— a Non-Imm ‘B’ Thai visa

— a Thai work permit

— a domestic air ticket to go to Udon

Thani from Bangkok

— a place of residence in Nong Khai

— A health certificate that that
   indicates A negative covid-test
   result

Then, will I be allowed to travel onward from Bangkok, to get to my apartment in Nong Khai — before starting my self-quarantine there?  — or will I be required to be quarantined in Bangkok immediately after my international arrival?  

If the latter, would there be any alternative to paying 5,000 baht per night for quarantining?  

I am ticketed to return to Thailand on Tuesday, 7 July, and I’m still seeking a clear answer to my question.

I would greatly appreciate any info you may have.  Thanks.

I recomand you to contact the Thai consulate or embassy in your actual country

they are the only one able to give you the correct advice

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 6:26 AM, rooster59 said:

Private quarantine facilities at own cost offered to returning foreigners

By THE NATION

800_e0b6cfc97673623.jpg

Foreigners returning to Thailand from abroad can choose special services at their own expense during their 14 days of quarantine on arrival.

I was wondering if the Nation was just taking the <deleted> with their article?

I have kids in Thailand that need schooling and I am going to have to waste all their school fees slumming it in one of these opulent gazebos surrounded by water lilies doing the 14 days  quarantine having coming back from some far flung part of the world earning a pittance to pay for said school fees.

Couldn't they just strap a ankle bracelet on us instead as an option as we pass immigration? It seems to function well for Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

"Private quarantine facilities at own cost offered to returning foreigners". ...but only ones with invitation letters from Thai embassies in their own country.

What is the logic there? Wouldn't this policy work to every foreigner? I mean 14 days mandatory quarantine. What is the logic that it only applies to people who get a letter from the embassy?

And aren't the airports closed for international travel?

And why do these stories always mention that the foreigners have to get the letter from the Thai embassy in their own country before travelling. Can't the Thai authorities or the authors of these stories imagine a world where foreigners are not in their own country?

4 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Few flights have always been allowed

like the cargo ones, military and medical planes

also the special flights for international repatriation

Edited by kingofthemountain

This is what should have been in place from the beginning with single country bans for irresponsible nations, eg, USA, who dont have proper measures to monitor or control their citizens.

So many people impacted by such a short-sighted, narrow-minded decision to close the borders when the economy is heavily reliant on tourism. People arent going to come flooding to Thailand. A lot of people are afraid to travel. Except the idiots in the USA I guess but you can just ban flights from badly performing nations.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ketyo said:

"Private quarantine facilities at own cost offered to returning foreigners". ...but only ones with invitation letters from Thai embassies in their own country.

What is the logic there? Wouldn't this policy work to every foreigner? I mean 14 days mandatory quarantine. What is the logic that it only applies to people who get a letter from the embassy?

And why do these stories always mention that the foreigners have to get the letter from the Thai embassy in their own country before travelling. Can't the Thai authorities or the authors of these stories imagine a world where foreigners are not in their own country?

Won't matter if your USA or UK as I suspect they will be banned IMO BUT your right zero logic just hoops added because..well they can!

2 hours ago, Ketyo said:

I could have picked many other posts apart from yours. 

Some points.....Thailand cannot handle mass quarantine. They currently hardly cope with returning nationals. They then select the smallest group  foreigners. Work permit and PR. Then impose huge hurdles. 

It's so they can manage it. Folk that have families here and retired guys may consider it. I would not.

Also many countries looking for "hub".

Japan just announced hub with AU, NZ. VIETNAM and one other. This will be plan forward. Hopefully Thai with bordering countries. 

BTW the rules are far more strict in my country AU. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ketyo said:

This policy is in effect starting now. That's what required of you if you must make an attempt to enter Thailand this month - meaning being truly desperate even if they belong to the chosen groups.

It's obvious that there will be a very limited number of those who will succeed.

July might be a completely different story considering all the news about the real re-opening to foreigners.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, madmen said:

You don't have any choice in the matter cobber

What do you mean. My post was regarding next stage. Post work permit holders and PR.

After that who knows. If it's non o married/ retire then you would need to accept dire consequences. Re quarantine  etc

I would not.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Mikeinapac said:

This is what should have been in place from the beginning with single country bans for irresponsible nations, eg, USA, who dont have proper measures to monitor or control their citizens.

So many people impacted by such a short-sighted, narrow-minded decision to close the borders when the economy is heavily reliant on tourism. People arent going to come flooding to Thailand. A lot of people are afraid to travel. Except the idiots in the USA I guess but you can just ban flights from badly performing nations.

the economy isn’t heavily reliant on tourism, it accounts for 20% max. They are protecting the 80% of the economy by not letting in In thousands of infected people and putting the internal economy at risk 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jajazazajaja said:

the economy isn’t heavily reliant on tourism, it accounts for 20% max. They are protecting the 80% of the economy by not letting in In thousands of infected people and putting the internal economy at risk 

20% peanuts?

What's the percentage of people dependent for their livelihood?

Definitely more than that. Mostly poor and the least protected of the society.

