Private quarantine facilities at own cost offered to returning foreigners

rooster59

2 hours ago, brucec64 said:

I dont think it's a money thing. Thais are not real strong at following the rules so quarantine at home is basically no quarantine at all. 

I was refering to the high so quarantine .....

Thais not able to follow rules ....wel they stop now at the red traffic light .....who would thought that 5 years ago ....lol

20 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Could anyone translate this goobly gook into English, please? ????

Gaff = house/place of residence

Bach = terms of endearment used by one Welsh person to another

Relorate = doesn't take Einstein to work it out....

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 19DL86 said:

Yes this will likely be quite expensive, aimed more at your returning Expat oil and gas boys for example.  Can't see the 1,000Bt per night 2/3star hotels being in the mix.  My guess 5,000 per night.

Those involved will be "high end" establishments with association and connections in the Govt.

...........well I maybe wrong, a quick look on booking.com and some of these hotels are in a very reasonable price range.  In fact it looks like many very good hotels are now sub 1,500Bt.

No tourists will come here. All this bad media streams. These army crooks are done. They should promote domestic ????????????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Movenpick one in BKK had a total package price that worked out to something above 4000b per night for each night of the 2 week stay, including the required medical checks and ending COVID test.

Bargain!

Meanwhile, in the Isle of Man, returning residents of the Isle of Man have to pay for the Covid-19 swab test before boarding the ferry at Heysham (England), pay for the ferry and pay for the the subsequent, mandatory 14-day quarantine at the IoM government-provided quarantine facility (golf resort).

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
2 hours ago, sateeb07 said:

I have been saying for a year or 2 that Phuket will be deserted in 3 years but everyone thinks i'm nuts.  They are shooting themselves in the foot with all the greed and overcharging.  Many places cheaper and more welcoming that Thailand now.  We were in Myanmar last year and were pleasantly surprised by how nice it was.  Cheap and great service everywhere we went.  Add to that the fact that the Thai authorities seem to want all of us Farangs out and welcome only Chinese...

Phuket has always been that way and people have been saying that for as long as I can remember, and I have been here nigh on thirty years now.

OK. Five years then.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, jimn said:

As I have said on other threads. As far as the UK is concerned until the UK foreign office changes its advice not to undertake foreign travel, there is no new UK insurance you can take out to meet requirements anyway.

Then wait and hope. Better you try to get it in another country.

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

These so-called USA guys must be Hicks in the sticks, because Coronavirus tests are available in every major city in America.

Now, it's not easy, might have to make an appointment and wait a week or two.

That's probably a major hurdle for the low IQ Americans you heard from on TVF. ????

Major problems for us stuck in the US while family is in LOS are A. The Thai Embassy and Consulates (if open) are only dealing with Thai citizens trying to get home and diplomats, can't get a visa.  B. Find a flight as only repatriation flights allowed in to Thailand right now.  C. $100,000 policy that specifically covers COVID-19, have yet to see one of those and have been looking (my policy is over $100k but can't get anything specifically saying covers COVID-19 in writing).   D. A number of declarations that Thailand is going to selectively allow foreigners depending on country of origin with the US being down the list due to the rates of infections and deaths (and until an agreement signed between the two countries).  I have already braced my mind and heart to the fact that I may have to wait until next May (due to work schedule) before I will get back to my teens, my 2 yr old, and my wonderful wife.

4 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

no, the state facilities are for Thais and foreigners

but it's free only for the Thais, foreigners have to pay for their stay.

I guess my last post got lost or deleted in Australia you get put in to 5 star hotels

there is no cost to residents or foreigners so Thailand is just trying to make money. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I guess my last post got lost or deleted in Australia you get put in to 5 star hotels

there is no cost to residents or foreigners so Thailand is just trying to make money. 

And they still complain when its free

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarathiessen/2020/04/04/australian-travelers-complain-about-5-star-hotel-quarantine/

Australia’s borders are closed. Only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members can travel to Australia.

