thanks for the valuable information.  In this case i will just need international flights so i can fly my wife from Phuket, meet her in Dubai and go to our house in Wales.  Hopefully by that time UK will allow isolation in your own home.  I am missing Phuket though, sitting in my local with a cold San Mig and looking out at the ocean........haha

Welsh roots too bach, just bought a gaff back there last year Pembrokeshire coast, to re lorate - not IF but WHEN the shhht hits the fan. After 14 years here prefer to be somewhere I know the rules, laws and requirements - or at least where these remain constant and I m treated as an equal, because its my country.  

That seems a good plan mate, all the best with it.  Have a beer overlooking a different ocean.

This place is done for, sit back and wait til it implodes and they go through the cycle of dispair. I ve mentally moved on.  Sold up all my assets, now just waiting to see how this shhht fest pans out.

Good luck.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why can't people quarantine in their own condo, house or guesthouse? you know treat people like adults so no extra price gouging

Because adults in the 2 countrys I know of Australia and Thailand, didnt stay in self isolation let alone quarantine, Thats why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sateeb07 said:

Thanks for the valuable information.  In this case i will just need international flights so i can fly my wife from Phuket, meet her in Dubai and go to our house in Wales.  Hopefully by that time UK will allow isolation in your own home.  I am missing Phuket though, sitting in my local with a cold San Mig and looking out at the ocean........haha

Thanks for sharing your flight schedule mate.

Good to know that you have everything organized with all details and sharing this useful info with the TV community.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 19DL86 said:

Welsh roots too bach, just bought a gaff back there last year Pembrokeshire coast, to re lorate - not IF but WHEN the shhht hits the fan. After 14 years here prefer to be somewhere I know the rules, laws and requirements - or at least where these remain constant and I m treated as an equal, because its my country.  

That seems a good plan mate, all the best with it.  Have a beer overlooking a different ocean.

This place is done for, sit back and wait til it implodes and they go through the cycle of dispair. I ve mentally moved on.  Sold up all my assets, now just waiting to see how this shhht fest pans out.

Good luck.

????

Edited by sateeb07

19 minutes ago, bander said:

Thanks for sharing your flight schedule mate.

Good to know that you have everything organized with all details and sharing this useful info with the TV community.

Very sorry to offend you, it was not my intention.....

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

The 14-day quarantine period is nonsense.

The results of an RT-PCR test take a maximum of 48 hours. If the test result is negative, why then an unnecessarily long quarantine?

I saw Vienna Airport apparently having 300Eur tests at the airport and give passengers a choice of test or quarantine. But as that's per person, it's 1200 EUR for parents with 2 kids, for instance. Well, probably still cheaper than 14 days quarantine...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sateeb07 said:

I have been saying for a year or 2 that Phuket will be deserted in 3 years but everyone thinks i'm nuts.  They are shooting themselves in the foot with all the greed and overcharging.  Many places cheaper and more welcoming that Thailand now.  We were in Myanmar last year and were pleasantly surprised by how nice it was.  Cheap and great service everywhere we went.  Add to that the fact that the Thai authorities seem to want all of us Farangs out and welcome only Chinese...

Phuket has always been that way and people have been saying that for as long as I can remember, and I have been here nigh on thirty years now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 19DL86 said:

Good luck.

<deleted> off  asap. 

46 minutes ago, koolkarl said:

They can keep their country.  So many other countries to live in

that are not anti westerner in every way, shape and form.  By the way do

you qualify for subsidized holidays by thai government? Of course not, you

are a westerner.  Same situation a few years ago when only thais could buy new

vehicles tax free.  What does it take?

You’re actually berating a country for putting its own citizens before the whims and needs of Western people (foreigners) settle down get a grip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I'd take that over paying for a luxury quaratine hotel, but like someone else said I think the state facilities are only for Thais.

no, the state facilities are for Thais and foreigners

but it's free only for the Thais, foreigners have to pay for their stay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Number said:

I’m up for another Rice cooker if you have one 

Nup. Bit if I knew about covid 19, I would have returned with sandwich press when last back Oz.

My Thai gf say you pis# poor farang. Ting tong. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. Also this is not easy hurdle. Some USA guys stating difficult/impossible. 

These so-called USA guys must be Hicks in the sticks, because Coronavirus tests are available in every major city in America.

Now, it's not easy, might have to make an appointment and wait a week or two.

That's probably a major hurdle for the low IQ Americans you heard from on TVF. ????

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How much you get for all the "assets"

Honda wave? Nick off

You been drinking? The bloke expressed his opinion, no need to tell him to "<deleted> off asap"

• Thanks 1