Besides stop the fear-mongering about the USA's covid situation.

By now they're probably one of the safest country in the world regarding the virus.

Why? Cause they've build up enough of the herd immunity to basically call the pandemic over, especially in cities like New York.

Their inability to impose restrictions allowed the virus freely propagate throughout the city.

Look at the numbers now - the virus is done.

The US media was blowing the situation out of proportion due to the open season on Trump.

covidNY.PNG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, unheard said:

20% peanuts?

What's the percentage of people dependent for their livelihood?

Definitely more than that. Mostly poor and the least protected of the society.

Besides stop the fear-mongering about the USA's covid situation.

By now they're probably one of the safest country in the world regarding the virus.

Why? Cause they've build up enough of the herd immunity to basically call the pandemic over, especially in cities like New York.

Their inability to impose restrictions allowed the virus freely propagate throughout the city.

Look at the numbers now - the virus is done.

The US media was blowing the situation out of proportion due to the open season on Trump.

covidNY.PNG

Stop using statistics and logic or you want people to die

I am not sure who in their right minds would gamble 80% of GDP against 20% of GDP and this year tourism will account for less maybe 5 or 10% of GDP

Out of the 53 new #COVID19 cases found in #Thailand over the past two weeks, there are 44 Thais who returned from abroad. This is why the borders remain closed and why repatriated Thais have to go into quarantine for 14 days.

251 Thais arrived on a repatriation flight today from London. This time 20 of them had a high fever and were sent to hospital for further testing. Others were sent to quarantine #COVID19 #โควิด19 #Thailand

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

I am not sure who in their right minds would gamble 80% of GDP against 20% of GDP and this year tourism will account for less maybe 5 or 10% of GDP

It's not a gamble...
Somehow I'm not convinced that Thailand is virus free as is not affected after millions of tourists came in in the first three months of the year.

Thailand might actually have already build up enough of herd immunity not to be concerned about any second waves of the current virus.

The Thai population on average is much younger than in the western world.

It's a real possibility that many have already experienced the illness without developing any hard symptoms.

Just look at the numbers of the antibody-positive tests where they run them in the west.

Without much testing it's impossible to say but a lot of data available in the west points to that direction.

That would explain why Thailand numbers are so exceptionally low (other than not testing everyone and his dog as is currently done in the west and many parts of asia.)

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Let's not forget that if you need to quarantine after passing someone in a supermarket expect a 45k+ bill at the end

Where did you see that we should expect to pay so much? 

I remember articles saying a price of 1'000B max per day for quarantine in a state facility.

It's a third of you price!

1 hour ago, unheard said:

It's not a gamble...
Somehow I'm not convinced that Thailand is virus free as is not affected after millions of tourists came in in the first three months of the year.

Thailand might actually have already build up enough of herd immunity not to be concerned about any second waves of the current virus.

The Thai population on average is much younger than in the western world.

It's a real possibility that many have already experienced the illness without developing any hard symptoms.

Just look at the numbers of the antibody-positive tests where they run them in the west.

Without much testing it's impossible to say but a lot of data available in the west points to that direction.

That would explain why Thailand numbers are so exceptionally low (other than not testing everyone and his dog as is currently done in the west and many parts of asia.)

If the Thai Goverment was to trial your theory on a remote isolated island with some people that have been tested postive for Covid19 and a cross group of the Thai/Foreigner population (volunteers) would you and your family take part in such a trial

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

If the Thai Goverment was to trial your theory on a remote isolated island with some people that have been tested postive for Covid19 and a cross group of the Thai/Foreigner population (volunteers) would you and your family take part in such a trial

No trials necessary - just run tests, collect and then interpret the data.

As other countries have already done.

And guess what, there's quite a bit of evidence that is starting to find its way out of the established mold supporting the thesis that the cure is much worse than the decease.

e.g.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/german-adviser-sacked-for-report-on-lockdown-peril-jjzvpvrq9

https://www.aier.org/article/nobel-laureate-michael-levitt-on-the-lockdowns-i-think-it-is-a-huge-mistake/

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, unheard said:

No trials necessary - just run tests, collect and then interpret the data.

As other countries have already done.

And guess what, there's quite a bit of evidence that is starting to find its way out of the established mold supporting the thesis that the cure is much worse than the decease.

e.g.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/german-adviser-sacked-for-report-on-lockdown-peril-jjzvpvrq9

https://www.aier.org/article/nobel-laureate-michael-levitt-on-the-lockdowns-i-think-it-is-a-huge-mistake/

Well if you believe in loony tunes you and your family would have no issue in taking part in a  trial on a remote isolated island with some people that have been tested postive for Covid19 and a cross group of the Thai/Foreigner population (volunteers)  as you know you have nothing to worry about

7 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Simply put, better to stay in Europe for this year ?

You could have no choice anyway as

It seems Thailand is not ready to open soon

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/06/02/prime-minister-says-when-international-travel-re-opens-in-thailand-will-be-specific-countries-allowed-at-first-and-will-move-cautiously/

Edited by kingofthemountain