Edited by vinny41

On one day they offer to pay for accommodation in an effort to stimulate the tourists. 

Then the next day they offer up market isolation options in luxury hotels...

They write that people requiring covid19 treatment are not to be charged by private hospitals. 

The government will pay. 

But if you have private insurance it's ok to use.

Oh but it now appears that this is for thais only.

You couldn't make this stuff up. 

This is Thailand...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mr mr said:

i found one of the illusive health certificates inside a chocolate bar with a gold wrapper. 

My thoughts exactly, the elusive health certificate, and also the insurance that covers Covid-19. More hoops to jump through than a dogs agility course.

11 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The governement pays 1000 bahts\day to the hotels

in the state facilities scheme. The quarantine stay is free for the Thai people.

The capacity was 200 arrivals\day but considering the big numbers of Thais still

abroad, they are now 400\days to be rapatriated

The government pays B1000/day to the hotel, but how much does the government charge the foreigner needing the quarantine hotel room?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I'd take that over paying for a luxury quaratine hotel, but like someone else said I think the state facilities are only for Thais.

state quaratine facilities  you will be sharing your room with someone else, if you want a single room to yourself you have to go the other route

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

state quaratine facilities  you will be sharing your room with someone else, if you want a single room to yourself you have to go the other route

If you use the expensive service and have to 'share' surely you could provide a list of the attributes and 'services' expected from your sharer?

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

I don't think so

because of the ''social distancing'' requirment

there is actualy only 1 person in each room

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wpcoe said:

The government pays B1000/day to the hotel, but how much does the government charge the foreigner needing the quarantine hotel room?

There are actually only Thai people in quarantine rooms, it's free for them

The opening to foreigners with work permits start only from today 1st june

so wait and see but my bet is a price of 1000\day 

If I already have:

— a Non-Imm ‘B’ Thai visa

— a Thai work permit

— a domestic air ticket to go to Udon

Thani from Bangkok

— a place of residence in Nong Khai

— A health certificate that that
   indicates A negative covid-test
   result

Then, will I be allowed to travel onward from Bangkok, to get to my apartment in Nong Khai — before starting my self-quarantine there?  — or will I be required to be quarantined in Bangkok immediately after my international arrival?  

If the latter, would there be any alternative to paying 5,000 baht per night for quarantining?  

I am ticketed to return to Thailand on Tuesday, 7 July, and I’m still seeking a clear answer to my question.

I would greatly appreciate any info you may have.  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I don't think so

because of the ''social distancing'' requirment

there is actualy only 1 person in each room

Video clearly states 2 people per room , you are assign a roommate at the airport rooms are large enough for social distancing requirments

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DKStuntz said:

If I already have:

— a Thai work permit

Thani from Bangkok

result

Then, will I be allowed to travel onward from Bangkok, to get to my apartment in Nong Khai — before starting my self-quarantine there?  — or will I be required to be quarantined in Bangkok immediately after my international arrival?  

If the latter, would there be any alternative to paying 5,000 baht per night for quarantining?  

I am ticketed to return to Thailand on Tuesday, 7 July, and I’m still seeking a clear answer to my question.

There is no self quarantine option at the moment  no-one knows what the travel arrangements will be in July if you need to get back for work you should be talking with your local Thai embassy

Edited by vinny41
additional info
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DKStuntz said:

If I already have:

— a Thai work permit

Thani from Bangkok

result

And as nobody knows there is no answer - if quarantine still as now you would be held on arrival in Bangkok for the 14 days and believe price is charged one time at 30-50k for stay and 3 meals a day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Video clearly states 2 people per room , you are assign a roommate at the airport rooms are large enough for social distancing requirments

This 2 people in the same room rule is just crazy

when you arrive at the airport, nobody know if you are infected or not

then good luck with the ''lottery'' of a room mate (Possibily infected) assigned to you

• Like 2